Shopping Discussion

free iPod Shuffle deal not honoured - help?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2009 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 12, 2008
195 posts

free iPod Shuffle deal not honoured - help?

I bought a subscription through a website for audible.com. The offer included an iPod shuffle. But now this 'great' Canadian website won't honour that offer, saying that it was an old offer, and they've now removed it.

Any advice on getting them to honour the deal I clicked-through on?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11583 posts
2983 upvotes
GTA
Have you any proof that's why you signed up, i.e. screenshots/emails etc?

If not, then you could try a letter to the person in charge, not just customer service, outlining your story, wit
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6156 posts
876 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hmm should have read the fine print before signing up. All offers should have an expiry date, as well as valid locations and all that legal stuff.

Your only recourse is to try to get your money back. They do have the free trial offer for a free audio book when you sign up, so if you explain yourself well enough they should cut you some slack. From what I understand they provide pretty good service.

AFAIK Audible.com was never a Canadian company, not that it matters.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1708 posts
743 upvotes
Troi wrote:
Nov 11th, 2009 8:54 am
I bought a subscription through a website for audible.com. The offer included an iPod shuffle. But now this 'great' Canadian website won't honour that offer, saying that it was an old offer, and they've now removed it.

Any advice on getting them to honour the deal I clicked-through on?
Um when did you purchase this?
A search on the net shows the "free ipod" etc
But the dates are 2005

see CNET POSTING here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6333644-1.html

I also found THIS:
Join AudibleListener for 6 months and get a complimentary Apple iPod Shuffle. Audible.com Online Deals. Get ANY audiobook FREE when you join Audible Listener ... Family Christian Book Store Coupon Code: 1256776. Expires on Nov 12, 2009. .....VERY INTERESTING......mmmmmmm :confused: