Tags:
[OP]
Nov 9, 2007
317 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough

[Walmart] FREE- 'forever sharp' paring knife Walmart-Markham

don't kill me if this is a repost.

Was at Markham Rd./ Steeles ave Walmart (GTA) today and they announced on the PA system they were giving out free knives to everyone. Basically, another one of those things where u have to stand and watch the guy do his promotion for bout 10 mins, u get a $5 value, "forever sharp" knife.

Not sure if its going on all Weekend, (he wouldn't tell me since I didn't buy his knives)...

But if u're at that Walmart anyway, check it out, or ask about it.

I got 2 with my gf.
and yes, even tho I"m a chef and i know they suck, it'll be good for steak or something hahaha j/k
12 replies
[OP]
Nov 9, 2007
317 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
oh btw, he was also offering "special pricing" for the set of:

3 forever sharp chef knives
1 filet knife
2 paring knives
2 juicer thingys
1 scissors

for $29.97, so.. if u ever wanted to buy it off TV, u save on the shipping?

Not sure if this is a deal... maybe to some.

I've hated TV knives ever since i bought my "showtime" set...
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16130 posts
357 upvotes
Etobicoke
Yeah, I saw one of those at my Walmart a while back. You have to sit and watch some silly demonstration of the knife, as well as a number of other products they try to sell you, before you get the free knife. Wasn't worth my time, but that's just me.
Nov 28, 2007
25 posts
1 upvote
FYI all these sorts of TV knives are crap (as the OP has experienced). A mid-range set of non-serrated knives that are taken care of will last much longer (and perform much better!)
Mar 18, 2009
16 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
eatongirl wrote:
Apr 19th, 2009 1:05 am
FYI all these sorts of TV knives are crap (as the OP has experienced). A mid-range set of non-serrated knives that are taken care of will last much longer (and perform much better!)

Agreed. If you really like cooking, go buy something in better quality and it will last much longer.
May 15, 2006
520 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
It doesn't stay sharp. And it will cost you to get teh free replacement. End result ... a free knife. Only cost you time.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4468 posts
69 upvotes
London
The paring knife is nothing special, but it's well worth the 10 minutes.

Somehow I have two...although I don't remember how I got the second one. I've had them for ages and they get the job done, although I'm not doing intricate fruit-sculpting or anything.
Dec 30, 1969
2 posts
Toronto, ON
The sharpness of these knives stays for a longer duration. Therefore, you need not worry to sharpen it all the time.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1680 posts
411 upvotes
it almost the same as dollarama
Mar 21, 2006
477 posts
55 upvotes
Thornhill
And just why did a 5 year old thread get revived?
Dolfan
- The opinions stated above are mine personally and don't necessarily represent my employer in any way, shape or form.

Active BST Postings: None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6232 posts
1214 upvotes
Scarborough
RockyMark wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2014 6:41 am
This particular paring knife has approximate width of 3 inches and height of 1 inches and the weight of 0.2 pounds. The sharpness of this particular knife stays for a longer duration, it can be sharpen after a long duration
where will you be holding your next demonstration so i can get my free knife?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2591 posts
445 upvotes
dolfan-neil wrote:
Dec 4th, 2014 10:21 am
and just why did a 5 year old thread get revived?
where will you be holding your next demonstration so i can get my free knife?
lol ........ :lol:
× < >