[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
crayola1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:16 pm
if timmys want to be aggressive on sales they can maybe try making better tasting coffee again. well all know growing up that timmy's had great coffee once.

that cheap @ss stuff they have been using is one of the reasons sales aren't going so well.
You grew up drinking coffee? I haven’t noticed any coffee taste changes at Tim Hortons. I’ve been drinking their coffee (black) for over 20 years, but by no means exclusively.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Nov 1, 2016
150 posts
97 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:59 pm
You grew up drinking coffee? I haven’t noticed any coffee taste changes at Tim Hortons. I’ve been drinking their coffee (black) for over 20 years, but by no means exclusively.
you are the first person who have told me there hasn't been any taste changes at Timmies. interesting :)
but yes, i do notice the watered down taste. and there was never the option of an original or dark roast to choose from. just a 'coffee'

I guess i am older and have invested in an automatic coffee machine where i can afford to buy premium beans so when i get a timmy or sbux i notice the difference in quality.

to each their own. kudos on drinking black. real coffee lover. i can only do this on certain coffee beans.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
crayola1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:07 pm
I guess i am older and have invested in an automatic coffee machine where i can afford to buy premium beans so when i get a timmy or sbux i notice the difference in quality.
At home I now drink Sobeys store brand robusta based instant coffee (black, no sugar). Not as complex tasting as an Aribica brew, but it has many of the qualities of coffee for much less (and super easy to prepare). As a bonus, any other cup of coffee tastes amazing, including Tim Hortons. :)
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
The line at my work sooo long when it comes to Tims. This will definitely provide incentive to use the app
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
crayola1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:07 pm
kudos on drinking black. real coffee lover.
Hat tip The Trip to Italy on Netflix.
Nov 30, 2013
11 posts
3 upvotes
nb
This worked once for me but the offer is not appearing again. Has anyone used this 'third order - free coffee' more than once?
Sep 15, 2016
57 posts
24 upvotes
daviddavieboy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:11 am
This worked once for me but the offer is not appearing again. Has anyone used this 'third order - free coffee' more than once?
I placed 3 orders, redeemed the free coffee and after my next order the app is showing me correctly that I have 2 more to go for another free coffee.
Try closing your app (Force Close) and opening again, maybe!
May 7, 2017
21 posts
13 upvotes
"Wow that’s quite (unnecessarily) agressive on Tim Hortons part. If you only order coffee that’s a 25% discount! Funny thing is I generally order less when I use the app, not having spent 7 minutes staring at donuts getting hungry. "

It's actually a 33% discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
George1025 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 1:01 pm
It's actually a 33% discount.
Buying 4 coffees instead of 3 would cost you 33% more. $2 x 3 coffees = $6. $2 / $6 = 33%. However, if you get 4 for the price of 3, that’s a 25% diccout. $2 X 4 coffees = $8. $2 saving / $8 = 25%.

However, under this promotion you can increase the discount by buying 3 cheaper items and then getting a free large coffee. For example $1 donuts, an espresso or a small coffee.
$1 x 3 = $3. Large coffe is $2.09. $2.09/$5.09 = 41% discount. You can’t make more than one mobile order at a time. But you could in theory order 1 donut on 3 separate orders while at Tims (waiting the couple of minutes in between each order as they prepare it/punish you for not tipping).

As long as you don’t leave the store, Starbucks has free refills if you remember to order with the app, bar code or gift card. That’s a 50% discount with one refill, 66% with two refills and 75% off with 3 refills! By the second refill you will wish you had splurged on the Tall instead of the 10 cents cheaper Short, 5% savings notwithstanding.

The above savings are increased slightly in 15% tax jurisdictions like New Brunswick.
Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 7th, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9170 posts
1602 upvotes
Not sure I understand this, so can I choose to use it through drivethrough and just let them know I preordered and prepaid? I saw the signage in the drivethrough but didn't know if I could do that?
I have the app, have not used it..
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:23 pm
Not sure I understand this, so can I choose to use it through drivethrough and just let them know I preordered and prepaid? I saw the signage in the drivethrough but didn't know if I could do that?
I have the app, have not used it..
Yes, they start preparing your order when you arrive at the speaker. Just say mobile pickup and your name. Obviously you aren’t really saving any time if there are cars in front of you. That’s why the curb side pickup being tested at Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City McDonald’s might have an edge in attracting car customers.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9170 posts
1602 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:33 pm
Yes, they start preparing your order when you arrive at the speaker. Just say mobile pickup and your name. Obviously you aren’t really saving any time if there are cars in front of you. That’s why the curb side pickup being tested at Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City McDonald’s might have an edge in attracting car customers.

Wow, how innovative... Not saving any time even if there is no one in front of me, if they aren't making it until I hit the speaker, it'd be easier for me, and easier for them to understand "Large 2 cream" than to say my name and mobile pickup... and I am guaranteed to get it right that way. Why do they make it ahead of time if you are going to run into a pickup counter, but not make it ahead of time if I am doing drivethrough? I will have to try it this week, just so I can get my free coffees. Then it's back to McD's next week for $1 coffee's
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Apr 9, 2010
295 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I used the app to buy iced coffees and it seems they need to get a few kinks out and train their staff a bit.

I wanted ice coffee with no sugar and 3 times they had sugar in it. They just redid them but it created a lot of waste. The app allows for you to add cream or milk and leave sugar at 0, the order that gets printed out refers to ice coffee and has an entry for +cream or +milk and doesn't mention sugar. I'm guessing many employees get confused and make it with sugar anyway and think I just want extra cream?

Anyway, the app works fine for me, but they just need to uniformly train staff in how to read the app orders. I'm sure they will figure it out, it's still new at some locations.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
3867 posts
254 upvotes
I did a search on the iPhone app store and only found the TimmyMe app. I could not find the new Tim Hortons app. The new app requires IOS 9.1 or later. I have a later version than IOS 9.1.

Anyone else have this problem?
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread