[Tim Hortons] Free Tim Hortons Coffee When You Use App 3 Times

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3474 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
I couldn’t reload $ via Apple Pay on my iPhone 6 Plus since yesterday, anyone here is experiencing same issue?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1479 posts
221 upvotes
works like a charm! make sure u update the tim hortons app and it says upon launch the free coffee after 3 orders, also u'll see the banner 3/4 way on screen on the app , each time u order it gives u a green checkmark, then after 3rd order, it goes to 'redeem' icon, its 1.19 for one donut, i think each store can set there own prices? or it will vary YMMV , cheapest item u can order using the app is 99c i belive, also i want to get the most expensive free EXTRA large coffeee, anyone know what qualifies?
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1479 posts
221 upvotes
another question is when u load or transfer your tims GC into this tim hortons app, is it a straight transfer where the old tims card is NO LONGER valid or u can still use ur tims GC AND the tims hortons app balance ( ie 'linking'

im thinking its a straight transfer and ur tim card GC will no longer have a balance, i haven't tested it yet
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1829 posts
649 upvotes
Montreal
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:43 am
another question is when u load or transfer your tims GC into this tim hortons app, is it a straight transfer where the old tims card is NO LONGER valid or u can still use ur tims GC AND the tims hortons app balance ( ie 'linking'

im thinking its a straight transfer and ur tim card GC will no longer have a balance, i haven't tested it yet
The verbiage on the app makes it seem like a transfer of funds but it's actually linking. I checked my GC after linking and making purchase on app and remaining balance was still available on GC. Adding GC to app also unlocked a Scan To Pay feature so you can have cashier scan your phone to use linked GC on non-mobile orders as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1479 posts
221 upvotes
mtl-D wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:30 am
The verbiage on the app makes it seem like a transfer of funds but it's actually linking. I checked my GC after linking and making purchase on app and remaining balance was still available on GC. Adding GC to app also unlocked a Scan To Pay feature so you can have cashier scan your phone to use linked GC on non-mobile orders as well.
ah so its linking not a full transfer, i guess thats the better way as u wanna use the GC if ur phone dies or the app crashes!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:14 am
ah so its linking not a full transfer, i guess thats the better way as u wanna use the GC if ur phone dies or the app crashes!
Your funds are still available even if you change phones. I have the app on two different devices and both have the same balance added by credit card.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Assuming it is valid in North York area too. Will test today.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:36 am
its 1.19 for one donut, i think each store can set there own prices? or it will vary YMMV , cheapest item u can order using the app is 99c i belive, also i want to get the most expensive free EXTRA large coffeee, anyone know what qualifies?
Prices are pretty standard across Canada with exceptions in Fort McMurray, Banff and Yellowknife. Alberta and Ontario have instituted premium donuts that now include Boston Cream for $1.19. Others donuts are still 99 cents.

Any size brewed hot or cold coffee (not espresso or French Vanilla) is what you can get for free on your forth purchase. Tap on the i for details.

The menu is dynamic, later in the day you can’t buy just one donut, for example.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
cloudsky wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:27 am
Assuming it is valid in North York area too. Will test today.
Coffee at McDonald’s is a dollar until December 10.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2743 posts
107 upvotes
I should have just gone with McDonald’s, I know Tim’s is generally bad coffee, and I tried the dark roast and it really didn’t help.

Regarding the app, I’m super annoyed it transfered $5 from my credit card, all I wanted was a coffee, now I have balance that I have to use, was there another way of doing this that wouldn’t have resulted in a balance when ordering with the app?
Nov 28, 2013
754 posts
249 upvotes
Quebec
So i don't understand why you can't add the balance to a wallet card on IOS to pay faster, it worked on the old tim horton app
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
Rockstead wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:12 pm
I should have just gone with McDonald’s, I know Tim’s is generally bad coffee, and I tried the dark roast and it really didn’t help.

Regarding the app, I’m super annoyed it transfered $5 from my credit card, all I wanted was a coffee, now I have balance that I have to use, was there another way of doing this that wouldn’t have resulted in a balance when ordering with the app?
Be sure to remove your credit card from settings/balance.

It’s fine that you don’t like Tim Hortons coffee, but calling it “bad” is childish. Like a 20 something that will only drink Budweiser or a teen that won’t drink any cola but Pepsi. They taste slightly different, you have a favourite, fine. Face With Rolling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
ratatapa wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
So i don't understand why you can't add the balance to a wallet card on IOS to pay faster, it worked on the old tim horton app
The “old” TimmyMe app still exists. As others have pointed out if you link your gift card to the new app, you will still have money on the gift card, allowing you to use the Apple Wallet. The new app is for pre-ordering with the Pay Now feature added as an afterthought. To get your free coffee though, you have to pre-order 3 times.
Nov 28, 2013
754 posts
249 upvotes
Quebec
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:52 pm
The “old” TimmyMe app still exists. As others have pointed out if you link your gift card to the new app, you will still have money on the gift card, allowing you to use the Apple Wallet. The new app is for pre-ordering with the Pay Now feature added as an afterthought. To get your free coffee though, you have to pre-order 3 times.
I know but having to deal with 2 apps is dumb