Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free AVG Internet Security 2014 & Antivirus Pro 2014 for 1 year

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2013 8:49 pm
Tags:
None
May 20, 2012
242 posts
358 upvotes
Mississauga

Free AVG Internet Security 2014 & Antivirus Pro 2014 for 1 year

Price:
$0
Savings:
100%
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rY1FEU7.png[/IMG]
[QUOTE]
Terms and Conditions

This is a 1-user 1-year license, for home and business use.
Please take note the way AVG runs freebies is they provide extended “trials” instead of licenses. This freebie is really a 365 day extended trial of AVG Internet Security 2014 instead of an actual 1-year license. In terms of features and protections, there are no differences between a trial and a real license — you get all the same features, updates, and protection. The difference arises in who can install it. If you have used AVG Internet Security in the past, then you might not be able to install an extended trial and thus won’t be able to get this freebie. (If you haven’t used AVG Internet Security in the past, then you can get this freebie.) That is why AVG does it this way: they want to attract new users with freebies, but don’t necessarily want to give a free year to existing users.
Free updates for one year
No free tech support
Cannot be installed or re-installed after this offer is over
Technical Details

Developed by AVG
Version is 2014
Download size is 130 MB, 143 MB
Supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
This may not be resold for profit.
[/QUOTE] More info here

Download:

AVG Internet Security 2014: Antivirus Pro 2014: Remove Ad: "AVG Free 2014 Notification" delete :

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2014\banners\free
Please move thread to freebies if not popular. Thanks.
10 replies
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Meiosis wrote: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rY1FEU7.png[/IMG]
More info here

Download:

AVG Internet Security 2014: Antivirus Pro 2014: Remove Ad: "AVG Free 2014 Notification" delete :

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2014\banners\free

Please move thread to freebies if not popular. Thanks.
that's a nice trick :)
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
OP, correction, delete the whole "banners" folder and you got your self a free version for 1 year :)
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Disable AVG

Locate "Banners" folder and delete it. Depending on your OS 32bit or 64 bit,

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2014\banners\
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2014\banners\
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
andriykoua wrote: yep, I laugh when I see ppl mention MSE, as it's total crap.
hehe, funny guy :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
andriykoua wrote: yep, I laugh when I see ppl mention MSE, as it's total crap.
Funny, that is how I feel about AVG. We used AVG at work for years. It never successfully detected and removed any malware in several years despite KNOWING there is malware (ie, usb sticks and autoplay). Each time, MSE found and removed it after AVG epic failed. When MSE reported the name of it, I went to AVG's site, and they claimed it was added to definitions the year before. About a month later, AVG did detect something, failed to remove it, and then failed to ever detect it again. Complete garbage, IMO.

My Dad had paid AVG for several years. He's been infected at least twice. He has been on MSE for 1+ year without any infections.

I will never use AVG ever again. Too many friends computers come to me with major malware issues and AVG did sweet F all (same with McAfee). MSE with Malware bytes have detected and fixed all but one infection I've encountered, and that required a full reinstall due to boot issues.

My only issue with MSE is that it increases boot times on some of my machines and the occasional 20% CPU usage.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)