Freebies

[Bell] FREE UNLOCK* For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 - ALL GSM carriers & GALAXY Rugby Bell

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2016 12:12 am
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls

[Bell] FREE UNLOCK* For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 - ALL GSM carriers & GALAXY Rugby Bell

To unlock your Galaxy S3 OR NOTE 2:
Attention S3 users, you need to update your S3 to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean which was released today December 3 by Samsung in order to be able to unlock your phone.

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone

Don't pay high unlocking fee's on eBay! Say no to them with a big smile :D

FAQ:
Q: If I unlock my phone, will it become waterproof?
A: No, you phone's water resistance will not change.

Here are the detailed step by step instructions in order to update the S3 to 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
bizee-bee wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 1:01 am
Hey andriykoua[OP], thanks for your info. I didn't do the unlocking on my own, but rather, I sent the info to my out-of-town son. He said he was able to successfully unlock his Telus S3 phone. The hardest part, as I understand it, was figuring out how to do the upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1., and then to piece together the instructions which you posted, along with those provided by FireAngel here and ryehigh17 here.

For those who don't know what Kies is, or how to use it to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1, and who might also be wondering about piecing all the info together, here is the info I sent to my son:

Son, see this webpage for instructions on how to use get/use Kies to update the S3 to Jellybean 4.1.1
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4 ... irect=true

It says you need to download Kies first, and it is about 300mb. Then you double-click to self-extract and start the installation, on your PC.

Then you have to prep the S3, including plugging in the USB cable to connect the S3 to your PC, and backing up any data, just in case.

Then you have to do the actual upgrade of Android to 4.1.1.

==== continue below, only after you've upgraded to 4.1.1 ====

Next, the Instructions:

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ .....

u should see SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] SHA256_OFF NOT CHANGE, touch SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] and wait

After last step (touch SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] to get:

MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 118640

...wait...

press (Menu -> Back)

PERSO_NV_INIT is processing

then

PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL

Sorry for such a long-winded post. Just thought someone else might find it useful, without having to read through the entire thread.
866 replies
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I can confirm it works on:

Rogers Note 2
Bell Note 2
Bell Galaxy Rugby LTE
Telus Note 2
Wind Mobile Note 2 Thanks Deafmented for confirming this
Mobilicity Note 2 Thanks liveevil for confirming this
Wind Mobile S3
Mobilicity S3 YMMV
Bell S3
Koodo S3
Telus S3
Rogers S3
Apr 25, 2007
821 posts
39 upvotes
Markham
I couldn't get it working :S
I don't have a signature right now, help me think of one? :)
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
seymournexus wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 5:41 am
I couldn't get it working :S
Which phone? Who is it locked to? I tried on S3 locked to Rogers and it's a no go.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1218 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
what about mobilicity/wind?
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Popular wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 6:01 am
what about mobilicity/wind?
Please try it and post back. I don't have Mobi or Wind to test.
May 13, 2012
213 posts
80 upvotes
Edmonton
Just tried on two Telus Galaxy S3 and it didn't work.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Cottoni wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 6:16 am
Just tried on two Telus Galaxy S3 and it didn't work.
So far it worked on Note 2 from Rogers, and it didn't work on Rogers S3 as well :(
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Looks like this trick also works for

THANK YOU for sharing this trick!

It also works with the GALAXY Rugby LTE SGH-I547C locked to Bell Mobility (Canada).
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I've updated Post #2 with the phones that were successfully unlocked using this method.
× < >