Page 1 of 1

Free Philadelphia Cooking Creme (with Dream Destination contest entry), requires work

Posted: May 2nd, 2012 8:47 pm
by Fantaz
http://realwomenofphiladelphia.ca/blog/ ... tion-entry

----

edit: seems like it requires a bit of extra work... (be fair, don't cheat)

i haven't claimed their last coupon yet that they sent me tbh...

Re: Free Philadelphia Cooking Creme (with Dream Destination contest entry), requires work

Posted: May 2nd, 2012 9:15 pm
by dlkbc1
So you have to sign up, then submit a recipe using the ingredient and then submit a photo of the dish before you can get this free tub and contest entry?

Re: Free Philadelphia Cooking Creme (with Dream Destination contest entry), requires work

Posted: May 2nd, 2012 9:22 pm
by copperprincess
dlkbc1 wrote: So you have to sign up, then submit a recipe using the ingredient and then submit a photo of the dish before you can get this free tub and contest entry?

Sounds like alot of work, eh?

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 7:01 am
by flyer12
dlkbc1 wrote: So you have to sign up, then submit a recipe using the ingredient and then submit a photo of the dish before you can get this free tub and contest entry?

Doesn't that mean that this is NOT a freebie then since you need to buy the product first to make the recipe to take the photo of to be able to submit it to then get the coupon?
Mods, please move to a different forum (not sure which one ....).

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 9:13 am
by IDStorms
flyer12 wrote: Doesn't that mean that this is NOT a freebie then since you need to buy the product first to make the recipe to take the photo of to be able to submit it to then get the coupon?
Mods, please move to a different forum (not sure which one ....).

Well it is quite a bit of work, but you can basically cook something that looks like it and claim you used Philly cooking cream.

Or... You can Google a recipe, tweak the photo a little, modify the instructions and submit.

We can't always expect our freebies with no effort.

We don't use this so I wasn't going to request it, but now that I suggested the Google thingy, I might just give it a try!

I'm now entered thanks to Google!!! (Ok, and a little Photoshopping as well.)

:cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 12:34 pm
by stevevic
IDStorms wrote: Well it is quite a bit of work, but you can basically cook something that looks like it and claim you used Philly cooking cream.

Or... You can Google a recipe, tweak the photo a little, modify the instructions and submit.

We don't use this so I wasn't going to request it, but now that I suggested the Google thingy, I might just give it a try!

Good point!

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 5:23 pm
by IDStorms
Do you think they're just in it for the freebie???

No, It's NOT my recipe... Mmmm!

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 5:37 pm
by Nikita
IDStorms wrote: Well it is quite a bit of work, but you can basically cook something that looks like it and claim you used Philly cooking cream.

In other words, cheat. :facepalm: Nice. Is Philly Cream (value under $5) really that important to you

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 6:09 pm
by IDStorms
Nikita wrote: In other words, cheat. :facepalm: Nice. Is Philly Cream (value under $5) really that important to you

NOTHING except HEALTH is that important to me... Just having fun!

At least I submitted a REAL recipe with a REAL photo (of what it WOULD look like assuming I actually made it)

NOT like this guy... REALLY!

Did you submit something, or just came to TROLL?

Why don't you go browse through the other threads and give everyone else your thoughts on CHEATING...

Like those requesting multiple freebies when it CLEARLY states ONE ONLY.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Thanks for your concern... Right back at you

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 6:25 pm
by Nikita
IDStorms wrote: NOTHING except HEALTH is that important to me... Just having fun!

At least I submitted a REAL recipe with a REAL photo (of what it WOULD look like assuming I actually made it)

NOT like this guy... REALLY!

Did you submit something, or just came to TROLL?

Why don't you go browse through the other threads and give everyone else your thoughts on CHEATING...

Like those requesting multiple freebies when it CLEARLY states ONE ONLY.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Thanks for your concern... Right back at you

I submitted my OWN recipe...my integrity and sense of fairness means more than $5. Others doing it doesn't make it right for you to do it, or me, which is why I DIDN'T cheat. Calling you out as a cheat is a fact, not trolling. But hey, however you can rationalize it to yourself is fine if it makes you feel better , but don't think it makes it right.

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 6:40 pm
by IDStorms
Nikita wrote: I submitted my OWN recipe...my integrity and sense of fairness means more than $5. Others doing it doesn't make it right for you to do it, or me, which is why I DIDN'T cheat. Calling you out as a cheat is a fact, not trolling. But hey, however you can rationalize it to yourself is fine if it makes you feel better , but don't think it makes it right.

So you BOUGHT some Philly Cooking Creme to get a free sample?...

OR did you actually prepare a meal, photograph it, and then submitted it to them?

I submitted my own recipe as well...

As I previously stated, I never used their product, so I WOULD NOT purchase it just to be able to obtain a FREE sample.

That said... How can I prepare something USING their product and yet somehow have a magical photo to upload in the first place.

The whole thing doesn't make sense!

I searched for a base recipe of something I would like, removed the items I wouldn't use and replaced them with ones I would cook in it.

Since I didn't actually create this dish, I "created" it including all the ingredients within Photoshop.

As I don't have to explain myself to you, nor you to me, we basically submitted original recipes... No?

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 6:55 pm
by Nikita
IDStorms wrote: So you BOUGHT some Philly Cooking Creme to get a free sample?...

OR did you actually prepare a meal, photograph it, and then submitted it to them?

I submitted my own recipe as well...

As I previously stated, I never used their product, so I WOULD NOT purchase it just to be able to obtain a FREE sample.

That said... How can I prepare something USING their product and yet somehow have a magical photo to upload in the first place.

The whole thing doesn't make sense!

I searched for a base recipe of something I would like, removed the items I wouldn't use and replaced them with ones I would cook in it.

Since I didn't actually create this dish, I "created" it including all the ingredients within Photoshop.

As I don't have to explain myself to you, nor you to me, we basically submitted original recipes... No?
No.

Posted: May 3rd, 2012 8:29 pm
by IDStorms
Nikita wrote: No.

Ok, Whatever.

Either way, we'll both be getting a coupon for their free product, but I wont be using it. (Hope this doesn't bother you as well)

It's yours if you want it, otherwise I'm just going to give it to someone else.

So just curious... How did you come up with your recipe and get a photo to upload.

What did it have to COST you to get a "Freebie" which this forum is all about!

Posted: May 4th, 2012 11:35 am
by catlover
Thanks

Posted: May 4th, 2012 12:10 pm
by Nikita
IDStorms wrote: Ok, Whatever.

Either way, we'll both be getting a coupon for their free product, but I wont be using it. (Hope this doesn't bother you as well)

It's yours if you want it, otherwise I'm just going to give it to someone else.

So just curious... How did you come up with your recipe and get a photo to upload.

What did it have to COST you to get a "Freebie" which this forum is all about!
Did you read my earlier post? It didn't cost me anything, as I said, I use the stuff, I had it in my fridge, I've made this dish before...it cost me ZERO for this freebie.

Thanks for the offer for your coupon but I'll decline...altho it was very nice of you to offer :) BTW, since it is free, you really should try it, it's delicious, especially the herb & garlic one, IMO anyway.

EDIT: My apologies...I just looked back and no I hadn't said I had it already in my fridge, so the accurate answer to your question would be it cost me nothing as I already purchased it before this freebie was even known to me. So I didn't spend anything I wouldn't have spent anway.

Posted: May 4th, 2012 4:04 pm
by IDStorms
Nikita wrote: Did you read my earlier post? It didn't cost me anything, as I said, I use the stuff, I had it in my fridge, I've made this dish before...it cost me ZERO for this freebie.

Thanks for the offer for your coupon but I'll decline...altho it was very nice of you to offer :) BTW, since it is free, you really should try it, it's delicious, especially the herb & garlic one, IMO anyway.

EDIT: My apologies...I just looked back and no I hadn't said I had it already in my fridge, so the accurate answer to your question would be it cost me nothing as I already purchased it before this freebie was even known to me. So I didn't spend anything I wouldn't have spent anway.

It's all good!

Maybe I'll take your advice and try it. ;)

Posted: May 4th, 2012 4:14 pm
by Nikita
IDStorms wrote: It's all good!

Maybe I'll take your advice and try it. ;)

Want my recipe...lol? I rarely toot my own horn, especially when it comes to cooking, but even I gave myself a pat on the back for this one... :lol:

Posted: May 5th, 2012 4:55 pm
by IDStorms
Nikita wrote: Want my recipe...lol? I rarely toot my own horn, especially when it comes to cooking, but even I gave myself a pat on the back for this one... :lol:

Thanks for offering, but as it turns out, my neighbour is going to be getting my coupon.

My wife cooks 95% of the meals, and with the kids being as fussy as they are, we don't deviate too much.

It's quite funny actually, because my neighbour started talking about recipes this morning,
and I mentioned the Philly cream contest… In the end, I offered it to her.

If you really want to share it, I don't mind, and I can always pass it along as well. (If that's fine with you)

Thanks. :)