• Jun 5th, 2017 10:44 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2012
72 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto

Free to ride shuttle bus from Union Station to Vaughan Mills

Deal Link:
Free to ride shuttle bus from Union Station to Vaughan Mills from June 1st, 2017.

The 55-passenger shopping shuttle provides free seasonal round-trip transportation from Toronto's Union Station to Vaughan Mills twice a day. The Vaughan Mills Shopping Shuttle operates between June 1 - September 30 and returns November 24 - December 26* for convenient Holiday shopping!

Complimentary WiFi is now available on board the Shuttle, and throughout Vaughan Mills.

For more schedule and boarding information check the website : https://www.vaughanmills.com/tourism/shopping-shuttle/

Last edited by cmcolor on Apr 21st, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13730 posts
9223 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! If you're a real cheapo it is a great way to get to Canada's Wonderland for free too. Just a short walk from the mall.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Aug 14, 2010
69 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
sprung wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 1:14 pm
Thanks! If you're a real cheapo it is a great way to get to Canada's Wonderland for free too. Just a short walk from the mall.
Genius :)
Jul 1, 2009
405 posts
101 upvotes
Calgary
No mention of the return trip
Aug 5, 2008
150 posts
91 upvotes
Binton wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 7:10 pm
No mention of the return trip
DAILY SCHEDULE

Morning Service:
Departs from Front St. W at 10am and returns from Vaughan Mills at 3pm.

Afternoon Service:
Departs from Front St. W at 1pm and returns from Vaughan Mills at 6pm.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
If you were to take the shuttle to use it for Canada's Wonderland, you won't likely be able to get much done at the park while rushing to ensure you get back to the bus stop
prior to the return trip.

Great way to get to the mall and I hope to do the morning trip this year! So delighted that the shuttle is near Union Station (actually MTCCC) but signup is in the Great Hall
of Union Station.
Surfing 2017. Fall, show me the roll-out of prizes!
Feb 13, 2017
257 posts
1250 upvotes
Bin Dopin's CANistan
Can Vaughan Mills afford Coach loads of Red Floggers?
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
Apr 24, 2011
91 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
cutey130 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 4:45 am
DAILY SCHEDULE

Morning Service:
Departs from Front St. W at 10am and returns from Vaughan Mills at 3pm.

Afternoon Service:
Departs from Front St. W at 1pm and returns from Vaughan Mills at 6pm.
Is it possible to go there on the morning service and return on the afternoon service? For example, go there on the 10am and return on the 6pm for a long day, or go on the 1 pm and return on the 3pm for a short trip just to pick up something? Or is every leg of the trip registered by time to a specific person? How long does it take one way?
Sep 15, 2008
280 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
JPRUEFER wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 2:00 am
Is it possible to go there on the morning service and return on the afternoon service? For example, go there on the 10am and return on the 6pm for a long day, or go on the 1 pm and return on the 3pm for a short trip just to pick up something? Or is every leg of the trip registered by time to a specific person? How long does it take one way?
No it's not possible as they do a head count ahead of time. The buses are usually full so they cannot accommodate those who want to leave on a different schedule. It takes about 45 minutes on the bus, and we usually plan on getting to Union a min. of 45 mins early to have the best chance at getting on the shuttle.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13730 posts
9223 upvotes
Toronto
diamond_girl23 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 10:56 am
No it's not possible as they do a head count ahead of time. The buses are usually full so they cannot accommodate those who want to leave on a different schedule. It takes about 45 minutes on the bus, and we usually plan on getting to Union a min. of 45 mins early to have the best chance at getting on the shuttle.
In that case for Wonderland it still saves you $7.25 (cash fare) or $6.44 (Presto). Grab this free 10AM shuttle to Vaughn Mills then short walk to Wonderland. When done at Wonderland pay for GO Transit bus back to Union.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Apr 24, 2011
91 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
diamond_girl23 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 10:56 am
OK, thanks for the info.
Feb 12, 2005
359 posts
53 upvotes
When you register to get on the bus, they attach a paper band to your wrist which shows the time of your departure.

It will be different from the morning service if you take the afternoon one. You need to show this to get back on the bus for your return trip.

If you go to VM between Mon-Thurs, there is a good chance that you can change your departure time to either stay longer or return earlier. It all depends on how many people are travelling on the buses that day. You can check with the bus driver.

For example, If you take the 10 am bus, your scheduled departure is at 3 pm. The 1 pm bus will get to VM around 1:45-2 pm. You can wait at the bus stop for the bus driver and ask them if the 1 pm bus is full. If it isn't , you can take the 6 pm bus back to Toronto.

Or if you take the 1 pm bus and only want to pick up something, you can go to the bus stop before 3 pm to see if there is space on the morning bus for you.

I've done it several times but it is very difficult to do Fri-Sun because the buses will most likely be full.

Remember that those who have the wristband for the proper departure time will have priority over you. There are no guarantees that you can get on the other bus.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3404 posts
4407 upvotes
Ontario
Two more weeks until the shuttle is back in service!
Surfing 2017. Fall, show me the roll-out of prizes!
Jan 17, 2017
526 posts
150 upvotes
for those who have gone on this ride before how early do you have to show up and signup for guarantee spot? is one hour before ok? example come at noon for the 1pm bus or is that too late? thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2357 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Any other stop?
Only union?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.