Freebies

Free Magazine Subscriptions

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2019 9:32 am
Oct 3, 2018
495 posts
379 upvotes
GTA
@pathfinder35 can you please assist with url for SI? I have the Mag label # and prefer to try online vs calling Meredith and have searched online to no avail.

Also, if I wanted to stack subscriptions for SI later via RewardSurvey:

1. wait a few months or sign up closer to end of 1st year
2. ok to sign up again under RS or better to use another sub company, with same name, new email address and new US address
3. as per your above response, cross fingers when change to Cdn address that it extends subscription vs dupe copies same dates ... not sure how you get around "new subscriber" fine print

Thanks so much pathfinder35!

p.s. Money mag has reappeared on RewardSurvey too :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5515 posts
9300 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
mzmoney wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:54 pm
@pathfinder35 can you please assist with url for SI? I have the Mag label # and prefer to try online vs calling Meredith and have searched online to no avail.

Also, if I wanted to stack subscriptions for SI later via RewardSurvey:

1. wait a few months or sign up closer to end of 1st year
2. ok to sign up again under RS or better to use another sub company, with same name, new email address and new US address
3. as per your above response, cross fingers when change to Cdn address that it extends subscription vs dupe copies same dates ... not sure how you get around "new subscriber" fine print

Thanks so much pathfinder35!

p.s. Money mag has reappeared on RewardSurvey too :)
For customer service page, at the home SI page, click on the 'hamburger symbol' - 3 lines - on top left side of screen and scroll down to select customer service - https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/MT/SPI/Login ... 5904&vid=2

You don't have to wait to sign up for subs - sign up as many times as you want when you want - you never know if all or any will result in a new sub - hope for all of them but you may only get one.
Since you use different USA addresses for each new sub, each one is a 'new' sub to them.

If, after you change them to your Canadian address (ie stack them) , you continue to receive duplicate subs for a few weeks, then you will have to call them to get them to manually combine them.
When you call, know the length of each sub you are asking to combine. Then make sure to ask them what your new expiry date is and that they did actually combine/extend the expiry date correctly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9730 posts
959 upvotes
Vancouver
Hihi, does this still work? Buy a sub, have it addressed somewhere in the US. A few weeks later change the address to my Canadian address. I’m not big on magazines but I really like “Variety” and prices for Canadians is astronomical.

Thanks for any info.

Oops wrong thread. Please move thank u
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5515 posts
9300 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
trellaine201 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 2:23 pm
Hihi, does this still work? Buy a sub, have it addressed somewhere in the US. A few weeks later change the address to my Canadian address. I’m not big on magazines but I really like “Variety” and prices for Canadians is astronomical.

Thanks for any info.

Oops wrong thread. Please move thank u
You could 'move' it yourself by deleting the post and posting it in the free thread...but doesn't really matter.

Yes, those steps still work...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9730 posts
959 upvotes
Vancouver
pathfinder35 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 12:39 am
You could 'move' it yourself by deleting the post and posting it in the free thread...but doesn't really matter.

Yes, those steps still work...
Didn’t know I could. But thanks for confirmation on mags.
Jul 1, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
I called Meredith today to change my People account (she answered as Homes and Gardens) - the lady that answered the phone was nice and combined my accounts - thanks pathfinder35 for your help!