Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free Digital Magazine Subs (for Zinio & other formats)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 7, 2012
242 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
malik1234 wrote: I got an email from Zinio with a $10 voucher until August 28th. I'm not sure if it's tied to my account or it's generic, but if anyone's interested PM me and I can share it as I'm not planning to use it. Thanks
I have another code, this time for $5. Please PM me. Last time it worked for the person who (first) PM'd me, so this one must be generic as well. Expires 9/30/2013 at 12 pm PST.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
for those who get zinio codes, have you ever paid money for subscriptions or issues? or are you like me, you've never paid a cent for the issues and subs you have.
Feb 26, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
I've paid a lot for mags.

Most of the time I try to keep it free or at least as low as possible. Have been using coupons to fill up on back issues too.

But sometimes I do use coupons as they're intended to: to get a discount on a subscription.
When a subscription is like 16 dollars, I don't mind paying 6 dollar after deducting a 10 dollar coupon.

Sometimes you have to show support to a platform. If no one's paying, Zinio wouldn't be succesful. And really... a few bucks won't hurt you that much. A lot of subscriptions are like 11 dollar. After deducting 10 dollars, it's only 1 dollar for 12 magazines.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
benpoepen wrote: I've paid a lot for mags.

Most of the time I try to keep it free or at least as low as possible. Have been using coupons to fill up on back issues too.

But sometimes I do use coupons as they're intended to: to get a discount on a subscription.
When a subscription is like 16 dollars, I don't mind paying 6 dollar after deducting a 10 dollar coupon.

Sometimes you have to show support to a platform. If no one's paying, Zinio wouldn't be succesful. And really... a few bucks won't hurt you that much. A lot of subscriptions are like 11 dollar. After deducting 10 dollars, it's only 1 dollar for 12 magazines.
Agreed. I've been sent about $250 in coupons, plus got another couple of $25 GCs for referrals, in addition to the various $25 deals that they've had. I've also spent a fair amount as well. I love using the GCs to get mags that I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise, like All About History & some cooking mags (AllRecipes just launched a magazine, which is a site that I often use for recipes). It's a great way to get more people the site/app, and given how cheap you can get some of the printed subs (as can be seen in the other mag thread), it often is fairly close in price once you factor GCs in.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24203 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote: Free issue of the first digital only PC World (although it didn't appear in my account - maybe it'll work for you) - https://ca.zinio.com/www/user/common/fr ... tId=509451
It should be there... Don't view by subscriptions...

Try this method, as it didn't show up in my account either...

When you log into your account, change the magazine viewing to "list view" (the icon with the horizontal lines)

Then change the "view all titles" to PC World, and they should appear.

After I switched back to "grid view" they were still there, so maybe all I had to do was change view all, to PC World.

[IMG]http://i1.minus.com/jnapCPIcp2BMC.png[/IMG]

I supposedly have a subscription to PC World already, because they cancelled the print edition, yet it doesn't show up in my account unless I view them as posted above!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
Thx IDStorms but it still didn't show up. My zinio account has always been a little screwy - I had to call them in the past to fix subs that weren't appearing, such as Hollywood Reporter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free 1 yr sub to Shape - http://jotformpro.com/form/32385933367968
Feb 26, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
Dunno what's happening, but I just received like 5 $5 vouchers. One after each other :) spent them all on back issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
i just received one, i feel as though i just got burned :D
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
benpoepen wrote: Dunno what's happening, but I just received like 5 $5 vouchers. One after each other :) spent them all on back issues.
Got one $5 coupon a few days ago, and got another 3 $5 off ones last night. Would love to get a $10 one.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York
peppy5 wrote: i just received one, i feel as though i just got burned :D
Same here. Only got one. Sucks to be us.
Nov 15, 2006
250 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
I got 3 x $5 as well...

By the way, can you stack or use all the credits in one purchase? or do i have to use $5 off each purchase?

i.e. If I want to buy a $12 magazine, can I use more than one $5 credit?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15718 posts
7437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bboard wrote: I got 3 x $5 as well...

By the way, can you stack or use all the credits in one purchase? or do i have to use $5 off each purchase?

i.e. If I want to buy a $12 magazine, can I use more than one $5 credit?
Sadly for these promotional codes, you can only use one per transaction. If you don't use it up, you can use the remaining balance for another transaction, but you cannot apply two promotional codes for one transaction.
Nov 15, 2006
250 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: Sadly for these promotional codes, you can only use one per transaction. If you don't use it up, you can use the remaining balance for another transaction, but you cannot apply two promotional codes for one transaction.
thanks rvs007
Feb 26, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
anyone know some 1 dollar back issues you can buy at zinio? It'd be a waste not to use all the remaining amount..
I've already bought all the pre-09 popular science back issues for 1 dollar each.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Mississauga library apparently has it too; I just checked out a few magazines.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24203 upvotes
Since these mags are not for Zinio, I posted them in the main freebies forum...

Free "Game Developer Magazine" - EVERY ISSUE 1994-2013 (PDF format)

Game Developer, an in-depth monthly magazine for exposing 'the art and business of video games',
was published by UBM Tech (which also runs Game Developers Conference and Gamasutra.com) from 1994 to 2013.

Following the magazine's closure in July 2013, we've compiled an archive and made them freely available here for all to enjoy.
(Also check out the Game Developer section on Gamasutra for some of the best reprinted articles from these issues.)

http://www.gdcvault.com/gdmag