Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Free Tim Hortons Coffee When You Use App 3 Times

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 10:15 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
crayola1 wrote: kudos on drinking black. real coffee lover.
Hat tip The Trip to Italy on Netflix.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Nov 30, 2013
512 posts
634 upvotes
NB
This worked once for me but the offer is not appearing again. Has anyone used this 'third order - free coffee' more than once?
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Sep 15, 2016
224 posts
237 upvotes
daviddavieboy wrote: This worked once for me but the offer is not appearing again. Has anyone used this 'third order - free coffee' more than once?
I placed 3 orders, redeemed the free coffee and after my next order the app is showing me correctly that I have 2 more to go for another free coffee.
Try closing your app (Force Close) and opening again, maybe!
May 7, 2017
170 posts
258 upvotes
"Wow that’s quite (unnecessarily) agressive on Tim Hortons part. If you only order coffee that’s a 25% discount! Funny thing is I generally order less when I use the app, not having spent 7 minutes staring at donuts getting hungry. "

It's actually a 33% discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
George1025 wrote: It's actually a 33% discount.
Buying 4 coffees instead of 3 would cost you 33% more. $2 x 3 coffees = $6. $2 / $6 = 33%. However, if you get 4 for the price of 3, that’s a 25% diccout. $2 X 4 coffees = $8. $2 saving / $8 = 25%.

However, under this promotion you can increase the discount by buying 3 cheaper items and then getting a free large coffee. For example $1 donuts, an espresso or a small coffee.
$1 x 3 = $3. Large coffe is $2.09. $2.09/$5.09 = 41% discount. You can’t make more than one mobile order at a time. But you could in theory order 1 donut on 3 separate orders while at Tims (waiting the couple of minutes in between each order as they prepare it/punish you for not tipping).

As long as you don’t leave the store, Starbucks has free refills if you remember to order with the app, bar code or gift card. That’s a 50% discount with one refill, 66% with two refills and 75% off with 3 refills! By the second refill you will wish you had splurged on the Tall instead of the 10 cents cheaper Short, 5% savings notwithstanding.

The above savings are increased slightly in 15% tax jurisdictions like New Brunswick.
Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 7th, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Not sure I understand this, so can I choose to use it through drivethrough and just let them know I preordered and prepaid? I saw the signage in the drivethrough but didn't know if I could do that?
I have the app, have not used it..
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
jackass_ca wrote: Not sure I understand this, so can I choose to use it through drivethrough and just let them know I preordered and prepaid? I saw the signage in the drivethrough but didn't know if I could do that?
I have the app, have not used it..
Yes, they start preparing your order when you arrive at the speaker. Just say mobile pickup and your name. Obviously you aren’t really saving any time if there are cars in front of you. That’s why the curb side pickup being tested at Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City McDonald’s might have an edge in attracting car customers.

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Yes, they start preparing your order when you arrive at the speaker. Just say mobile pickup and your name. Obviously you aren’t really saving any time if there are cars in front of you. That’s why the curb side pickup being tested at Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City McDonald’s might have an edge in attracting car customers.

Wow, how innovative... Not saving any time even if there is no one in front of me, if they aren't making it until I hit the speaker, it'd be easier for me, and easier for them to understand "Large 2 cream" than to say my name and mobile pickup... and I am guaranteed to get it right that way. Why do they make it ahead of time if you are going to run into a pickup counter, but not make it ahead of time if I am doing drivethrough? I will have to try it this week, just so I can get my free coffees. Then it's back to McD's next week for $1 coffee's

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
I used the app to buy iced coffees and it seems they need to get a few kinks out and train their staff a bit.

I wanted ice coffee with no sugar and 3 times they had sugar in it. They just redid them but it created a lot of waste. The app allows for you to add cream or milk and leave sugar at 0, the order that gets printed out refers to ice coffee and has an entry for +cream or +milk and doesn't mention sugar. I'm guessing many employees get confused and make it with sugar anyway and think I just want extra cream?

Anyway, the app works fine for me, but they just need to uniformly train staff in how to read the app orders. I'm sure they will figure it out, it's still new at some locations.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2007
6714 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary
I did a search on the iPhone app store and only found the TimmyMe app. I could not find the new Tim Hortons app. The new app requires IOS 9.1 or later. I have a later version than IOS 9.1.

Anyone else have this problem?
Lottery groups playing Lotto Max & Lotto 649, Mega Millions & Powerball in US, Lotto & Euro Millions in UK
Mario's Lottery Groups Thread - see first post on how to join
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
silverele wrote: I wanted ice coffee with no sugar and 3 times they had sugar in it. They just redid them but it created a lot of waste. The app allows for you to add cream or milk and leave sugar at 0, the order that gets printed out refers to ice coffee and has an entry for +cream or +milk and doesn't mention sugar. I'm guessing many employees get confused and make it with sugar anyway and think I just want extra cream?

Anyway, the app works fine for me, but they just need to uniformly train staff in how to read the app orders. I'm sure they will figure it out, it's still new at some locations.
The customer needs training in this case. For ice coffee, they don’t add sugar because they use a “beverage base” that contains sugar. http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/nu ... llness.php
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
jackass_ca wrote: Why do they make it ahead of time if you are going to run into a pickup counter, but not make it ahead of time if I am doing drivethrough?
Starbucks who has had mobile order for a while had an issue where people were showing up to early for their drinks, crowding the pickup are area and scaring away potential customers.

That really freaked out Tim Hortons franchise owners so they sent corporate back to the me too drawing board in February. The solution they came up with was the estimated time of arrival (eta). They would estimate how long it would take you to get there based on your curent location and mode of transportation (foot or car).

Crowding wasn’t really a problem that needed to be solved for the drive-through as they can quickly prepare your order in the time it takes you to get from the speaker to the pickup window. You shave a few seconds at the window versus with your credit card or change. And if you have a passenger, they can place the mobile order while you drive, saving you time at the speaker.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: Starbucks who has had mobile order for a while had an issue where people were showing up to early for their drinks, crowding the pickup are area and scaring away potential customers.

That really freaked out Tim Hortons franchise owners so they sent corporate back to the me too drawing board in February. The solution they came up with was the estimated time of arrival (eta). They would estimate how long it would take you to get there based on your curent location and mode of transportation (foot or car).

Crowding wasn’t really a problem that needed to be solved for the drive-through as they can quickly prepare your order in the time it takes you to get from the speaker to the pickup window. You shave a few seconds at the window versus with your credit card or change. And if you have a passenger, they can place the mobile order while you drive, saving you time at the speaker.
Yeah, but then, Starbucks customers are a different lot anyhow... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote: The customer needs training in this case. For ice coffee, they don’t add sugar because they use a “beverage base” that contains sugar. http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/nu ... llness.php
The app allows for no sugar though, and they were able to make it without sugar on many occasions. An iced coffee without sugar is what I wanted, so how is it that I need to be trained? I understand it also gets made with a base, but then why have a no sugar option in the app?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
jackass_ca wrote: Yeah, but then, Starbucks customers are a different lot anyhow... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Are they? If you hang out there long enough I think you will realize they cater to all sorts. From the unemployed refill cheapskates, students, the homeless, donuts in a cup Frappuccino fans, drip coffee fans, star promo addicts, milk lovers, single origin 3rd wave snobs...

Tim Hortons is in more rural locations than Starbucks, but in the cities and suburbs I think they are going after the same customers.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
silverele wrote: The app allows for no sugar though, and they were able to make it without sugar on many occasions. An iced coffee without sugar is what I wanted, so how is it that I need to be trained? I understand it also gets made with a base, but then why have a no sugar option in the app?
I don’t work for Tim Hortons, but from what I understand based on the nutrition info, iced coffee at Tim Hortons includes at least 5g of sugar thanks to the “beverage base”. You can add more sugar if you want.

I noticed in the app “sweet syrup” is checked off by default. You can uncheck it. The nutrition guide says the syrup is 0g of sugar, but that seems unlikely.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
MonctonMan wrote: I don’t work for Tim Hortons, but from what I understand based on the nutrition info, iced coffee at Tim Hortons includes at least 5g of sugar thanks to the “beverage base”. You can add more sugar if you want.
Ok, well in that case they probably want a section in their app that allows for clarification of no sugar in a coffee. It gets confusing for those that have dietary restrictions. In person you can just say no sugar, but the app orders are just up in the air for interpretation.

Thanks for reminding me about the syrup section, it's also uncheked so I'm not sure how the orders were read.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
silverele wrote: In person you can just say no sugar, but the app orders are just up in the air for interpretation.
I don’t think they can. A large ice coffee with no sugar added at Tm Hortons is 16g of sugar. The base is presumably mixed in to the coffee, so they can’t serve it without.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/nu ... llness.php

In the summer I stopped going to Tim Hortons and started going to Starbucks because they have cold brew without sugar. Second Cup eliminated their iced coffee and replaced it with their version of cold brew.
Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 7th, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I've been killing this deal recently. a coffee each day on my way to work and the 4th one is free.

I'm at round 2 now....need one more coffee tomorrow and my thursday drink is free.

I ain't hating this deal.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao