Expired Freebies

[Starbucks] Free Starbucks drink on your birthday (with registered card)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2010 2:38 am
Tags:
None
Feb 12, 2005
352 posts
46 upvotes
I received the Starbucks email about the free birthday drink a few months ago but never read it. On my birthday, I went back to the email thinking it was a coupon I could print out for a free drink, only to find out that it was one that they sent to you.

I went to a Starbucks cafe and I told them it was my birthday but that I didn't have a coupon. They were a bit skeptical but gave me a free coffee of my choice. They didn't want to look at my Driver's Licence and I didn't even have to show them my Starbucks card.

Later that day, I got greedy and went to another Starbucks for another free coffee. :D Again, no coupon and no one really looked at my ID and no one scanned my Starbucks card. I could probably have had as many coffees and Frappachinos as I wanted that day because the employees didn't seem to really care. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
118 upvotes
well well well... i finally got the free drink card. it expires on october 31st. my birthday? well, that was way back in the middle of september lol.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3889 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for my birthday card too.

Starbucks' execution of this promotion SUCKS :!:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
9726 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
flexwong wrote:
Oct 19th, 2009 6:58 pm
well well well... i finally got the free drink card. it expires on october 31st. my birthday? well, that was way back in the middle of september lol.
same here. got my card yesterday, but my birthday was back in September, and it expires in 11 days. oh well. still enough time to get a coffee at least.
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
9530 posts
1176 upvotes
(604)
Am I supposed to get a coupon in the mail for my bday? I just made sure my bday was input onto my registered card, and then I went to Starbucks with my driver's license on my bday.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Member search: http://www.redflagdeals.com/users/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
9726 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 11:00 am
Am I supposed to get a coupon in the mail for my bday? I just made sure my bday was input onto my registered card, and then I went to Starbucks with my driver's license on my bday.
you get a postcard type voucher in the mail for a free coffee. But expect for it to arrive a month after your actual birthday. that's what seems to happening with most of us at the moment.
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1371 posts
658 upvotes
North York
Dash wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 11:54 am
you get a postcard type voucher in the mail for a free coffee. But expect for it to arrive a month after your actual birthday. that's what seems to happening with most of us at the moment.
Same here! Do we still get to use the coupon then? It's a free drink so hopefully they'll still honour it even though it's a month after the b-day...hahaha.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
118 upvotes
Aritzia wrote:
Oct 21st, 2009 12:05 pm
Same here! Do we still get to use the coupon then? It's a free drink so hopefully they'll still honour it even though it's a month after the b-day...hahaha.
yes, the expiration date will usually give you about 10-15 days to use it. i got the card on monday and i have until the 31st of october to use it.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2161 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
Got a response from Starbucks about not receiving the card. Here's part of what they wrote:
In regards to your inquiry, you should receive your Starbucks Card Rewards birthday beverage postcard within 30 days before or after your birthday depending on when you registered and our mailing schedule. We recently mailed the first round of birthday postcards, which covers all customers who signed up prior to September 20, 2009, who had a birthday in August or September.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1764 posts
254 upvotes
I received my card, and redeemed my drink.
shawn99 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2009 1:21 pm
picked up a free Vente Pumkinspice with soymilk amazing drink
Great recommendation! I loved it.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3120 posts
253 upvotes
so you don't need your starbucks card when you redeem right? you just give the postcard like a coupon?

Also, it's for any drink any size?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1764 posts
254 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 26th, 2009 2:16 am
so you don't need your starbucks card when you redeem right? you just give the postcard like a coupon?

Also, it's for any drink any size?
I didn't bring my starbucks card to redeem. I gave just them the post card and ordered my free drink. Yes, it was any size of your choice.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4432 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
good that i look at this thread for update. today is my bday, but still no sign of the free coffee coupon. I guess I should not expect to receive it today, but hopefully soon.
Feb 19, 2007
221 posts
7 upvotes
did anyone get the postcard for october birthdays yet? I'm wondering if someone from my family stole mine
Aug 29, 2004
81 posts
1 upvote
little_asian_angel wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 1:15 am
did anyone get the postcard for october birthdays yet? I'm wondering if someone from my family stole mine
My birthday is early Oct, and I still have not received a coupon in the mail.
× < >