[Tim Hortons] Free Tim Hortons Coffee When You Use App 3 Times

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:39 pm
Nov 1, 2016
150 posts
97 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:12 pm
Are they? If you hang out there long enough I think you will realize they cater to all sorts. From the unemployed refill cheapskates, students, the homeless, donuts in a cup Frappuccino fans, drip coffee fans, star promo addicts, milk lovers, single origin 3rd wave snobs...

Tim Hortons is in more rural locations than Starbucks, but in the cities and suburbs I think they are going after the same customers.
I am guilty of being the refill cheapskate here. :D but employed. if i have to pay $2.57 for a grande and i can drink it fast enough in my 15 min morning break then i will gladly go to the counter with my app to get a refill on the way back to work. (sbux is the closest to my workplace) it helps me feel less guilty paying for an expensive brew if i got it twice. if someone at my workplace wants a coffee, i can gladly give them my refill if they don't mind. nothing wrong with being a cheapskate and stretching the dollar. i do know what you mean about the other cheapskates who should probably be at home brewing coffee to save $$
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3151 posts
359 upvotes
Wat
Huh? You can get refill at McDonalds?
Nov 18, 2015
575 posts
153 upvotes
Wiseman wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:09 pm
Huh? You can get refill at McDonalds?
Always could. Might depend on the location now but most do
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1769 posts
720 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:56 pm
Wow that’s quite (unnecessarily) agressive on Tim Hortons part. If you only order coffee that’s a 25% discount! Funny thing is I generally order less when I use the app, not having spent 7 minutes staring at donuts getting hungry.

If employees cost $10 an hour they cost $0.17 a minute. I don’t think cashier transactions take more than 30 seconds, especially when using tap to pay. And they can usually optimize their time by pouring the coffee while you fumble with your change or credit card. I guess it is pure waisted time if you order espresso or food instead of drip coffee.

On the other hand the profit margin on coffee is huge, so every lost sale because of customers balking at the long line up can hurt the bottom line.

The app hasn’t helped Starbucks boost sales. 10% now use the app to pre-order but sales were flat last quarter.

The real cost savings would be to illiminate the cashier position during slow times and have one employee devoted exclusively to food and coffee, not having to wash hands between transactions. But obviously we are a long way from that.
The real cost savings would be having a full time robotic, automated assembly line. No wages other than that of the robotics technician and someone dumping in beans into the hopper and refilling the sandwich fillings slots. Kind of like a giant vending machine, and not that far off from TH current model.
Bloody Utopia! And super delicious and nutritious!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
silverele wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 6:37 pm
The question isn't if it exists, it's just how to order it through the app.
https://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/pdf/In ... Canada.pdf

Officially, at Tim Hortons, coffee and ice doesn’t exist. It is considered an off menu item. If and only if the vanilla base and the coffee aren’t pre-mixed, then technically it wouldn’t be required. However, milk, as this site suggests as a replacement, would have just about as much sugar as the vanilla base. https://cottagelife.com/general/7-off-m ... m-hortons/ .

But next time I go I’ll ask for just coffee and ice and see what happens.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Apr 9, 2010
294 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Ask for an iced coffee and say you don't want sugar, I guarantee it's there. It's not complicated anyway. If ice coffee wasn't customizable then on the app they wouldn't put options on there ( i.e. you can't make changes to pumpkin spice lattes on the app because it's set). The pdf doesn't have pumpkin spice lattes either so it doesn't have everything.

I don't understand why you are so insistent that an iced coffee with no sugar is not a thing. I really don't like being talked down to over something so simple. Thanks for telling me that the common drink I've been buying for years can't possibly exist because I'm an idiot. I guess you win, congrats.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
silverele wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:45 pm
Ask for an iced coffee and say you don't want sugar, I guarantee it's there.

I don't understand why you are so insistent that an iced coffee with no sugar is not a thing. I really don't like being talked down to over something so simple. Thanks for telling me that the common drink I've been buying for years can't possibly exist because I'm an idiot. I guess you win, congrats.
You got to ask for no base. And they don’t have a way to punch it in on the computer so you got to hope analog communication works. Doesn’t sound like the base and coffee are pre-mixed though.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
1686 posts
570 upvotes
Prince George
Mario38 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:32 pm
I did a search on the iPhone app store and only found the TimmyMe app. I could not find the new Tim Hortons app. The new app requires IOS 9.1 or later. I have a later version than IOS 9.1.
Did you search on the iPhone, or iPad? If you’re searching from iPad, you have to tap Filter... at the top left and select iPhone apps.

It’s the first result when searching for “Tim Hortons”. Minimum OS is 9.2.
Feb 26, 2012
81 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Just downloaded the app and I don't understand it. If I want to buy 4 coffees and pay for it with the app... Isnt there just a pay option? Do I actually have to order 4 coffees through the app and then go to drive through?

Starbucks has a pay now button... Simple and easy. I don't get this Timmy's app
Aug 7, 2016
89 posts
65 upvotes
Burlington
Yaga187 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:15 am
Just downloaded the app and I don't understand it. If I want to buy 4 coffees and pay for it with the app... Isnt there just a pay option? Do I actually have to order 4 coffees through the app and then go to drive through?

Starbucks has a pay now button... Simple and easy. I don't get this Timmy's app
The Tims app has this too. You have to scroll down on the app and a button will appear on the bottom of the screen that says "Pay now".
Jan 12, 2008
829 posts
139 upvotes
I do agree, Starbucks app is much easier to navigate imo. I've been using the Timmy's app for a few weeks now and can't find the reload amount. Where is it? It seems like it can only reload when you are out of money and at first, it would only allow $10 reload, but today it forced me to reload $5. I tried to change it in the transaction screen but it would not allow it. It's very strange.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15695 posts
4437 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:54 pm

I doubt Honestly Naomi is being honest about her true intentions for this tweet.

nice rack though...i'll give her that.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2007
3867 posts
254 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:07 am
Did you search on the iPhone, or iPad? If you’re searching from iPad, you have to tap Filter... at the top left and select iPhone apps.

It’s the first result when searching for “Tim Hortons”. Minimum OS is 9.2.
I searched on the iPhone. Even though the app advertises it needs OS 9.2, I think the app settings are set to a higher OS version and therefore my phone is being excluded in the search.

I can understand the motivation of app developers to release apps for only later releases of OS. It makes their job of testing the app easier.
The biggest no-fee lottery groups in the world
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3348 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
thefeebster wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:21 am
I've been using the Timmy's app for a few weeks now and can't find the reload amount. Where is it?
Settings (top left). My Balance. Balance Reload Amount.