Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hosterbox.com

Free Canadian Web Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime, Cpanel, E-mail, Canadian! -Hosterbox

Apr 2, 2018
120 posts
223 upvotes
Hosterbox wrote: Data is completely safe and cPanel is accessible. We're just having some issues with some of the traffic going to the server and Apache is being limited until the issue is fully resolved. The Apache service is intermittent on the server currently. Only the Spock server is affected.
If Spock is the server your website is on then it is the "only" server that matters!
Hope it can be fixed. I've never seen a problem last this long so it must be really bad.
Dec 7, 2012
911 posts
675 upvotes
Ontario
Down for a month now. I guess this means Hosterbox either doesn't know what's wrong or doesn't care (probably the latter). No problem short of the datacenter getting nuked should take >a month to fix.

Just 2 months ago I came and posted here about how great and reliable the service was. Bummer.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
EliteJay wrote: Down for a month now. I guess this means Hosterbox either doesn't know what's wrong or doesn't care (probably the latter). No problem short of the datacenter getting nuked should take >a month to fix.

Just 2 months ago I came and posted here about how great and reliable the service was. Bummer.
oh you telling me the server is still down? i guess the deal is dead then.
Apr 3, 2015
251 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn just started to learn web design by myself and wanted to create a personal website. Well just incase it comes back up, I would appreciate it if you approve my order. Your Order Number is: 8039667301. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
EliteJay wrote: Down for a month now. I guess this means Hosterbox either doesn't know what's wrong or doesn't care (probably the latter). No problem short of the datacenter getting nuked should take >a month to fix.

I agree with you. It was a good deal and good service while it lasted. I have moved my websites from their storage for now.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
Mr_A wrote: I agree with you. It was a good deal and good service while it lasted. I have moved my websites from their storage for now.
I may have to do that in the new year.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
lol just got an email indicating that I need to update some scripts but how can I do that when the Spock server is down?

I also moved my site elsewhere for now since it's taken HosterBox too long to fix whatever issues they were having with these free RFD servers...
Mar 24, 2011
180 posts
266 upvotes
Mine's been inaccessible for quite a while. I finally set up a home server and requested an account cancellation. Thanks for the free hosting! I learned a lot. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
diav wrote: lol just got an email indicating that I need to update some scripts but how can I do that when the Spock server is down?

I also moved my site elsewhere for now since it's taken HosterBox too long to fix whatever issues they were having with these free RFD servers...
i think it is officially dead now.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1131 posts
927 upvotes
These guys are starting to really irritate me.

I have 2 paid domains and business class hosting with them and it has gone down hill for the last 2-3 years. The support guys take forever to respond to tickets and service has been up and down last year.
Dec 27, 2010
780 posts
142 upvotes
desolatioN wrote: These guys are starting to really irritate me.

I have 2 paid domains and business class hosting with them and it has gone down hill for the last 2-3 years. The support guys take forever to respond to tickets and service has been up and down last year.
Can you PM me your ticket number? I'll take a look at everything, customer experience is very important to us and I would love to hear some of your feedback and I'm sure we can make things up to you.

Matt

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)