Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NEST

Free Nest Protect smoke detectors to 50,000 Toronto residents

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2023 9:58 pm
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes

Toronto Area Only - Free Smart Nest Protect CO and smoke alarm

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 31, 2018
Retailer:
NEST
Hi, got this ad and decided it might be useful for some people. It's similar to the greenon program but instead you get a carbon monoxide and smoke alarm/detector for free.

(From website)
Get a Nest Protect smoke and CO alarm with professional installation for participating in a smart home consultation from Simply Smart Home. All at no cost.

Offer valid to the first 50,000 customers in the Toronto area who redeem this offer while supplies last. Limit one offer per household.*
Images
  • upload.png
Last edited by rubikas001 on Apr 22nd, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Call 1-844-400-NEST (6378) to inquire or book your appointment with the SmartHome installer if you are one of the 50,000 registered participants.
1036 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
2077 posts
465 upvotes
North York
What's the catch?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1200 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
i can feel the rfd effect.. going on the site already..
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
brutal wrote: What's the catch?
They do a home assessment and will use the data they collect to try and sell you smart home gadgets.

Pretty pricey plans they have: https://simplysmarthome.ca/smart-home/

Their terms & conditions:
1. Introduction

These terms and conditions govern the Simply Smart Home Inc. (Simply Smart”, “we”, “us” and “our”) smart home program (the “Program”) for the smart home product in-home consultation and installation of a Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (the “Nest Product”) at your home (the “Property”) at no cost to you.

The Nest Product is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are only 50,000 Nest Products available for the Program. Only one (1) Nest Product per residence will be installed.

The Program is available while Nest Products last and Simply Smart may terminate the Program at any time in its sole discretion. This website may be terminated at any time in our sole discretion and we will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.

The battery version of the Nest Product including professional installation is provided to you under the Program at no cost. A wired version of the Nest Product with professional installation is available to you, at no cost, if you choose to replace and upgrade your existing smoke alarms and/or smoke detectors at your Property to a Nest Product. You are under no obligation to purchase any product or service from Simply Smart.

To participate in the Program: (i) you must be the legal age of majority in your province or territory of residence; (ii) you must be the lawful homeowner of the Property; and (iii) you must allow a representative of Simply Smart to come to your Property, during reasonable hours and upon prior notice to and consent by you, to perform the smart home consultation and install the Nest Product.

You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Program is based on your assessment of the Program and is not based on any reliance on anticipated or projected results.

Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using this website, registering for the Program and clicking below to accept these terms and conditions, you confirm your consent to, and agree to comply with and be bound by, these terms and conditions and our Privacy Policy and you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements for the Program.

2. In-Home Consultation and Installation

You authorize a representative of Simply Smart to enter your Property, during reasonable hours and upon prior notice to and consent by you, for the purposes of: (i) the installation of the Nest Product at your Property; and (ii) the performance of an in-home smart home consultation, which will be a survey to assess solutions for your Property.

The smart home consultation will be performed in a prompt and timely manner by a Simply Smart representative. Information collected by us at the consultation will be used for future marketing purposes in accordance with our Privacy Policy
Your Property must be in suitable condition for the installation of the Nest Product, as such condition shall be determined by Simply Smart at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable standards and requirements for the installation of equipment of similar type.

Following the consultation, we will install the Nest Product at your Property. You acknowledge that you may be required to execute additional documents in order for Simply Smart to complete the installation of the Nest Product at your Property.

Following installation of the Nest Product at your Property, you authorize us to automatically register your Nest Product with the manufacturer on your behalf, which includes registration of the product warranty and indication that Simply Smart was the professional installer.

3. Use of Nest Product

You are responsible for the use of the Nest Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and the Nest Product’s intended purpose. You understand that any improper use may result in injury or damage. Simply Smart is not the manufacturer and is not responsible for any warranties or service in respect of the Nest Product.

Except as expressly set forth in these term and conditions, Simply Smart makes no representation or warranty, either written or oral, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Nest Product or its manufacturer, or with respect to the Nest Product’s adequacy, safety, workmanship, quality, legal compliance, fitness, accuracy, or suitability for any purpose, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Simply Smart shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the installation or use of the Nest Product.

If the Nest Product does not operate as indicated by the manufacturer or is unsatisfactory for any reason, you shall have no recourse against Simply Smart and Simply Smart shall have no obligation to replace the Nest Product (or any deficient part thereof) or remove the Nest Product from your Property.

4. Force Majeure.

Simply Smart shall not be liable for delays or failure to install the Nest Product or perform any obligations hereunder in the event of causes beyond Simply Smart’s control, whether or not such causes are provided for specifically herein, provided however that Simply Smart will notify you as soon as reasonably possible in the event of any delay in the installation of the Nest Product on your scheduled installation date.

5. Privacy.

Simply Smart is committed to protecting the personal information in its custody or control in accordance with applicable privacy laws. You may access or obtain a copy of Simply Smart’s Privacy policy, which describes how we may collect, use and disclose information.

You acknowledge and agree that you will be required to agree to separate terms and conditions and privacy policies relating to the operation of your Nest Product once installed, including if you choose to register for the Nest mobile application on any device(s) connected to the Nest Product.

6. Indemnification.

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Simply Smart, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, service providers, agents, and representatives (the “Indemnitees”) from all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, obligations and damages,
including reasonable legal fees, arising from or related to the in-home smart home consultation or the installation and use of the Nest Product, whether such use is in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or otherwise, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release the Indemnitees of, from and against any of the foregoing. This indemnification shall survive the termination of these terms and conditions and of the Program.

7. Governing Law.

Except to the extent that the laws of the province or territory in which you reside require that the laws of such province or territory apply to these terms and conditions and the Program offered herein, this website and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle or rule.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hmm, it doesn't define the Toronto area. I wonder if it's only Toronto proper.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Hmm, it doesn't define the Toronto area. I wonder if it's only Toronto proper.
When I clicked the ad it said Toronto area
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up! Then read the conditions, like a true RFD’er!

Luckily I didn’t have to give away my firstborn. I’d miss him dearly.
Mar 21, 2006
64 posts
18 upvotes
Done and done thanks ! I love nest products
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
2061 posts
4409 upvotes
"The battery version of the Nest Product including professional installation is provided to you under the Program at no cost. A wired version of the Nest Product with professional installation is available to you, at no cost, if you choose to replace and upgrade your existing smoke alarms and/or smoke detectors at your Property to a Nest Product. You are under no obligation to purchase any product or service from Simply Smart."

Looks like you get the battery version automatically, but can request the wired version if you're replacing exiting detectors/alarms. I've put the request for the wired version in the notes.

Hopefully they deliver north of Newmarket. They're located in Concord, ON and not Toronto, so fingers crossed.

Thanks OP.
Apr 17, 2001
387 posts
290 upvotes
Good timing, my carbon monoxide just beeped with rnd of life alert

Thx op
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Remember to thank the OP guys.
Aug 10, 2011
510 posts
195 upvotes
EAST YORK
Thx OP
signed up
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 20GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 19.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1.2GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6697 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
So if you have three wired alarms... they will only replace one or three??
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanked!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks OP. There is no protection for our personal data in the wild wild west of Internet anyway. At least we can get something for it here. lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1066 posts
364 upvotes
Centre of Universe
georvu wrote: So if you have three wired alarms... they will only replace one or three??
Yes, only one. I just replaced an expired one last night with a Nest. I will be asking them to replace my expired alarm upstairs.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6697 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
torontoguy777 wrote: Yes, only one. I just replaced an expired one last night with a Nest. I will be asking them to replace my expired alarm upstairs.
Thanks, will go with battery one then... once they confirm our area included
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1066 posts
364 upvotes
Centre of Universe
georvu wrote: Thanks, will go with battery one then... once they confirm our area included
Just curious. Why would you want to replace a wired detector with a battery one?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6697 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
torontoguy777 wrote: Just curious. Why would you want to replace a wired detector with a battery one?
Not replacing in this case... will leave the three wired installed. These are smoke alarms.

Nest will be in addition.

Edit: Just realized that do have one combo smoke alarm/CO detector that is wired so will ask to get wired Nest to replace.

Folks: Do walk around your house to see what alarms are installed :)
Last edited by georvu on Apr 22nd, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)