May 30th, 2019 11:10 am
ABC Feed or Canadian feed at theaters?
c'mon man what do you think?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1433 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
my condo unit just flooded last night. dealing with the cleanup today at home. Not sure if i'll be able to finish the cleanup/be in the mood to go tonight. I got extra tickets for tonight if anyone wants to swing by to pickup PM me. Markham 7 & Warden. (Cineplex Vaughan)
May 10, 2006
506 posts
93 upvotes
YVR/YYC
Disappointed at the Calgary Theater selections. Wish they had this at Crossiron as well...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2912 posts
668 upvotes
Ajax
roblombardi wrote:
May 30th, 2019 9:16 am
Much better... at least theatres downtown won't be destroyed if the Raptors win; some people don't know how to celebrate, and think that behaving like rabid neanderthals is the proper way to celebrate a team's victory
Yeah notice how they didn't select Scarborough location but went further East to the crappy 1980's Ajax venue. I'll stay home and watch it on my 115 inch screen 4K projector. Beer and concessions a lot cheaper too! lol
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
17753 posts
15689 upvotes
Toronto
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
May 7, 2017
112 posts
169 upvotes
NoWynne2018 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 7:49 pm
Yup. Dollar Tree chocolate bars 2/$1 (YMMV). Dollar Tree name brand chips or popcorn, $1.25/pack. Dollar Tree cold juice or pop, $1.25/bottle
Much too expensive - get your 97 cent chips at no frills or walmart!
Jul 11, 2007
399 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
I think this is actually a very good win-win for fan in these remote area, don't think they are trying to make money with concession, I rather think this is a smart marketing induced move that benefit both fan, resident, property owner and team;
todays movie is not about content of movie, it's about experiences of in theater. so this is another way to attract new breed of customers, a new slice of pie in market/brand new type of customer to theater enjoy same ideology, same fan support base and get to know other fan, and boost fan loyalty,
brick and mortar mall/store in small town are dying faster and this will attract people come to theater to taste the experiences, hopefully bring new life to the mall.
there is only 1 team in Canada, now it's how they get residents of other city to become fan, basically making "Toronto Raptors" to "Canada's Raptors"; that's why, the list of location does not include "GTA" ; so I bet MLSE is paying or renting the theater for this.
Don't think they care much concession on this. it's still much cheaper then going to the PARK, and more than than watching this at home (with bunch of usual suspect, same old, think about chance to meet friends, for new dates etc). this is the so call "experiences" that theater trying to sell and they need this to survive. sure people can have 70" or 100" tv at home, but it can't have the same effect of theater and sport event is much more effective in this aspect. so it's WIN WIN WIN for customer, fan, local business!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
17753 posts
15689 upvotes
Toronto
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6555 posts
2505 upvotes
UPDATE - more tix to existing locations + London Westmount at 3pm:

Nov 13, 2006
852 posts
245 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
syn3rgetic wrote:
May 30th, 2019 12:25 am
I have extra tickets for Richmond Riverport Cineplex. Free. Just PM me.
PM'd!
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11183 posts
1407 upvotes
Mississauga
escalade wrote:
May 30th, 2019 11:10 am
ABC Feed or Canadian feed at theaters?
I would assume Canadian. This will be one of the rare occasions where lots of noise from the audience is encouraged in the theatre.

Possibly a dumb question but how does a movie theatre show a live TV broadcast? Do they just hook up the projector to a cable box?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2232 posts
762 upvotes
^ Don't know exactly how, but they definitely can show live TV broadcasts. In the past I've watched both Super Bowl and Raptors sporting events live and HBO's "Game of Thrones" during live broadcasts.