[CIBC] The FREE Aeroplan Miles thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2016 3:46 pm
Jun 20, 2009
28 posts
Winnipeg
sp14 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 1:17 pm
I did a search and didn't find a post about this -- the "choose more" program will be changing:

To our valued choose more program participants,

The current choose more program with Aeroplan and PepsiCo will be changing as of June 30, 2011. To ensure the miles you have accumulated are credited to your Aeroplan account, all outstanding Aeroplan PINs must be deposited by this date; they will not be accepted after June 30, 2011.

Thank you for your participation in the program, and watch for other exciting promotions in the future.

From the site http://www.choosemore.ca

I was waiting for a bonus point promotion to deposit my PINs but I think I'll just deposit them so they don't expire.
I would have thought that the lack of points on the cereal boxes and orange juice cartons were a dead giveaway that this partnership was ending (see: Nestle and Aeroplan). Of course, we should warn ourselves now that the program seems to be expiring six months earlier than originally planned (boxes say expiry was December 31, 2011).
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
33657 posts
2277 upvotes
Markham
sp14 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 1:17 pm
I did a search and didn't find a post about this -- the "choose more" program will be changing:

To our valued choose more program participants,

The current choose more program with Aeroplan and PepsiCo will be changing as of June 30, 2011. To ensure the miles you have accumulated are credited to your Aeroplan account, all outstanding Aeroplan PINs must be deposited by this date; they will not be accepted after June 30, 2011.

Thank you for your participation in the program, and watch for other exciting promotions in the future.

From the site http://www.choosemore.ca

I was waiting for a bonus point promotion to deposit my PINs but I think I'll just deposit them so they don't expire.

thanks for the notice.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jun 20, 2009
28 posts
Winnipeg
RetroWinnipeg wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 12:30 pm
Take a look at this from nestle-aeroplan.ca:

NOW EVEN MORE WAYS TO EARN AEROPLAN® MILES with customized offers from Nestle!
DEPOSIT PINS FROM PARTICIPATING NESTLE® CHOCOLATE AND ICE CREAM PRODUCTS and we’ll treat you with 25 bonus miles.

Basically, this means that when you enter a chocolate candy PIN, you can earn bonus miles when you also enter a similar ice cream/frozen product PIN (or vice versa) within a certain period of time. Here is my scenario:

Enter a PIN from a Coffee Crisp Bites bag (I did this on April 5), and you will get a message saying when you enter a PIN from a Coffee Crisp ice cream tub or Coffee Crisp frozen novelties box before April 20, you get a bonus 25 miles.

Can we have a list going of all the bonus miles scenarios for this promotion?

Here is another one from entering a bag of Rolo Dark tonight (April 6): To earn additional Aeroplan® Miles, you have until Apr 20, 2011 to purchase any ROLO Tub or ROLO Peanut Butter Jam Packed Tub or ROLO Cone multipack or ROLO Sandwich multipack or ROLO bar multipack and receive 25 Bonus Aeroplan Miles!

Also, you might get a kick out of this angel_wing0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMO93VvZELs
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
1657 posts
47 upvotes
in order to get free aeroplan points, when i got for dinner with a group of friends (say 8ppl or so) i wait til everybody pays their part (usually all drop cash) then i just collect all the $ and i pay with my aeroplan visa :)
so if we spent say $20 each and it's 8 of us thats = $160 total right ? well $140 worth of points would be free for me, because its bonus points i get for money i didn't spend ...

it also works out when i purchase say groceries or electronics and even other discounted items on sale for friends and family, i call them saying: hey i'm here @xyz and they have certain thing at this price want one ? if they say yes, chi ching !! visa pays for it, i collect points then i get cash !!!

lots of free aeroplan points this way (given u have a cibc visa or amex gold)
For sale threads:
Coins/
Cloth/
Phones/
Aug 10, 2003
279 posts
70 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2009 3:43 pm

- Join aeromove.ca and get 250 aeroplan miles!

just an FYI, I signed up earlier this week and I got 500 miles not 250.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
33657 posts
2277 upvotes
Markham
K2` wrote:
Apr 8th, 2011 11:19 am
just an FYI, I signed up earlier this week and I got 500 miles not 250.

yip seems like they have a promo on right now:

Aeroplan® Great Round Up Registration Promotion. Register today and receive a BONUS 500 Aeroplan® Miles.

Valid only for new registrations from March 21 to May 15, 2011.

thanks for the note, will change OP.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jan 7, 2009
61 posts
2 upvotes
i am surprised no one mentioned eBay.ca as a aeroplan eStore. They credit you 1 aeroplan point for every CND dollar you spend on eBay.ca. It isn't technically free but i know a lot of you show on eBay anyways.
1 aeroplan point for every dollar spent is quite good.
Dec 28, 2007
586 posts
134 upvotes
Earn 500 bonus miles with Fairmont President's Club
From May 2, 2011 to June 30, 2011

To earn 500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, follow these easy steps by June 30:

Join the Fairmont President's Club online, and tell us your Passions. Be sure to opt-in to receiving communications - Include Enrollment Code: PASHN in your profile.
OR, already an FPC member? Tell us your Passions, opt-in for communications, and add Promotion Code: PASSION in your profile.

Make sure to add your Aeroplan Number to your Fairmont President's Club Profile and select "Aeroplan" as your earning preference in your profile.

You'll earn 500 bonus miles as a Fairmont President's Club member by simply completing the steps above!
Jul 14, 2010
355 posts
79 upvotes
Signed up!
Will see what happens!
Thanks
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
33657 posts
2277 upvotes
Markham
JUnit wrote:
May 10th, 2011 1:58 pm
Earn 500 bonus miles with Fairmont President's Club
From May 2, 2011 to June 30, 2011

To earn 500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, follow these easy steps by June 30:

Join the Fairmont President's Club online, and tell us your Passions. Be sure to opt-in to receiving communications - Include Enrollment Code: PASHN in your profile.
OR, already an FPC member? Tell us your Passions, opt-in for communications, and add Promotion Code: PASSION in your profile.

Make sure to add your Aeroplan Number to your Fairmont President's Club Profile and select "Aeroplan" as your earning preference in your profile.

You'll earn 500 bonus miles as a Fairmont President's Club member by simply completing the steps above!

nice it's back again, too bad i already registered. Willl update OP~
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Mar 14, 2004
353 posts
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le…
If you are already member, you update your profile and put PASSION in the promotional code box. You will get your 500 aeroplan.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
33657 posts
2277 upvotes
Markham
retraite wrote:
May 10th, 2011 3:57 pm
If you are already member, you update your profile and put PASSION in the promotional code box. You will get your 500 aeroplan.

nice going to give it a shot, thanks xD
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Mar 23, 2004
33657 posts
2277 upvotes
Markham
op updated, thanks junit~
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9781 posts
440 upvotes
redkid wrote:
Apr 7th, 2011 7:55 am
in order to get free aeroplan points, when i got for dinner with a group of friends (say 8ppl or so) i wait til everybody pays their part (usually all drop cash) then i just collect all the $ and i pay with my aeroplan visa :)
so if we spent say $20 each and it's 8 of us thats = $160 total right ? well $140 worth of points would be free for me, because its bonus points i get for money i didn't spend ...
Working in the restaurant business, I absolutely hate this (but being a RFD'er, I understand it).

However, I guarantee you that your friends talk about your habit behind your back and make fun of it! My group of friends has someone who did that all the time and some people were quite annoyed by it.
× < >