• Sep 29th, 2016 11:47 pm
Aug 19, 2012
179 posts
126 upvotes
RICHMOND
Jan 12, 2008
266 posts
138 upvotes
I just got back from Vegas. I redeemed 3 rewards and all were easy. I suggest using the $50 Monte Carlo credit some place other than the cafe. The caesar salad and hot wings were good but the entrees we had, though giant, weren't very good. My husband ordered "slow roasted prime rib" that he thought they might have cooked in the microwave. I had the chicken parmesan which was edible but the spaghetti sauce was likely from a jar and not good.

The Border Grill brunch was okay I guess. My husband wasn't all that impressed either and said he was glad it was free. We don't drink alcohol much so they were nice enough to give us strawberry lemonade instead of the mimosas.

The Steakhouse at Camelot was the highlight. Since we don't drink, we had way too much money to spend there and were stuffed. I definitely recommend the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer. Their steak was awesome though we found it strange that they don't use any seasoning on it, so after adding some salt, it was good to go and cooked perfectly. We shared a side of mashed potatoes which was huge and yummy. We barely ate a third. The waiter was nice and wrapped up dessert to go for us to have back at the hotel. The desserts looked awesome but weren't all that amazing unfortunately. Next time, I'll save room for the creme brullee to eat at the restaurant. So for $150.00, we got 1-shrimp app (3 GIANT shrimp) to share, 1-caesar salad, 1-tomato and mozzarella salad, 1-16 oz new york strip, 1-20 oz ribeye, 1- side of mashed potatoes, 2-slices of red velvet cake, 1-slice of some sort of heavy choc cake that looked yummy but wasn't all that great, fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries), and 2-cokes. The total was $150.26. Staff were very friendly. I'd recommend reservations but if you came before 6 you might get in without.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1820 posts
120 upvotes
Use the 50 dollar Monte Carlo credit at Andres, it will cover a good portion of your awesome meal :)
Aug 19, 2012
179 posts
126 upvotes
RICHMOND
Jul 20, 2007
18 posts
42 upvotes
Aug 2, 2006
19 posts
17 upvotes
Jan 14, 2013
54 posts
98 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Nov 18, 2004
214 posts
26 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Guys, I need some advice. my goal is trying to get 2 nites at Mirage. Currently I do have more than 100k LP but I am short of level to claim it. (at 72 now, needs level 90)
I am less than a month away from my flying date and so I am pretty tight in reaching 90. (I think I can barely do it about 1 week before flying date)

I tried calling Myvegas to see availability of Mirage at nites I wanted and already one of the nite is full booked for allotment of rooms for Myvegas redemption.

Should I just settle for Circus Circus or maybe should I go for NYNY instead of Mirage?

Has anyone seen Myvegas open up more rooms for redemption as it gets nearer to the date?

Thannks.
Aug 19, 2012
179 posts
126 upvotes
RICHMOND
Apr 15, 2010
60 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
korjae wrote:
May 4th, 2013 11:45 am
Guys, I need some advice. my goal is trying to get 2 nites at Mirage. Currently I do have more than 100k LP but I am short of level to claim it. (at 72 now, needs level 90)
I am less than a month away from my flying date and so I am pretty tight in reaching 90. (I think I can barely do it about 1 week before flying date)

I tried calling Myvegas to see availability of Mirage at nites I wanted and already one of the nite is full booked for allotment of rooms for Myvegas redemption.

Should I just settle for Circus Circus or maybe should I go for NYNY instead of Mirage?

Has anyone seen Myvegas open up more rooms for redemption as it gets nearer to the date?

Thannks.
Circus Circus is complete trash, for location and quality of the hotel (it feels incredibly cheap and crappy).
× < >