• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 4:17 pm
Sep 2, 2010
785 posts
5294 upvotes
Mississauga
pathfinder35 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 10:18 pm
Hey Buffy - nice to hear from you! Doing well - hope you are too!
I receive the US edition of RD because my sister in law in the US didn't want it anymore so I know I changed the address.
What error are you getting? Did you try the trick of putting the postal code in the zipcode field as well as the postal code field?
I just logged in and fake changed it to my address (with pc in the zip code field) and it took it with no errors.

Do you need any shutterfly 8*8 photobook codes? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Shutterfly changed their ways, it's so expensive now! I had to break my shutterfly habit, no more freebies for me when it's $15+ to ship anything to Canada from them! So so sad about that!!

Yes I tried every trick I can think of to flip the address myself. I put my postal code in both US and Canadian fields, then in just the US zip field or in just the Canada postal code field. I tried delaying the flip date, tried a brand new Canadian address. I keep getting the same error message screen over and over again. I hate having to call but looks like I'll need to do so.

Edit - I just thought of trying internet explorer browser instead of chrome - still getting the same error message :(
Images
  • readers digest error.gif
Mar 27, 2013
306 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 12:58 am
Since Meredith bought People, it's changed to https://www.csptcs.com/restrict?magcode=PE but it seems to be down. You may have to call instead...
Hi Pathfinder! Happy New Year!
I found that since the merge, a lot of the magazines I signed up for must have gotten lost in the transition. I subscribed back in September/November and still can't log in. I tried calling, but they don't have my info. Have you found that as well?
Thanks again for all your replies, responses, and tips!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
abuela wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:40 am
Hi Pathfinder! Happy New Year!
I found that since the merge, a lot of the magazines I signed up for must have gotten lost in the transition. I subscribed back in September/November and still can't log in. I tried calling, but they don't have my info. Have you found that as well?
Thanks again for all your replies, responses, and tips!
Same to you abuela!

I haven't renewed a People sub in a while (as most of my subs are out to 2025) but seeing as they haven't fixed their customer service page yet, it wouldn't surprise me that they lost a few subs.
I would guess you'll just have to keep trying...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
abuela wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:40 am
Hi Pathfinder, would you share how you're able to extend your subs to 2025? The most I've found, even for People is 2 years.
You pm'ed me this question but I thought I'd answer it on the thread as other people may wonder.

I subscribed multiple times, using different US addresses and then stacked each new sub onto my existing sub - ie. added the new sub to my old one by changing the new sub's address to my Canadian address, which extends my existing sub's expiration date.

I created multiple accounts at Recyclebank to get these subs - Recyclebank allowed only 1 People sub reward per account.
I notice that now the fine print for People states "The Publisher reserves the right to reject subscription request if current subscription exceeds five or more years...Please note: Recipient is ineligible if they currently have more than 5 year’s worth of current subscriptions of requested title."
Mar 27, 2013
306 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:47 pm
You pm'ed me this question but I thought I'd answer it on the thread as other people may wonder.

I subscribed multiple times, using different US addresses and then stacked each new sub onto my existing sub - ie. added the new sub to my old one by changing the new sub's address to my Canadian address, which extends my existing sub's expiration date.

I created multiple accounts at Recyclebank to get these subs - Recyclebank allowed only 1 People sub reward per account.
I notice that now the fine print for People states "The Publisher reserves the right to reject subscription request if current subscription exceeds five or more years...Please note: Recipient is ineligible if they currently have more than 5 year’s worth of current subscriptions of requested title."
Oh, my bad, what was I thinking? If I used same address, different names/accounts, wouldn't they realize it's the same address, so the subscription remains the same, at 2 years? Unless, I stagger then towards the end of each 2 yr term?

I must need coffee, or just not getting it.

Many thanks!
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Oct 3, 2018
257 posts
216 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 12:06 am
Free 2 year sub to Money magazine: http://cdn.mercurymagazines.com/121-12198592/index.html?
Hi @pathfinder35 ! Thanks so much :)

I have:

1. Signed up for RewardSurvey and completed 2 surveys, that was easy, thanks!
2. Since your link above is for Money, I will check this one out and not sign up via RewardSurvey.

Sorry for the noob question,

1. the link above starts with cdn, is that identifying I am in Canada and do I have to come up with a different US Address for each different link I sign up with ... or only if I want to stack subscriptions with merging addresses later?
http://cdn.mercurymagazines.com

2. RewardSurvey
- how often does one get new surveys and do mags change on a quarterly basis ... or usually the same?

3. Other than RewardSurvey and Mercury Magazines, is there another one you recommend as top 3 ... ie RecycleBank?

I saw a reference to your FAQ's, however, I cannot find. So, if you also want to direct me to FAQ's, that would be great.

Thanks in advance @pathfinder35 !!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
mzmoney wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:03 pm
Hi @pathfinder35 ! Thanks so much :)

I have:

1. Signed up for RewardSurvey and completed 2 surveys, that was easy, thanks!
2. Since your link above is for Money, I will check this one out and not sign up via RewardSurvey.

Sorry for the noob question,

1. the link above starts with cdn, is that identifying I am in Canada and do I have to come up with a different US Address for each different link I sign up with ... or only if I want to stack subscriptions with merging addresses later?
http://cdn.mercurymagazines.com

No - just a coincidence that the link uses cdn...nothing to do with Canada. When stacking subs to a magazine, I use different USA addresses. But I always use different USA addresses for every sub I do....I use google maps and pick businesses with easy addresses - ex 123 Elm St, Any city in USA, 5 digit zipcode

2. RewardSurvey
- how often does one get new surveys and do mags change on a quarterly basis ... or usually the same?

It's random, just have to logon periodically to see if there are new subs. For instance I see US Weekly is available on Rewardsurvey...that seems new to me...

3. Other than RewardSurvey and Mercury Magazines, is there another one you recommend as top 3 ... ie RecycleBank?

Recyclebank would be be my top choice.

I saw a reference to your FAQ's, however, I cannot find. So, if you also want to direct me to FAQ's, that would be great.

Click on the link below in this post (and any one of my posts :-)

Thanks in advance @pathfinder35 !!

No problem!
Oct 3, 2018
257 posts
216 upvotes
GTA
Thank you so much for help @pathfinder35 ... it's much appreciated!

#1 Same Name and different USA address + different US phone # for each sub?

Do you also use ONE email address only for ALL signup accounts at RewardSurvey, Mercury, RecycleBank ... and is there a lot of spam from these signups?!

Am hoping I don't have to create a new login account for each mag publisher, when I need to change physical address. Lol

And only planning on signing up for 2 or 3 subs, so thanks in advance for getting me started :)

If all of above covered in your FAQs, sorry, I can't seem to find!

You: Click on the link below in this post (and any one of my posts :-)

Hmm, I still don't see anything in your signature area both on my laptop and phone.

Am I missing something or has RFD removed your signature link?

Thanks again :)
Dec 20, 2010
235 posts
116 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 8:55 am
You: Click on the link below in this post (and any one of my posts :-)

Hmm, I still don't see anything in your signature area both on my laptop and phone.

Am I missing something or has RFD removed your signature link?
OP's signature is visible on the desktop, links are

Free Mag Deals and FAQ
Cheap Magazine Deals from USA - FAQ
Free Digital Mags
Oct 3, 2018
257 posts
216 upvotes
GTA
T_Ruff wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:17 am
OP's signature is visible on the desktop, links are

Free Mag Deals and FAQ
Cheap Magazine Deals from USA - FAQ
Free Digital Mags
Thank you so much @T_Ruff !

Strange, I just checked on my laptop under any of @pathfinder35 posts and I still don't see these links?!

Hmm maybe my RFD settings are messed up and not showing signatures?

So thanks for sending actual links!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
abuela wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:48 am
Oh, my bad, what was I thinking? If I used same address, different names/accounts, wouldn't they realize it's the same address, so the subscription remains the same, at 2 years? Unless, I stagger then towards the end of each 2 yr term?

I must need coffee, or just not getting it.

Many thanks!
I missed your question - You should always use different US addresses and then when the sub appears in the system (ie. you can logon with that US address) , you change it to your Canadian address. Their system should then merge it with your existing sub (assuming you have an existing sub with your Canadian address) and extend your subscription out.
You may need to call them if don't automatically merge (stack) the subs and you start getting duplicate mags
Mar 27, 2013
306 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:22 pm
I missed your question - You should always use different US addresses and then when the sub appears in the system (ie. you can logon with that US address) , you change it to your Canadian address. Their system should then merge it with your existing sub (assuming you have an existing sub with your Canadian address) and extend your subscription out.
You may need to call them if don't automatically merge (stack) the subs and you start getting duplicate mags
It's a very busy and popular forum! I thank you for the time you put into it!!

I think I may have done that once before, but the system saw that I already had a sub. I didn't know that I could call in and have it merged though.

Thanks again!
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
mzmoney wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:40 am
Thank you so much @T_Ruff !

Strange, I just checked on my laptop under any of @pathfinder35 posts and I still don't see these links?!

Hmm maybe my RFD settings are messed up and not showing signatures?

So thanks for sending actual links!
There's an option under Account Settings - Thread Display Options to turn off signatures - maybe your setting is OFF.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5455 posts
9241 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
mzmoney wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 8:55 am
Thank you so much for help @pathfinder35 ... it's much appreciated!

#1 Same Name and different USA address + different US phone # for each sub?

Do you also use ONE email address only for ALL signup accounts at RewardSurvey, Mercury, RecycleBank ... and is there a lot of spam from these signups?!

Am hoping I don't have to create a new login account for each mag publisher, when I need to change physical address. Lol

And only planning on signing up for 2 or 3 subs, so thanks in advance for getting me started :)

Thanks again :)
I use a secondary email address so I don't worry about spam to it. I use https://www.mail.com which gives you up to 10 different email addresses on 1 account.

You usually only have 1 account for each publisher, so for example, Hearst publishes many mags but I only have 1 account with it.