Freebies

Free Magazine Subscriptions

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:11 pm
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
IDStorms wrote: Yeah, I was just checking that as well, so I think Mercury Mags got something wrong. (maybe it's more than a 1 year sub)
Good news everyone! I kept logging in every few days since Feb 1st, and I couldn't see my account number. I called (not sure if we can post phone numbers here? If so, someone let me know and I can share it).
I was able to get my account number, change my address, and confirm that the subscription is now for 52 weeks!

Thanks again @IDStorms
Dec 23, 2020
96 posts
44 upvotes
if we live in Canada, how do we get approved for the free magazines if they require you to live in the USA?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
blueoceanwow wrote: if we live in Canada, how do we get approved for the free magazines if they require you to live in the USA?
I have the following info in the Free Mag FAQ that is linked in my signature when I post:

Q. So how do I get free US magazine subscriptions and have them delivered to my Canadian address?

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Find a USA address to use, it has to be a real (valid) American address and write it down so you remember it You can use a business, a hotel etc. I try to pick ones that are easy to type and remember.
2. Sign up for a magazine with that US address as your shipping address.
3. Wait 2-6 weeks. Note: The mag publisher will not email you about your new subscription/account number.
They will just start mailing the latest edition of the mag to the US address
4. Logon to the magazine's customer services/support page with your US address and/or email.
If your account doesn't show up yet, wait another week or two.
Once you are able to logon, change your 'USA' address to your Canadian address.
5. Wait for your first issue to arrive in the mail and enjoy your free magazines!

I would add - if you can't logon to the magazine's customer services/support page, then you could call their 1-800 number to ask if they have the account for your name and USA address.
Any questions, just post....
Dec 23, 2020
96 posts
44 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote: I have the following info in the Free Mag FAQ that is linked in my signature when I post:

Q. So how do I get free US magazine subscriptions and have them delivered to my Canadian address?

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Find a USA address to use, it has to be a real (valid) American address and write it down so you remember it You can use a business, a hotel etc. I try to pick ones that are easy to type and remember.
2. Sign up for a magazine with that US address as your shipping address.
3. Wait 2-6 weeks. Note: The mag publisher will not email you about your new subscription/account number.
They will just start mailing the latest edition of the mag to the US address
4. Logon to the magazine's customer services/support page with your US address and/or email.
If your account doesn't show up yet, wait another week or two.
Once you are able to logon, change your 'USA' address to your Canadian address.
5. Wait for your first issue to arrive in the mail and enjoy your free magazines!

I would add - if you can't logon to the magazine's customer services/support page, then you could call their 1-800 number to ask if they have the account for your name and USA address.
Any questions, just post....

Thank you, When you're applying for 2 different magazines, or example, GQ and Womens First magazine, Should you be putting in different emails, company info, addresses or can you use all the same application info for both magazine companies. Will it trigger any fraud detection when you later change both magazines addresses to your Canadian one? Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
blueoceanwow wrote: Thank you, When you're applying for 2 different magazines, or example, GQ and Womens First magazine, Should you be putting in different emails, company info, addresses or can you use all the same application info for both magazine companies.
No you don’t have to worry about that.

Just think of it like you’re moving from USA to Canada after subscribing to the magazines.

If the magazines were from the same publisher you could potentially logon to one website/account and change the address to both.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11897 posts
24207 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Don't recall ever seeing this one before...

1-Year Subscription to First for Women Magazine

https://cdn.mercurymagazines.com/121-12 ... index.html

***This is a weekly magazine (52 issues per year) so it won't last long***

pathfinder35 wrote: Just to clarify - from what I read, First for Women is published every 3 weeks - 17 issues a year. It's a unique schedule,...

Thanks for posting the link, IDStorms.
abuela wrote: Thank you. So it's not 52 issues/year, but 17/year?
IDStorms wrote: When I checked out, it said 52 issues and it's a $90 value, so I'm not sure anymore.
pathfinder35 wrote: I didn’t sub - I read 17 issues in their FAQ - https://ffw.pcdfusion.com/pcd/Order?pId=7377
IDStorms wrote: Yeah, I was just checking that as well, so I think Mercury Mags got something wrong. (maybe it's more than a 1 year sub)
And the winner is.... 52 Issues!

This explains the discrepancy:

Mar 7, 2006
525 posts
280 upvotes
If anyone is interested in Elle magazine, you can go to ellecanada.com/subscribe and use the promo code 1YEARFREE for a free year. As long as you unsubscribe before the year ends, you won't be charged. Got this with my latest magazine.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Dec 23, 2020
96 posts
44 upvotes
ghu wrote: If anyone is interested in Elle magazine, you can go to ellecanada.com/subscribe and use the promo code 1YEARFREE for a free year. As long as you unsubscribe before the year ends, you won't be charged. Got this with my latest magazine.
We need to cancel by dec 2024 or from the time we sign up which is next year feb/march 2025?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

blueoceanwow