*note: you may want to read throughout this post for a number of free options before getitng started with a guide
Receiving Calls via VoIP on your regular PSTN Phone: People from around the world call a number local to them, then enter an extension when prompted which in turn rings your CellPhone or HomePhone.
There are now 4 options, all of which achieve similar results, but at different costs and qualities:
1. Receive Calls from Around the World through a local number: VoXalot, MySipSwitch,PhoneGnome (Cost: Free)
2. Receive Calls from Around the World through a local number: VoXalot, PBXes, TPad, MySipSwitch, PhoneGnome (Cost: Free)
3. Receive Calls from Around the World through a local number: VoXalot & PhoneGnome (Cost: $15 after July 16th)
4.Receive Calls from Around the World through a local number: PhoneGnome and GTalk2Voip (Cost: Free)
5.Receive Calls from Around the World through a local number: PhoneGnome, VoXalot, PBXes.com (Cost: Free)
There is two things two consider with each setup (in my opinion), reliability and voice quality.
This remains my opinion, but the paid VoXalot option (3) produces best results with both, unfortunately it is no longer free. The next best one is the current number (1), quality is rather good, and it is free.
Note: With changes especially at PhoneGnome the guides above remain only as a proof-of-concept, you'll need to use your own provider to replace PhoneGnome in most cases, and may meet slight differences (due to changes in the look-and-feel) at VoXalot and MySipSwitch (now SipSorcery)
Making VoIP Calls from your regular PSTN Phone
1. To call any Voip User for which you have a Network Number (eg. a Gizmo/FWD/VoXalot/CallCentric number etc..):
-Dial SipBroker Access Number local to you (http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers)
-When prompted enter *SipCode (find here http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/acti ... WhitePages) followed by the network number. eg.*747-1747xxxxxxx
2. To Call an ENum number or a Toll-Free number (a Toll Free number not reachable from your location normally)
-Dial SipBroker Access Number local to you
-When prompted enter the full number in Country Code-Number format for an ENum call (you can also use *013-Country Code-Number)
-For North American Toll-Free Numbers simply call in *1-800-xxx-xxxx format
-All other Toll Free Numbers, including NA Toll Free numbers can also be called in CountryCode-Number format
What numbers can I call for free via ENum: Any number that has an associated ENum record, search here: http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/enumLookup
3. VoIP CallThru: Make Calls via your favorite VoIP(SIP) Provider(s) using a local access number around the world
4. VoIP CallBack: Use your favourite VoIP providers from anywhere in the world with CallBack Service
Note: With LiberaIlVoip blocking VoXalot and PBXes, the best solution is to use SipSorcery as the new middleman. Don't forget to setup a dialplan in SipSorcery to route outgoing calls.
5. VoIP CallBack: Software based CallBack (15 day Free trial, Cheap one time license)
1. Receive Sip Calls in Skype: http://www.scopezoom.com/guide9.htm
2. Use Skype Remotely from your Mobile/Landline: http://www.scopezoom.com/guide10.htm