Expired Freebies

[Bell] FREE UNLOCK* For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 - ALL GSM carriers & GALAXY Rugby Bell

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 4:45 am
Feb 25, 2009
364 posts
89 upvotes
Hi

Are you guys experiencing any problem with your network after unlocking ?

I just used this method to unlock it few days ago on my bell note 2. But ever since the unlock, I get an error message that pops up that would say "unable to connect to registered network" it would come up at random times. And sometimes I do get disconnected for few seconds as I see a x in the signal bar but sometimes not...

Anyone knows if there are ways to fix this? Or if u are experiencing any similar problem? Thanks
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
oskai wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2012 10:55 pm
Hi

Are you guys experiencing any problem with your network after unlocking ?

I just used this method to unlock it few days ago on my bell note 2. But ever since the unlock, I get an error message that pops up that would say "unable to connect to registered network" it would come up at random times. And sometimes I do get disconnected for few seconds as I see a x in the signal bar but sometimes not...

Anyone knows if there are ways to fix this? Or if u are experiencing any similar problem? Thanks
No issues here
May 23, 2009
723 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
does unlocking a note 2 void warranty? ive been reading up that unlocking bootloader does but is this considered unlocking the bootloader? can someone clear this up for me? thanks
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ProtossCraft wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 3:00 am
does unlocking a note 2 void warranty? ive been reading up that unlocking bootloader does but is this considered unlocking the bootloader? can someone clear this up for me? thanks
This doesn't void your warranty. Your bootloader is still locked
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
How does one force an update?

There's already a Mobi device user reporting that it works, yet I'm not able to get an update for 411 on my Mobi T999? So...how am I supposed to test this lol?
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bubble.tea wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 4:33 pm
How does one force an update?

There's already a Mobi device user reporting that it works, yet I'm not able to get an update for 411 on my Mobi T999? So...how am I supposed to test this lol?
Use Samsung Kies software via your desktop
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
^ I am. That's insulting. cut me a LITTLE more slack.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... ies/69.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... ies/17.gif[/IMG]

moreover, as per a 'real-time' updated page listing all countries & providers with the 4.1.1 update available., MOBILICITY isn't even listed as having an eligible update out. Although Wind is.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bubble.tea wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 5:15 pm
^ I am. That's insulting. cut me a LITTLE more slack.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... ies/69.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... ies/17.gif[/IMG]

moreover, as per a 'real-time' updated page listing all countries & providers with the 4.1.1 update available., MOBILICITY isn't even listed as having an eligible update out. Although Wind is.
Lol,
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18161 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Got it working on my Rogers Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks for the post!
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Update:
FAQ:
Q: If I unlock my phone, will it become waterproof?
A: No, you phone's water resistance will not change.
Sep 12, 2010
120 posts
14 upvotes
Coquitlam
First of all, thanks OP for telling us this trick.

I just reboot my phone and how can I know my phone is unlocked? I don't have other provider's SIM card and I am using Rogers S3
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Iceyflare wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 12:41 am
First of all, thanks OP for telling us this trick.

I just reboot my phone and how can I know my phone is unlocked? I don't have other provider's SIM card and I am using Rogers S3
you need different carriers SIM card to check :) that's the only way of knowing if it has been unlocked!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3541 posts
1319 upvotes
andriykoua wrote:
Dec 4th, 2012 5:41 pm
Use Samsung Kies software via your desktop
Hey andriykoua[OP], thanks for your info. I didn't do the unlocking on my own, but rather, I sent the info to my out-of-town son. He said he was able to successfully unlock his Telus S3 phone. The hardest part, as I understand it, was figuring out how to do the upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1., and then to piece together the instructions which you posted, along with those provided by FireAngel here and ryehigh17 here.

For those who don't know what Kies is, or how to use it to upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.1, and who might also be wondering about piecing all the info together, here is the info I sent to my son:

Son, see this webpage for instructions on how to use get/use Kies to update the S3 to Jellybean 4.1.1
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4 ... irect=true

It says you need to download Kies first, and it is about 300mb. Then you double-click to self-extract and start the installation, on your PC.

Then you have to prep the S3, including plugging in the USB cable to connect the S3 to your PC, and backing up any data, just in case.

Then you have to do the actual upgrade of Android to 4.1.1.

==== continue below, only after you've upgraded to 4.1.1 ====

Next, the Instructions:

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ .....

u should see SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] SHA256_OFF NOT CHANGE, touch SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] and wait

After last step (touch SHA256_ENABLE_FLAG[0] to get:

MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 118640

...wait...

press (Menu -> Back)

PERSO_NV_INIT is processing

then

PERSO_NV_INIT is SUCCESSFUL

Sorry for such a long-winded post. Just thought someone else might find it useful, without having to read through the entire thread.