Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

FREE UNLOCK* For Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 - ALL GSM carriers & GALAXY Rugby Bell

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 4:45 am
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
everyone with S3, lets try this method after we receive our update on Dec 3rd.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
So right now its a dud for S3s in Canada period?
Blanka
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
djemzine wrote: So right now its a dud for S3s in Canada period?
Yes, US only for S3. Hopefully after the update, it will work
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
andriykoua wrote: Yes, US only for S3. Hopefully after the update, it will work
Ah. Could be a Jelly Bean thing.
Blanka
Apr 28, 2004
656 posts
156 upvotes
andriykoua wrote: everyone with S3, lets try this method after we receive our update on Dec 3rd.
What is the S3 update for Dec 3rd? Is this a push update to 4.1.1? Are all carriers doing the update?

BTW, repped for your support. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
ryehigh17 wrote: What is the S3 update for Dec 3rd? Is this a push update to 4.1.1? Are all carriers doing the update?

BTW, repped for your support. Thanks!
No one knows the carriers pushing out JB on Monday. You'll know when you get to Monday lol. Yes its JB 4.1.1 not 4.2
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
1551 posts
163 upvotes
Any luck on koodo s2x?
30% Income Tax, 13% Sales Tax, 2% Health care Premium in Tax, 4% Property Tax, 2% unemployment Premium in Tax, 2% Canada pension Plan, 4% Company pension Plan, 4% RRSP, 2% Drug plan, 2% Insurance Premium, 10% Gas Expense, 3% vehicle insurance, 3% Utilities.Total 81% Mandatory Deductions i am left with 19% to spend at RFD, Beer and Grocery...Do i really Earn for my self? Time for Change, Yes we can and we will in next Election
Apr 28, 2004
656 posts
156 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Ah. Could be a Jelly Bean thing.
Knew that US gets quad core S3 - didn't know that they also got Jelly Bean out of the box.

Damn. That's just salt in the wound.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
So is there like a confirmed message before or after reboot saying its unlocked? Any unlock codes provided or?
Blanka
Jan 12, 2012
64 posts
52 upvotes
Those who are getting error message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" , please enable debugg mode (I guess USB Debugging Option) and then try the number *#.... This worked for my S2X but I don't see any option for Network Lock so this trick won't work for S2X.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, I think the International version of the Note 2 already comes Factory Unlocked, am I right? Mine is still coming in the mail, but when I get it I'll try this unlock trick if it's not already unlocked.
RobShah2012 wrote: Those who are getting error message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" , please enable debugg mode (I guess USB Debugging Option) and then try the number *#.... This worked for my S2X but I don't see any option for Network Lock so this trick won't work for S2X.
You're saying this works on S2X also?!
Jan 12, 2012
64 posts
52 upvotes
Unfortunately not for S2X... but I was able to see initial options in the debug mode....but unable to find network lock in the menu.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: Hmm, I think the International version of the Note 2 already comes Factory Unlocked, am I right? Mine is still coming in the mail, but when I get it I'll try this unlock trick if it's not already unlocked.

You're saying this works on S2X also?!
International versions of the Note II are unlocked by default. Unless stated otherwise.
Blanka
Mar 10, 2012
74 posts
11 upvotes
Coldstream
The steps for S2X were very close to this (one extra menu), but it did not work
Nov 3, 2009
381 posts
56 upvotes
Waterloo
I purchased a Rogers Note 2 secondhand and the person claimed to unlock it.. but I dont currently have a way to test. Is there any danger to entering this code if my phone really was unlocked using a different one?

Thanks in advance, and big thanks to the OP for sharing this!
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: International versions of the Note II are unlocked by default. Unless stated otherwise.
Oh okay, so I'm good then.

Let me know if u guys get it working on S2X, i have a couple phones sitting here that need unlock.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2414 posts
259 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP!

Can anyone tell me: if I were to buy the Rogers Samsung Galaxy Note II, get it unlocked through this method, would I be able to use it on Wind Mobile's network?

Thanks in advance.

~V79~
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Viz79 wrote: Thanks OP!

Can anyone tell me: if I were to buy the Rogers Samsung Galaxy Note II, get it unlocked through this method, would I be able to use it on Wind Mobile's network?

Thanks in advance.

~V79~
No sorry... I don't think so. I'd really hope that was true though.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1726 posts
1894 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
Nathematics wrote: I purchased a Rogers Note 2 secondhand and the person claimed to unlock it.. but I dont currently have a way to test. Is there any danger to entering this code if my phone really was unlocked using a different one?

Thanks in advance, and big thanks to the OP for sharing this!
Grab a friend's SIM and give it a whirl (a friend who is with a different provider than you). I just left Telus so I was able to test with my Telus SIM. It started up and showed Telus at the top.

Good luck!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)