Page 1 of 4

Free Team Canada Toque (online pin code) w/ select General Mills Cereal purchase

Posted: Sep 15th, 2013 12:24 pm
by nintendo
UPDATE: Toque redemptions are now live! Only 1 token per toque + free shipping! Toques are estimated to arrive 6-8 weeks.

Sobey's ontario has a sale on select GM cereal this week (starting Sept 26) for $2.99 a box so look for specially marked boxes with the toque offer. You can also PM superstore and walmart if you have a copy of the flyer.

=================== original post ====================================

Just bought a box of General Mills® Oatmeal Crisp cereal for about $4.50 and noticed a new promotion printed on the box where you receive a PIN code inside to redeem for a free Team Canada/Olympic toque at http://lifemadedelicious.ca/freetoque/

There are several styles to choose from: a pillsbury doughboy, a honey nut cheerios buzz bee, a lucky charms, and a cinnamon toast crunch toque. I think each one is reversible which shows the canadian maple leaf emblem in case you feel a bit awkward wearing a hat featuring a cereal mascot on it. Personally I think these look cool and would make a nice collectable hat for your kid, nerdy girlfriend/boyfriend, breakfast fanatic, patriotic canadian or sports lover :) Would definitely make a fun stocking stuffer. I like the cinnamon toast crunch one (I thought it was freddie and eddie from Shreddies at first but that's Post®). Though I'm not sure if that drawing shows one of them holding a hockey stick or trying to lick the other cereal :cheesygri

edit: Wow! Looks like he is trying to lick the other cereal! http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/08/cinna ... als-video/

It's hard to tell if the design is printed or embroidered (though hopefully embroidered). Edit: Judging from the new sample closeup pic the designs seem printed on.
Also no mention if shipping is covered but if previous redemption offers are any indication, it should be free. Edit: Shipping is free!

The redemption period starts on September 25 is NOW LIVE, so keep an eye out for sales on specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal:

Cheerios 400g
Honey Nut Cheerios 460g
Multi Grain Cheerios 390g
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios 500g
Chocolate Cheerios 350g
Lucky Charms 330g
Oatmeal Crisp Maple Nut 460g
Oatmeal Crisp Almond 474g
Oatmeal Crisp Vanilla Almond 465g
Oatmeal Crisp Raisin 505g
Reese Puffs 365g
Cinnamon Toast Crunch 380g
Golden Grahams 340g
Hearty Oat Crunch 430g

Terms (as copied from the website)
==========================
Up to a maximum of 330,000 toques available. Offer good while supplies last or until December 31st, 2013, whichever comes first. Toque styles may vary and are subject to availability. General Mills* reserves the right to substitute a toque if necessary. Toques may not be returned or exchanged. Offer has no cash value. Offer is available for Canadian shipping addresses only and is limited to a maximum of five (5) toques per household. One (1) PIN per toque subject to the terms of the offer. PIN cannot be redeemed more than once. Pin Codes can be found on specially marked packages of General Mills* cereals. General Mills* is not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged shipments

Re: Free Team Canada Toque (online pin code) w/ select General Mills Cereal purchase

Posted: Sep 15th, 2013 2:01 pm
by djemzine
Nice find! So only one box of cereal is required? I.e. one pin or is more required?

Re: Free Team Canada Toque (online pin code) w/ select General Mills Cereal purchase

Posted: Sep 15th, 2013 2:12 pm
by nintendo
djemzine wrote:
Sep 15th, 2013 6:01 pm
Nice find! So only one box of cereal is required? I.e. one pin or is more required?

yup it says 1 pin per toque!

Posted: Sep 15th, 2013 3:35 pm
by LegobrandonCP
The Cinnamon Toast toque is cute. I had high hopes for the doughboy, but I don't really like the look of it.

Posted: Sep 16th, 2013 1:20 pm
by Tranceplant
Cool! I have to get a box...

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 2:03 pm
by nintendo
bump! The redemption period is now LIVE! Just ordered the crazy squares toque. Only 1 token code needed per toque (limit 5 toques per household). Free Shipping included!

Sobey's ontario has a sale on select GM cereal this week (starting Sept 26) for $2.99 a box so look for specially marked boxes with the toque offer. You can also PM superstore and walmart if you have a copy of the flyer.

Free Toque with PIN from Specially Marked Boxes of General Mills Cereal

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 3:31 pm
by Kate M
Here's a free toque offer from the team at General Mills! Just look for their specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal. After you get the PIN code from inside the box you can redeem it online and select the design you'd like. There are four cereal-themed designs all with a red and white maple leaf design on the reverse. Your toque will arrive in 6-8 weeks.

The brands associated with this promo are: Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Multi-Grain Cheerios, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Chocolate Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Reese Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, French Toast Crunch, Oatmeal Crisp Almond, Oatmeal Crisp Maple Nut, Oatmeal Crisp Raisin, Oatmeal Crisp Vanilla Almond, Golden Grahams and Honey Nut Cheerios Hearty Oat Crunch. There's a limit of five toques per household and a maximum of 330,000 total toques available. Offer is available for Canadian residents with Canadian shipping addresses only. A full FAQ is here.

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 3:35 pm
by djemzine
Thanks for the update OP!

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 3:41 pm
by bennyxyz
Nice find! Going to pickup 2 @Sobeys...

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 3:43 pm
by xblackdemonx
10 days too late
Repost
Reported

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 3:56 pm
by nintendo
djemzine wrote:
Sep 25th, 2013 7:35 pm
Thanks for the update OP!
No prob :) There were some issues with the redemption page this morning where entering pin and email redirected me to some error page. It has since been corrected, and the form now works. You do get a confirmation screen of the order on the last step (tho I haven't gotten a confirmation email since submitting my order.)
bennyxyz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2013 7:41 pm
Nice find! Going to pickup 2 @Sobeys...
Nice! The flyer showed a pic of Honey Nut Cheerios, but can you please report back which other GM cereal varieties are on sale and if they have the boxes with the toque promo?

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 4:16 pm
by taigong
xblackdemonx wrote:
Sep 25th, 2013 7:43 pm
10 days too late
Repost
Reported
To be fare, today is the first day you can enter your pin. So it's not too late. But, yes, it's a repost.

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 4:38 pm
by jenviea
LegobrandonCP wrote:
Sep 15th, 2013 7:35 pm
The Cinnamon Toast toque is cute. I had high hopes for the doughboy, but I don't really like the look of it.
The Cinnamon Toast is the nicest and even tho' the doughboy design could've been better I'll probably choose Poppin Fresh

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 4:40 pm
by Fantaz
jenviea wrote:
Sep 25th, 2013 8:38 pm
The Cinnamon Toast is the nicest and even tho' the doughboy design could've been better I'll probably choose Poppin Fresh
but Pillsbury Doughboy is so trendy!

Posted: Sep 25th, 2013 6:55 pm
by randomkidx
cinnamon toast crunch toque is worth buying for