• Jan 20th, 2019 3:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 23, 2010
6 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta

[Cineplex] Free Popcorn for Scene Members Jan 19

Who can say no to free popcorn? Per website:

SCENE Members will receive a free small popcorn at all Cineplex theatres on January 19th. Just present your SCENE card at concession.

Apparently, you don't even need a ticket. Grinning Face. And it's only $0.50 to upgrade to a large.

Updated link for correct year. Oops.
Last edited by galbargain on Jan 12th, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82 replies
Oct 13, 2017
36 posts
32 upvotes
I love free popcorn and was very excited... but the date on that article is January 2018
Dec 28, 2006
673 posts
193 upvotes
Awesome. Problem with my fat ass is I will still pay $2.50, to upgrade to large and add layered butter.

I used to argue with the manager that layered butter shouldnt charge an extra $1...I want ONE order of butter, but layer it. Not 2 orders of butter.
But its so tiring arguing that every time.
Sep 27, 2016
63 posts
3 upvotes
swaghunter wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:55 am
Awesome. Problem with my fat ass is I will still pay $2.50, to upgrade to large and add layered butter.

I used to argue with the manager that layered butter shouldnt charge an extra $1...I want ONE order of butter, but layer it. Not 2 orders of butter.
Strange, I do the exact same thing. The Cineplex I go to gives me no problems the concession employees always know what I'm talking about
Nov 28, 2017
48 posts
20 upvotes
swaghunter wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:55 am

I've never even thought of asking for layered butter... the cineplex i go to just has the butter on the side and you can add more after they give you the popcorn but yea it just sits on top
Mar 4, 2010
252 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
VanRFDlover wrote: I've never even thought of asking for layered butter... the cineplex i go to just has the butter on the side and you can add more after they give you the popcorn but yea it just sits on top
The stuff on the side isn’t butter
Nov 1, 2016
335 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
If I don't buy a movie ticket can I still bypass the employees who rip tickets to go in and buy popcorn? I'm thinking at Scotiabank downtown they rip your ticket before you can go in to buy food.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7317 posts
3430 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Should be free popcorn all the time. The price Cineplex charges for popcorn normally is beyond criminal. What's the markup, 5000%?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 7, 2016
84 posts
53 upvotes
Thanks! Now I can watch the new shayamaladingdong movie with free popcorn and have something less to complain about if it turns out to be super disappointing.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3691 posts
1393 upvotes
RD274S wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:21 pm
Thanks! Now I can watch the new shayamaladingdong movie with free popcorn and have something less to complain about if it turns out to be super disappointing.
Will be disappointing. At least you can throw the popcorn at the screen without worrying about the cost of the popcorn.
Dec 7, 2016
84 posts
53 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:26 pm
Will be disappointing. At least you can throw the popcorn at the screen without worrying about the cost of the popcorn.
I'm honestly a little bit excited. He can do supernatural topics well cause Split, Signs, Unbreakable and even the village to some extent were pretty good. Anyways this is probably a different discussion.
Jan 12, 2017
889 posts
612 upvotes
Maple Ridge
How can anyone eat just popcorn and no drink?
Hahaha.
Aug 27, 2014
215 posts
120 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:44 pm
How can anyone eat just popcorn and no drink?
Hahaha.
You bring your own water bottle to drink with the popcorn.

But that is beside the point, you bring the popcorn back home where you will heat it up in the microwave, and you have a beer with it.
Last edited by LuxErus on Jan 13th, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.