Free Cheese Board with purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 12:46 am
Jun 8, 2007
909 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
Grocery store works.

Keep in mind the large bricks of cheese (400-500 grams) don't have the label. PC, Black Diamond, Kraft, No Name, etc - none of the big blocks (cheddar, mozza, havarti, gouda, etc.) had the required labels.

The ones that do were found in the specialty cheese/meat section of the store. The smaller 150-400g cheese did. Basically, they offer the cheese board if you purchase the more expensive cheeses. Best I was able to do was $4 per 200g for different varieties of PC-brand stuff (again, not the big blocks where most would buy cheese at a good price)

Fingers crossed this comes in - cheese was 50% more expensive, but $8 for the board is worth it, IMO.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1983 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Very nice looking board -- I'll look out for the logos. I was planning a wine and cheese leading up to xmas anyways.
Oct 26, 2010
845 posts
1067 upvotes
Can I buy cottage cheese tubs that has the label on it? I mean ... is cottage cheese part of this cheese promotion?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7128 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Good cheese is worth the money but Im not an expert on cheese. I was looking at cheeses that have this logo in grocery stores usually I can find one maybe two I'd buy. A sample would change my mind which packaged cheese doesn't offer

I don't mind supporting good local cheese producers but this seems like a big box grocery store promo.

Havnt been at my local cheese shop in a while to keep the calories down reading the rules doesn't look like this deal would apply to smaller cheese shops that enjoy handing out samples
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7017 posts
169 upvotes
New Westminster
Nice. Sound like a fun weekend job.
insert witty comment
Nov 3, 2016
67 posts
47 upvotes
I went to Metro and noticed the Irresistibles line have the logos. I picked up two types of cheddar, a wedge of brie, and camembert. Submitted the photos on Friday night and got an email Sunday morning that they'd been verified.

Thanks OP! I don't need a cheeseboard but this will make a fun gift.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1574 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
secretliar wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 10:49 am
Thanks! Too bad Qc is excluded :(
The best cheeses are made in Quebec...
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Dec 18, 2012
25 posts
6 upvotes
North York
Got the cheeseboard. It's not as big as I expected, but still a cool little novelty item. We eat a lot of cheese anyway, so we just had to find some Canadian made ones.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
20 posts
78 upvotes
musicmastomagic wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:43 pm
Any suggestions where to get the qualified cheese?
Lots to choose from the Deli section of grocery stores, even at Superstore. You can even buy sliced cheeses for sandwiches, etc. like I did, if you aren't into the whole fancy cheese thing.
Adelie wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:45 am
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Not that I need more stuff but I thought the board was too cute to pass up too!

cheers,
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1427 posts
655 upvotes
Adelie wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:45 am
I went to Metro and noticed the Irresistibles line have the logos. I picked up two types of cheddar, a wedge of brie, and camembert. Submitted the photos on Friday night and got an email Sunday morning that they'd been verified.

how much did that cheese cost you?
Sep 19, 2012
56 posts
10 upvotes
ELMIRA
Make sure you buy all 4 cheeses in ONE transaction, and keep a receipt.

You need a picture of the receipt and a picture of all 4 cheeses together with logos visible.

I tried to buy one or two here and there and then finally read the rules and now I gotta go out and get another 4 cheese products.
Jun 17, 2013
297 posts
65 upvotes
Can you buy 4 of the same kind of cheese as long as it has the logo?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1060 posts
148 upvotes
Markham
sssscary2 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:17 am
Can you buy 4 of the same kind of cheese as long as it has the logo?
not a problem, just need to be 4 items with the logos
Nov 30, 2006
629 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is so good I camembert it.