• Oct 19th, 2010 3:37 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 2, 2010
768 posts
5182 upvotes
Mississauga

Free Globe and Mail subscription - expires Oct 31

Macquarie offers financial solutions with a global perspective. Now we also offer The Globe. Activate your 90-day Monday to Saturday subscription* compliments of Macquarie Canada.

* The 90 day subscription period represents 78 publishing days over a 13 week period from start date. This offer is available to new subscribers in selected areas only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not transferable. Valid for new subscribers only - limit one per household. No cash value. Offer expires October 31, 2010.

https://customer.globeandmail.ca/HD/Sta ... ode=MQHK10
20 replies
Jul 22, 2006
204 posts
56 upvotes
Just a heads up to anyone taking advantage of this offer. The Globe and Mail changed where their papers are printed (along with a change in the paper itself) on October 1st and have had production and delivery problems since the first day of the change. Since that day, I have not received a paper on time and a couple of days a paper never even showed up. I am on a free subscription right now and have voiced my displeasure with the change and they have no estimated time as to when they hope to have things back to "normal".
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2078 posts
293 upvotes
Not to quibble with the previous poster, but since the change, I have noticed no change in my (free) service.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
no delay for me either; like the new look, online and paper wise too... :)
Jul 22, 2006
204 posts
56 upvotes
I'm glad that the previous posters didn't notice a change. The change has been noticed for Winnipeg customers because they moved the printing of the paper for Manitoba/Saskatchewan to Estevan, Saskatchewan from Brandon, Manitoba. I wish I didn't have any problems, but I have not received a paper on time from day one of the new changes and didn't receive a paper for a couple of days with the explanation that they were short of delivery people. They even sent me a letter explaining the new changes and asking to be patient. They extended my free subscription for two weeks because of the massive screwups.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1190 posts
299 upvotes
canlabman wrote:
Oct 10th, 2010 10:04 pm
I'm glad that the previous posters didn't notice a change. The change has been noticed for Winnipeg customers because they moved the printing of the paper for Manitoba/Saskatchewan to Estevan, Saskatchewan from Brandon, Manitoba. I wish I didn't have any problems, but I have not received a paper on time from day one of the new changes and didn't receive a paper for a couple of days with the explanation that they were short of delivery people. They even sent me a letter explaining the new changes and asking to be patient. They extended my free subscription for two weeks because of the massive screwups.

+1
Sep 5, 2010
121 posts
139 upvotes
Signed up yesterday. Received my first paper this morning. WOW!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible
does, the subscription run out automatically?
I noticed I didn't have to give any credit card information.

so I guess there is no auto renewal?
Jul 7, 2008
391 posts
49 upvotes
the real question is....IS THIS STACKABLE....
With no power comes no responsibility
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
9251 posts
2393 upvotes
Toronto
Canuckerr wrote:
Oct 11th, 2010 12:00 pm
does, the subscription run out automatically?
I noticed I didn't have to give any credit card information.

so I guess there is no auto renewal?

I bet we'll be getting many calls once our free delivery runs out.
2016 Wins: Sweet F**k all.

Laird of Glencoe and Lochaber
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1345 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
My McD free 90days just finished and I miss the Globe and Mail.

Hopefully this free subscription works :)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1089 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa
*shakes fist*
Sorry, but this promotion is not available in your delivery area.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible
Awesome!
I just received my first one today!

I live in an apartment so it's nice they take the time to deliver to apartments!

Thanks OP!
× < >