Expired Hot Deals

Free CrashPlan Family Unlimited subscription for 1 year (via SharewareonSale)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2015 1:36 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11929 posts
3876 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Free CrashPlan Family Unlimited subscription for 1 year (via SharewareonSale)

Deal Link:
Savings:
100% off
Expiry:
January 12, 2015
Woke up this morning and saw this deal listed on SharewareonSale daily deals. Not sure if there's any catch but if there isn't then it's a pretty good deal for 1 year of CrashPlan Family Unlimited subscription.

http://sharewareonsale.com/s/crashplan- ... oupon-sale

You may need to indicate you're a resident of the U.S. to qualify for the deal (see eligibility in the rules):

http://essentials.code42.com/2014_12_29 ... Rules.html
26 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11929 posts
3876 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes, Code42 is quite reputable.

After the 1-year of cloud backup, if you opt not to continue, you can still use their software for free to backup to a local external hard drive, or an off-site computer (ie friend/family).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11929 posts
3876 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Stewx wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 9:40 am
Is the site reputable?
Oh, and if you're asking if SharewareonSale is reputable, I've gotten various free deals from that website and I haven't had any issues with them. You don't need to give any credit card info for this deal. Just your email address. The actual registration of the deal is through Code42.

I believe this deal expires January 12, 2015.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5107 posts
566 upvotes
in a plane
rvs007 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 9:55 am
Here are the official rules.

http://essentials.code42.com/2014_12_29 ... Rules.html

It seems like you may need to indicate you're a resident of the U.S. (see eligibility), so pick U.S. just to make sure you qualify.
Wonder if this can be tacked on to an existing subscription OR if it can be downgraded to individual later?
Doko ni itemo... hito wa tsunagatte iru.
  • Get an Amex - get lots of points - get good karma! :)
  • wandering amphibia – a travel blog for the non-frequent traveler
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11929 posts
3876 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure if this can be applied to an existing subscription but I'm sure it can be downgraded to another subscription, or to free after the 1 year is up. You just need to switch before 1 year so you don't get charged for the following year.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1897 posts
205 upvotes
Thanks OP. Registered and they will send the code in Mid Jan.
Apr 3, 2007
111 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Pseudo Nim wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 9:59 am
Wonder if this can be tacked on to an existing subscription OR if it can be downgraded to individual later?
I think so. I still have a few years left on my family plan and they still sent me the invitation. After going through the steps, they sent me a follow-up email that they'd contact me mid-Jan with the details.
I think it's another marketing play in their desire to enter the enterprise market for file sync, not only backup.
Apart from the fact that their client is Java-based and for large backup sets easily eats 8GB+ RAM, I love the service... and I still hope that after 2+ years of development, 2015 will be the year of the small, native backup app :)
Mar 26, 2008
193 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, Signed up. Will see if anything comes. I just signed up for the 1 year single on black friday...
Jan 8, 2006
815 posts
168 upvotes
is this deal dead? Looking at the plans available and there are no free promos today.

EDIT: Figured it out. Need to click through the download link and then there's an offer link there that lets you fill out a form to receive your promotion later. Guess we'll see what happens.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11929 posts
3876 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jamex wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 2:20 pm
is this deal dead? Looking at the plans available and there are no free promos today.
Did you click on the SharewareonSale link in the first post?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3954 posts
593 upvotes
Lincoln, Ontario
Thanked. Gonna try it out.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1210 posts
228 upvotes
Pretty sweet. Have about 5TB to backup. Lets see if this works lol. Can never have too many backups.