Expired Freebies

[Loblaws] Free PC Points at Loblaws/No Frills/Superstore for using PC green bags

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2012 12:55 pm
Tags:
None
May 9, 2006
21 posts
1 upvote

[Loblaws] Free PC Points at Loblaws/No Frills/Superstore for using PC green bags

Sign at my local No Frills says that as of May 1, 2011, they now only issue 10 PC points for using their PC reusable bags if you paid with a PC credit or debit card.

Up until now, they would give 50 PC points. :(
22 replies
Jan 5, 2009
219 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
So how much is 10 pts worth. If we buy 1 grape costing 1 cent and bag it in enviro bag will I be ahead?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2642 posts
131 upvotes
10 points is worth 1 penny
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1796 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
What?! Only 10 points now!? :evil:
Apr 28, 2010
957 posts
81 upvotes
umm, wouldn't this be better in shopping discussion? granted pc points are free, but not sure it justifies being in the free section.
Mar 19, 2005
270 posts
7 upvotes
Coquitlam
jason9945 wrote:
May 4th, 2011 10:34 pm
Oh man those 50 point days were awesome. I'd stop by no frills when I was in college with my 6 reusable bags and buy one or two things. The cashiers would give me $3 worth of points for my $4 purchase. :lol:

50 points = $.05......6 x 0.05=$0.30 :confused:
[OP]
May 9, 2006
21 posts
1 upvote
pete_rfd wrote:
May 5th, 2011 3:01 am
umm, wouldn't this be better in shopping discussion? granted pc points are free, but not sure it justifies being in the free section.

Sorry, only posted this here because search results indicated the last post on this topic was also posted in this section. Mea culpa -- newbie mistake!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1312 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
This thread is posted in the correct forum if you consider this comment (which I think is ingenious!!!):
solisjava wrote:
May 4th, 2011 10:25 pm
Oh so free grapes if you have time
Mar 22, 2005
561 posts
364 upvotes
jason9945 wrote:
May 4th, 2011 10:34 pm
Oh man those 50 point days were awesome. I'd stop by no frills when I was in college with my 6 reusable bags and buy one or two things. The cashiers would give me $3 worth of points for my $4 purchase. :lol:

Did you really complete you degree? Hope it wasn't as a Math teacher
Please click THANKS below my name if you like cookies!
Aug 9, 2007
741 posts
205 upvotes
I got a few of these a while back, but you should note that you only get the free pts if you go through a cashier, not if you use the self checkout (at least I'm not sure how you would do that with this scenario).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5822 posts
499 upvotes
London
Drizzt wrote:
May 5th, 2011 11:27 am
I got a few of these a while back, but you should note that you only get the free pts if you go through a cashier, not if you use the self checkout (at least I'm not sure how you would do that with this scenario).

U have to ask the attendant. They will give you the points. I do it every time.

Before this green stuff it was TEN cents cash per bin. Now it's a penny per bag? Hardly worth asking for. Stupid points and miss representing their value.
Apr 17, 2010
202 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Drizzt wrote:
May 5th, 2011 11:27 am

Press the Call Clerk button, they come over and use the little handheld device to manually add PC points to your order.

I found that out the hard way after using self-scan for a year. :mad:

When my store got self-scanners the clerk was happy to show me how to use them, she never mentioned the scanner did not give out PC points and that she added them manually, upon request.

After about a year, I found out by accident when the clerk walked over as I was paying and asked if I collect PC points. I said yes, she said okay I'll add points to your order before you pay. I asked what do you mean? That's when I found out. Never checked the self-scan receipts points balance because I only redeem them every 2-3 years and was used to their no hassle way of earning points.

I believe a store running a loyalty program can do better, especially considering that any electronic cash register can be programmed to award points based on the card BIN range.

I think they should have volunteered this information in their big push to get customers using the self-scan. But they didn't. At my local store, none of the signs at the self-scanner mention you won't get PC points.
Aug 18, 2008
183 posts
2 upvotes
I usually use the self checkout and always get my points but I found it to be a hassle for 50points then now its only 10points! This is one of the worst rewards. Thanks for the heads up though! :|
× < >