• Jun 10th, 2016 6:42 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2005
678 posts
67 upvotes
Brampton (GTA)
mikesxf wrote: How did you do it?
Assuming you've setup a voip.ms acct. and have a DID to manage, log into the customer portal:

DID Numbers > SIP URI's
Create new SIP URI. Click on Create
DID Numbers > Manage DIDs
Edit DID > Routing
Select the created SIP URI from the dropdown
Apply changes
Oct 3, 2007
439 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
Does freephoneline have sip, so I can use it on other mobile phone?

Usually how much data per minute?

thanks.
Jul 7, 2006
212 posts
26 upvotes
Yes they have SIP, but you will have to pay $99 one-time for SIP access. You will also have to pay data airtime on your cell phone, unless you are using a WIFI hotspot.

You can forward the calls to your cell phone without SIP access. Then you pay the cell phone airtime (worth your while if you have an evenings/weekends plan or something similar).
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3527 posts
519 upvotes
Markham
Can FreePhoneLine.ca be setup for outgoing calls without registering? Like when setting it up under a basic voxalot account or on the LinKSys SPA3102 as a gateway?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
The admin on FPL had informed me that There will be a "paypal" like option coming soon to pay instead of your Credit card.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3527 posts
519 upvotes
Markham
I recently got a GoogleVoice account and using that through an ipkall number, you can get completely free calls to anywhere in North America. The only bad part is that your Caller ID is going to show a US number to the person you're calling.

For your cell phone, you can setup your ipkall number to forward to voip.ms or freephoneline (I'm not sure if they accept sip forwarding) and then reforward that to your cell phone.

I have mine setup to sip forward to my voip.ms account first (voip.ms charges 1/10th cent/minute for this) and then to ATA and my cell phone (1/2 cent/min). So I have an effective rate of $0.0059/minute to anywhere in North America from my mobile.

There are other SIP providers that will give you completely free incoming sip transfers, but their outgoing rates for forwarding are higher than what voip.ms charges. So I went with voip.ms to keep the effective rate low. It's in USD, but it's still less than 1 cent/minute even if the CAD drops to 60 cents.

Once set up, to make a free call I just load up my GoogleVoice app or go to the web page and initiate a call. It will then call my US ipkall DID number which gets forwarded to my ATA or mobile, and then it connects me to my target phone number after I answer my phone.

So GoogleVoice {free} -> IPKALL {free} -> voip.ms {$0.001/min} -> ATA (and if I don't answer my ATA -> mobile {$0.0049/min})

If you don't want to forward to a mobile, you can get a Gizmo5 account and have GoogleVoice forward to that number and you connect to Gizmo5 with your ATA to get completely free calls (they don't charge for incoming sip calls).

I can't wait until GoogleVoice does directly forwarding to Canadian numbers (supposedly they already do it for area code 403/Calgary), then you wouldn't need this workaround at all.

Coincidentally, I have friends in Seattle that now has a local number they can call to reach me through IPKALL, and I picked a different area code for my GoogleVoice number so that people there can also call me for free.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1032 posts
36 upvotes
emoci wrote: From provider to VoXalot
From VoXalot to provider

-When calling out from VoXalot with FreePhoneLine, the recipient sees your FPL number but usually no name (I say usually because I have had at least 5 different occasions where the actual Name I have set on my PAP2 has been passed on in one of these calls ... but I can't seem to replicate this repeatedly)
hi emoci,

finally got fpl works with voxalot.

however, when I called out from fpl through voxalot, recipient didn't fpl number, nor cid
just "unknown unknown"

any thoughts?

Thanks,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
mikesxf wrote: hi emoci,

finally got fpl works with voxalot.

however, when I called out from fpl through voxalot, recipient didn't fpl number, nor cid
just "unknown unknown"

any thoughts?

Thanks,

My experience with FPL is that on both incoming and outgoing you only see the number ... usually not the name ...

I'd give it a second try and see how it goes ... I've tested both of my FPL accts. and it seems to be sending out the number ...

That said I have one PM that raises a similar issue about unknown CID ... (it could've been a one-off time-frame)
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
49 upvotes
ChampUz wrote: The admin on FPL had informed me that There will be a "paypal" like option coming soon to pay instead of your Credit card.
correct

"Paypal" Like is the keyword.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
Jul 14, 2009
58 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond
Ha. this one is not free, but does exactly the same thing for incoming and outgoing call for cell phone. It's called magic number www.magicnumber.ca, I guess it is not for so tek savvy person, and the service is in for Canada only.
Z
Oct 23, 2008
25 posts
Waterloo, Ontario
Hello,

I set up my SPA3102 to work with FPL for incoming and outgoing calls. It works just fine.

Unfortunately, I am not able to get FPL to work with my Voxalot paid account. More precisely, when I add my FPL to my Voxalot's 'Voice Service Provider List', I can not make either outgoing calls or receive incoming calls.

Was anyone able to set up FPL with Voxalot for out-going calls (via FPL)?

That should be FPL settings in Voxalot's 'Voice Service Provider' menu? Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
rybshik wrote: Hello,

I set up my SPA3102 to work with FPL for incoming and outgoing calls. It works just fine.

Unfortunately, I am not able to get FPL to work with my Voxalot paid account. More precisely, when I add my FPL to my Voxalot's 'Voice Service Provider List', I can not make either outgoing calls or receive incoming calls.

Was anyone able to set up FPL with Voxalot for out-going calls (via FPL)?

That should be FPL settings in Voxalot's 'Voice Service Provider' menu? Thanks.
This is what I'm using:

http://scopezoom.com/FPL.png

It's working without issues for outgoing (assuming you paid for the config file of course).

I have incoming for the same acct running through PBXes (just because that's how it fits in my setup) but I see no reason it should not work in VoXalot.
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1364 posts
130 upvotes
emoci,

A 1800 number calls me everyday how can I block it? I am using Linksys PAP2.

Thank you!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Star* wrote: emoci,

A 1800 number calls me everyday how can I block it? I am using Linksys PAP2.

Thank you!
Is it always the same number (by that I mean eg. 18002223333 or does the 2223333 part change)...

Depending on your provider the easiest way is to go under the User Tab, under the Selective Call Forward Settings ...

Set it such that whenever the number calls he's forwarded to
*266300@sipbroker.com ...that's the BlueFace server playing monkey sounds for test purposes :D
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Oct 23, 2008
25 posts
Waterloo, Ontario
emoci wrote: I have incoming for the same acct running through PBXes (just because that's how it fits in my setup) but I see no reason it should not work in VoXalot.
For incoming, is it port 5060 or 6060? Thanks!