Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

FREE w COUPON?: 2L Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2015 8:05 am
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes

FREE w COUPON?: 2L Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale

Price:
$1.00ea ??
Savings:
-$2 on 2
Expiry:
October 31, 2015
UPDATE: Sept 3rd/August 27th 2015: If you've been saving your July SmartSource coupon(s) (see July 23rd update below), this week's No Frills flyer has "Pepsi soft drinks, 2L, selected varieties = $1.00ea" - with a bottle of Schweppes pictured. Buy 2x Schweppes Dark Ginger Ales, use the coupon, and they're FREE (not including tax). Cases of 12x 355mL cans are also advertised at $3.47ea, with Schweppes pictured - so $1.47/case after coupon. Deal ends Thursday Sept 3rd. Sept 10th.

UPDATE: July 23rd 2015: A new SmartSource coupon flyer is out this week (typically distributed with your local free newspaper & some paid subscription papers) and it may include a coupon for "SAVE $2 when you buy 2x 2L or 1x 12-pack 355mL cans of Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale". Hold on to it, and when Pepsi 2L products go on special for $1 (or less) each, as they occasionally do, buy 2x 2L bottles at that price and use the coupon to get the products free (not including tax). This coupon expires October 31st 2015.
- Discussion of this coupon starts @ [post=23119351]Post #119[/post]

Schweppes in Canada is a brand owned by Canada Dry Mott's, but PepsiCo bottles and distributes it here and is also responsible for Schweppes sales and promotional specials, in conjunction with retailers. That explains why Schweppes products are typically included in PepsiCo promotions - such as a grocery flyer advertising "Pepsi Products, 2L = $1ea", though the actual selection of brands included may be dependent on the retailer chain/store manager and I assume specific territory. Just be aware of that if attempting to price-match, as there is no mention of "PepsiCo" anywhere on Schweppes bottles/cans. Don't expect a cashier to know!

----------
PREVIOUSLY POSTED Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale DEALS, NOW EXPIRED, BELOW:
- UPDATE, April 9TH 2015: see Post #113 for Freshco $0.97 sale on 2L bottles that can be used with the above coupon to get 'free' (+HST) pop! [[post=22156455]link[/post]]
- UPDATE, March 27th 2015: see Post #111 for info on a *NEW* $2-off coupon (when you buy 2x 2L or 1x 12-pack cans) that can potentially be used until coupon expiry of June 20th to get free 2L Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale [[post=22022783]link[/post]]
- UPDATE, Jan 11th UPDATE: **ALL PREVIOUSLY POSTED DEALS ARE DEAD** -- see below for coupon expiry dates
FYI: Stores known to have specifically advertised or carried 2L bottles of Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale:
No Frills, Sobeys, Food Basics, Freshco, Zehrs, Safeway, RCSS (sighted in BC.. no confirmed sightings in ON yet)[/b][/COLOR]
- UPDATE, Jan 8th: $1(or less) sales have expired, so no FREE w coupon deal right now
- UPDATE, Jan 2nd 2015: The No Frills deal is no longer on, but you can currently get Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale for $1 or less at:
-> Sobeys: "Crush, Dr.Pepper, Schweppes Or Mountain Dew Soft Drinks 2 L" is advertised at $1.00 each, for the sales week Friday Jan 2nd - Thu Jan 8th. ("DARK" is pictured),
-> Food Basics [ON]: "Crush, Dr Pepper or Schweppes Ginger Ale 2L = $0.99ea" for sales week Fri Jan 2nd - Thu Jan 8th. ("DARK" is pictured), and
-> Freshco [ON]: "Coca-Cola or Pepsi soft drinks 2L = $0.97ea" for sales week Fri Jan 2nd - Wed Jan 7th (YMMV as Schweppes is not specifically stated).

Original December 2014 post:
There's a new soft drink product from Schweppes called "DARK Ginger Ale".
I've tried it and it's pretty good! My first impression was that it is less fizzy, sweeter and smoother than 'regular' Schweppes Ginger Ale.
EDIT: If you go to [post=20972171]Post #50[/post] in this thread, you can read my head-to-head comparison taste-test results.

A rather poorly written and poorly proof-read press release about the new product was published on December 15th. Newsflash: "bold" and "dark" are flavours (huh?), and both are trending! (double huh?!) : [Source]
Canada Dry Mott's Press Release, Dec 15 2014 wrote:Schweppes introduces new Dark Ginger Ale packed with a darker, richer flavour

TORONTO, Dec. 15, 2014 /CNW/ - Schweppes is providing consumer with more of the great taste they love with the introduction of new Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale. On trend with Canadians passion for bold, dark flavours, Schweppes now provides consumers the option of a darker, richer flavour with a refreshing bolder taste

"Ginger Ale is the number one non-cola flavour segment in the industry," said Carol-Anne Gower, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Canada Dry Mott's. "Our consumers love the refreshing ginger taste, but are always looking to try new things. We saw this as a great opportunity to showcase our unique innovation and tap into this booming flavour trend, giving customers more of what they already love."

Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale can be found in grocery retailers across Canada now in 2L bottles, with a 12-pack of cans joining the line up in early 2015.
Here's the ways you can currently get this product for free:
1. SmartSource $1-OFF coupon + retailer SALE price @ <= $1

SmartSource coupon expiry date is March 31, 2015

originally posted deal-->
No Frills has in their flyer this week [Dec 12th] "Coca-Cola or Pepsi Soft Drinks, 2L = .97 (Save 90¢)", so I went to my local No Frills planning to buy some bottled pop for Christmas entertaining. I noticed that Schweppes 2L products were also priced at $0.97 (Schweppes is owned in Canada by Canada Dry Mott's, a subsidiary of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, *not* Coca-Cola or Pepsi - so the pricing was a surprise).. and I immediately remembered that last week's SmartSource coupon flyer (delivered with my local paper Dec 4th, and also in my Saturday Toronto Star Dec 6th) had a page for "NEW Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale" that included a $1-off coupon that I'd clipped.

$0.97 - $1.00 coupon = ** FREE **. :)

2. Swiss Chalet - w. takeout order of Family Feast[/B]

The same press release also announces a FREE 2L bottle give-away in conjunction with Swiss Chalet. [meal deal link]
[quote="same PR as above"]Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale Gets Festive

The new flavour is also ringing in the holiday season with a festive partnership. For a limited time, customers at Swiss Chalet will receive a free 2L bottle of Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale with a takeout order of the holiday favourite 'Festive Family Feast'.[/quote]

Note: coupon link below is now expired:
3. Websaver.ca "TRY IT FREE" coupon

Websaver coupon expiry date is January 31, 2015

For anyone who didn't get the SmartSource coupon flyer, and actually even for those who did, good news!
[Dec 19th] I just got an email from websaver.ca with a link to a "TRY IT FREE" coupon, so you can try it out any time, whatever the price or retailer [COUPON LINK]

You have to request the coupon to be mailed to you (along with at least 3 other 'Mail' coupons), and registration is required if you are not already a websaver member.

image: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/954/3761899631.jpg
121 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
RenegadeX wrote: Image

No Frills has in their flyer this week "Coca-Cola or Pepsi Soft Drinks, 2L = .97 (Save 90¢)", so I went to my local No Frills today planning to buy some bottled pop for Christmas entertaining. I noticed that Schweppes 2L products were also priced at $0.97 (Schweppes in Canada is *not* a Coca-Cola or Pepsi brand so the pricing was a surprise).. and I immediately remembered that last week's SmartSource coupon flyer (delivered with my local paper, and also in my Saturday Toronto Star) had a page for "NEW Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale" that included a $1-off coupon that I'd clipped.

YMMV as Schweppes 2L products weren't an advertised special.

By the way, the DARK Ginger Ale is pretty good!
I haven't done a head-to-head comparison but I'd say it's less fizzy, sweeter and smoother than regular Schweppes Ginger Ale.
Seen this for the first time today at grocery store. I'm not a fan of regular Schweppes but I like the raspberry one. I'll have to try this dark sometime!
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
How does Dark Ginger Ale taste? Evil?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: How does Dark Ginger Ale taste? Evil?
LOL! :lol:

Only the Sith drink Dark Ginger Ale! The Jedi drink regular Ginger Ale. :D
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
thanks! i have that coupon. might PM it at Target.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46968 posts
9263 upvotes
Did someone say the Sith? *Cue Sith music*
Blanka
Jun 15, 2006
57 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is there anywhere to get this SmartSource coupon flyer?
RenegadeX wrote: Image

No Frills has in their flyer this week "Coca-Cola or Pepsi Soft Drinks, 2L = .97 (Save 90¢)", so I went to my local No Frills today planning to buy some bottled pop for Christmas entertaining. I noticed that Schweppes 2L products were also priced at $0.97 (Schweppes in Canada is *not* a Coca-Cola or Pepsi brand so the pricing was a surprise).. and I immediately remembered that last week's SmartSource coupon flyer (delivered with my local paper, and also in my Saturday Toronto Star) had a page for "NEW Schweppes DARK Ginger Ale" that included a $1-off coupon that I'd clipped.

YMMV as Schweppes 2L products weren't an advertised special.

By the way, the DARK Ginger Ale is pretty good!
I haven't done a head-to-head comparison but I'd say it's less fizzy, sweeter and smoother than regular Schweppes Ginger Ale.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
eoszlak wrote: Is there anywhere to get this SmartSource coupon flyer?
eBay or your neighbour's Blue Box.. if you're lucky.

edit: just checked eBay, and the only edition a seller currently has does not appear to include the Schweppes coupon.
Some coupons in SmartSource coupon magazines are publication/region-specific.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Cool. Thx OP. I clipped the coupon last week and wondered what it tastes like. Now I'll find out for free.
Jun 15, 2006
57 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RenegadeX wrote: eBay or your neighbour's Blue Box.. if you're lucky.

edit: just checked eBay, and the only edition a seller currently has does not appear to include the Schweppes version.
Some coupons are publication/region-specific.
so i see. i just checked ebay as well. i was afraid of that.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: thanks! i have that coupon. might PM it at Target.
You can try but it shouldn't work - see OP for reasons.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1603 posts
2031 upvotes
Vancouver
How do you even PM a coupon? lol
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
Does it taste like Vendors?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2663 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
Sum_guy wrote: Does it taste like Vendors?
I think u mean verners... I'm gonna go try it tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
2160 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is this stuff made with real ginger like Canada Dry?
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
No, not at all. It's more of a cross between ginger ale and a pale ale, if that makes any sense?. Best to try it yourself. It's like dark chocolate vs milk chocolate, deeper flavor...
Sum_guy wrote: Does it taste like Vendors?
Sep 24, 2009
528 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
lol, saved this coupon but had no idea until now where this drink is sold. I hate Schweppes and love Canada Dry so I'm curious to see if this new flavour can measure up... thx for the tip op
all expressed thoughts and opinions are strictly my own
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
HoboEater wrote: How do you even PM a coupon? lol
I believe 'ManCaveGamer' was planning to PM the $0.97 price at Target, but as Schweppes isn't a Coca-Cola or Pepsi product, it should be denied.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)