Personal Finance

Free chequing account with free e-transfer?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 1:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
5641 posts
2244 upvotes
Kingston, ON
jdu0ng wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:34 am
From here:
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... nsfer.html

Looks like even regular chq accounts have $1.50 fee. Not sure if ULOC applies or not. Has anyone actually tried and can confirm?
All but the base chequing account now offer free e-Transfers:
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... ounts.html

There's a long-running thread here somewhere on "LOCs as chequing accounts" (or similar) where people with CIBC LOCs have confirmed no e-Transfer fee.
May 16, 2017
713 posts
692 upvotes
Alivenate wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:41 pm
Coast Capital Credit Union in BC still charges $1.50 per Interac transfer. They offer a free unlimited transactions chequing account but the $1.50 Interac transfer fee stings
One reason I switched to Envision Financial when I moved out of Richmond - free chequing account with free Interac e-transfer and they also support me-to-me transfer (but there is a $1 charge to send with that).
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1086 posts
528 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:34 am
From here:
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... nsfer.html

Looks like even regular chq accounts have $1.50 fee. Not sure if ULOC applies or not. Has anyone actually tried and can confirm?
I don't have a chequing account with CIBC as the LOC acts exactly like a chequing account . etransfers have been free since it was pre-approval a couple years ago
Last edited by User455957 on Jan 9th, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1003 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
robsaw wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:04 pm
One reason I switched to Envision Financial when I moved out of Richmond - free chequing account with free Interac e-transfer and they also support me-to-me transfer (but there is a $1 charge to send with that).
I'm somewhat fortunate that I don't have to depend on Interac transfers consistently (use it maybe once a month?) to have to worry about that. Also, what's me-to-me transfer? Transferring between your chequing and savings account with Envision?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1086 posts
528 upvotes
Alivenate wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:56 pm
I'm somewhat fortunate that I don't have to depend on Interac transfers consistently (use it maybe once a month?) to have to worry about that. Also, what's me-to-me transfer? Transferring between your chequing and savings account with Envision?
kinda sounds like sending a etransfer to yourself, but probably takes longer
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
robsaw wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:04 pm
Envision also has the worst customer service. they refused opening acct for me.
Alivenate wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:56 pm
it's like bank-to-bank transfer.
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.