• Nov 28th, 2008 11:31 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 16, 2008
26 posts
5 upvotes
toronto

[Pharma Plus] Free Flu Shots

Rexall Pharma Plus is having flu shot clinics across the country. The website for the locations, dates and times is http://www.rexall.ca/Promotions/shutout ... index.aspx

Don't forget to call and book an appointment.
52 replies
Nov 28, 2003
555 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't see on the website that it is a free event. Did I miss something? Or does Rexall offer flu shot for free all the time?
Dec 31, 1969
I am gambling this year and already passed on my free flu shot (I get them free directly from my doctor). I don't see myself doing them anymore...

This is a good deal for those in need though, thanks OP.
Apr 27, 2008
735 posts
167 upvotes
micromv wrote:
Nov 10th, 2008 9:57 pm
I don't see on the website that it is a free event. Did I miss something? Or does Rexall offer flu shot for free all the time?
Yeah, I went to the link, and it doesn't say anything about FREE flu shot.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
So you have to pay for flu shot now and that's why this is a good freebie? I always thought flu shot are free....
;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
Flu shots are free to anyone aged six months or older who lives, works or attends school in Ontario.
Banned
Feb 11, 2005
1828 posts
34 upvotes
VanCity
Got the flu shot free this year (know a doctor), gave me the flu.
Jul 4, 2007
135 posts
GTA
DVDManiac wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 3:45 am
Got the flu shot free this year (know a doctor), gave me the flu.
The flu shot can't give you the flu.

The flu shot is free in Ontario.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2008
26 posts
5 upvotes
toronto
canukeneh wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 12:23 am
Yeah, I went to the link, and it doesn't say anything about FREE flu shot.
The clinic is free. You do not need to pay for the Flu Shot in Ontario. I posted this as a way for people to find information on their closest Rexall location which was offering the clinic.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
12065 posts
1096 upvotes
flu shot CAN give you reactions like headache or fever because the shot is a weaken'ed and it is injected for the body to fight it so that you will be resistant to it...plus the shot is only for the last season's flu, not the current one...
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1551 posts
9446 upvotes
Thanks for posting the info.
BestOffer wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 3:04 pm
flu shot CAN give you reactions like headache or fever because the shot is a weaken'ed and it is injected for the body to fight it so that you will be resistant to it...plus the shot is only for the last season's flu, not the current one...
Fiction: I got the flu shot last year so I
LadyB
Live kidney donor needed. Please read info PM with any questions.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
ladyb wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 3:21 pm
Thanks for posting the info.

Fiction: I got the flu shot last year so I
Aug 22, 2003
15539 posts
960 upvotes
Niagara Falls
D-Roc wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 5:14 pm
About that "fact". It is not needed unless it is for the very young or very old with a deficient immune system already or are in regular contact with the aforementioned.
Corrected for you D-Roc. ;) Hubby and I and our 3 kids all get flu shots annually. Our middle son has asthma so he's at risk. My inlaws have fairly serious chronic respiratory conditions and one is on oxygen 24/7 so it's really important that we don't get or pass the flu on to one of them.

Great thread OP, I want to thank you because this thread made me go and check when our local health dept has scheduled the flu shot clinics for my city. It's tomorrow. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for the post, OP. and yes, you do have to get a flu shot every year, because each year is different. ladyb's post says it all.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
7982 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
I go to the gym almost daily...I'd rather have my shot yearly than not. It's probably saved me getting sick.

Anyone confirm that you need an appointment?
× < >