• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 1:53 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2017
495 posts
245 upvotes
GTA West

Free Bag with CIBC Aerogold Infinity - How to Use

Has anyone used an eligible CIBC credit card for the free checked bag with an Aeroplan booking?

Do you check in without declaring the bag to avoid paying for it? And then show your card to the agent?

Thanks for any info on this.
5 replies
Nov 24, 2008
311 posts
138 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Don't check your bag in online or you'll have to pay for it and get reimbursed afterwards which is a giant pita. Check in, indicate 0 bags and when you get to the airport, go direct to a ticket agent declare the number of bags to check, show your Aeroplan credit card to get your free bag, pay for any other bags if you're checking in more than one and then they'll print the luggage tag(s).
Aug 12, 2014
92 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TartanToed wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 11:19 pm
Don't check your bag in online or you'll have to pay for it and get reimbursed afterwards which is a giant pita. Check in, indicate 0 bags and when you get to the airport, go direct to a ticket agent declare the number of bags to check, show your Aeroplan credit card to get your free bag, pay for any other bags if you're checking in more than one and then they'll print the luggage tag(s).
OP should try online. there is nothing to lose, unless he enters his credit card number to pay the fee. juste check in online and select 1 bag, if the card is correctly linked, the system should not charge for the bag. if the system asks you to paid, check in at the airport. don't forget that you can visit the lounge for free once a year and they need to swipe your credit card. boarding pass should have a zone 2 boarding group
May 11, 2008
519 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
I've gotten the free checked bag a couple of times.
You just do it when you get to the airport, I just let the agent know I purchased the ticket with the Aeroplan credit card and just showed it to them.
They just process it as a free check-in bag, it's easy enough.
It's just as @TartanToed explained.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7495 posts
1891 upvotes
Toronto
Mulla57 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 1:12 pm
Cibc Aeroplan gives lounge access?
The ae infinite visa gives one MLL access per year on award ticket booked with your points.