• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 4:58 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1382 upvotes
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 1:50 pm
Can someone help me by telling me why I would choose this host over the other "free" hosting site listed on RFD?
Well the other free hosting is blocking @me, @hotmail and a few other providers, so if you want to have an email with @yourdomain, you will not be able to reply to them. Not sure about this one, but if they don't block any email hosts then I would already go with this. Also, this is 3GB vs only 250mb of traffic.
Jul 29, 2007
93 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Messerschmitt wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:26 am
Well the other free hosting is blocking @me, @hotmail and a few other providers, so if you want to have an email with @yourdomain, you will not be able to reply to them. Not sure about this one, but if they don't block any email hosts then I would already go with this. Also, this is 3GB vs only 250mb of traffic.
does that mean nobody with a hotmail account could email me through my @mydomain.com email?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1382 upvotes
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 1:42 pm
does that mean nobody with a hotmail account could email me through my @mydomain.com email?
I was receiving the emails from them but I couldn't reply to them or send emails (I would get message undelivered error coming back, saying that the provider blocked those domains).

Stopped using the service because of that. I would've tried this service too if I wouldn't found out that my dads business web hosting included a free domain addon, so I just jumped on his provider for my stuff. But 3GB vs only 250mb bandwidth allowance is a significant difference, especially for a free service.
[OP]
May 14, 2012
343 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
Typically a host don't block email providers. Chances are the server's IP got blacklisted for spamming.
Messerschmitt wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:26 am
77_Bus_Girl wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 1:42 pm
Directhosting Web Hosting
BigNames Domain Registration
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1382 upvotes
DirectHostingCanada wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 9:33 am
Typically a host don't block email providers. Chances are the server's IP got blacklisted for spamming.
Yea I think that's what it was, hotmail, me, etc were blacklisted. He said it was only for the free offer, the paid plan wouldn't have this limitation.

Do you blacklist any email servers?
[OP]
May 14, 2012
343 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
We don't blacklist any email server nor our IPs are on any blacklists.
Messerschmitt wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 10:06 am
Yea I think that's what it was, hotmail, me, etc were blacklisted. He said it was only for the free offer, the paid plan wouldn't have this limitation.

Do you blacklist any email servers?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1382 upvotes
Feb 19th, 2017 1:32 pm
Cool. I'm going to give this a shot. I also like that you are responding faster than the other offer.

Your Order Number is: 8385959211
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7683 posts
1382 upvotes
Feb 19th, 2017 1:32 pm
My plan now says cancelled. Any reason why the application was rejected? No longer offering this?
[OP]
May 14, 2012
343 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
Messerschmitt wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 11:56 pm
My plan now says cancelled. Any reason why the application was rejected? No longer offering this?
It's the same reason why we didn't process/response to other orders. You didn't complete all the steps listed in the initial post.
[OP]
May 14, 2012
343 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
Enjoy
srg83 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 11:46 am
Please activate my order! I am pretty sure I followed all of the steps :)

Edit: Oops. I entered the wrong number on the facebook page...fixing that now!
Oct 27, 2010
2 posts
Ontario
Hi,

Just out of curiousity, what are the features/restrictions on email (free and paid)? Does the email storage count against the global quota? What's the largest attachment size? etc.

Thanks.
[OP]
May 14, 2012
343 posts
67 upvotes
MARKHAM
Free hosting have a limit of 10 outgoing email per hour vs paid hosting at 100 per hour

Yes the email count against the account diskspace (global quota)

The attachment size limit is 10MB vs 25MB.
Sleeping eye wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:16 pm
Hi,

Just out of curiousity, what are the features/restrictions on email (free and paid)? Does the email storage count against the global quota? What's the largest attachment size? etc.

Thanks.