Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

$40 for 4GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 2:10 pm
526 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3565 posts
1643 upvotes
Brampton
got excited for a moment that public mobile was bringing back THE promo
oh wells, ty for the post though
Apr 18, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Fido offered the same plan last Black Friday, but I missed.
How quiet is the spruce!
Feb 25, 2004
590 posts
274 upvotes
I signed up for freedom but they only have 3g for the iphones ATM so I cancelled and never used it. went to the store and they refunded the transaction.

never received anything from freedom via mail or email not even a bill, next thing I get is a collection notice.

I was going to switch come September as the new Iphone will be compatible (different frequency) but this type of initial interaction left a really bad taste in my mouth. i expect a little more communication than nothing.

Luckily after about an hour on the phone it was dealt with but that was an hour of my time on top of a return visit to the store. They're clearly a discount provider but the service seems all over the place and not normally what you'd get with other carriers. Just glad I didn't have to fight over 30 bucks
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1579 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
Here comes the downvotes!
Nov 10, 2011
59 posts
8 upvotes
MONTR
lumeddfj wrote: Fido offered the same plan last Black Friday, but I missed.
omg... I would have jumped on that! *cry*

Fido/Koodo really has to come out with a nice sub 40$ deal...
Apr 18, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
MooseOllini wrote: omg... I would have jumped on that! *cry*

Fido/Koodo really has to come out with a nice sub 40$ deal...
As I know, Fido has below promo, but the deal is not such hot.
Limited time offer, enjoy a $120 invoice credit when you bring your own phone and activate it on select BYOP plans. You’ll get a sweet credit of $5 on your monthly invoice for the next 24 months1!
How quiet is the spruce!
Sep 7, 2011
245 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
kyfe wrote: I signed up for freedom but they only have 3g for the iphones ATM so I cancelled and never used it. went to the store and they refunded the transaction.

never received anything from freedom via mail or email not even a bill, next thing I get is a collection notice.

I was going to switch come September as the new Iphone will be compatible (different frequency) but this type of initial interaction left a really bad taste in my mouth. i expect a little more communication than nothing.

Luckily after about an hour on the phone it was dealt with but that was an hour of my time on top of a return visit to the store. They're clearly a discount provider but the service seems all over the place and not normally what you'd get with other carriers. Just glad I didn't have to fight over 30 bucks
Only 3G speed ?! There is no freedom at all ............
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
not sure why all the downvotes, $40 for 4gb is a good deal. Yeah some dont like the company but maybe you didnt notice they are in the telecom business. They all can be jerks.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: not sure why all the downvotes, $40 for 4gb is a good deal. Yeah some dont like the company but maybe you didnt notice they are in the telecom business. They all can be jerks.
Because there are better deals out there
May 15, 2007
709 posts
642 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: not sure why all the downvotes, $40 for 4gb is a good deal. Yeah some dont like the company but maybe you didnt notice they are in the telecom business. They all can be jerks.
But Freedom is the jerk with high price.
They do have zone and the price is for 4 GB in-zone (home network) data, instead of the zoomer/fido/koodo ones which is no-zone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
lumeddfj wrote: As I know, Fido has below promo, but the deal is not such hot.
Fido being sneaky. They raised BOYD prices by $10, realized Koodo didn't follow and now Virgin lowered theirs to match Koodo. Fido did the one way that'll guarantee price increase in two years by using a $5 bill credit for 24 months instead. So it'll still be $5 more than previous and guarantee increase in 2 years.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5567 posts
7771 upvotes
Vancouver
And need for very specific phone or two… Also, last time I checked, data was really crappy…

Try Zoomer...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Apr 18, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote: Fido being sneaky. They raised BOYD prices by $10, realized Koodo didn't follow and now Virgin lowered theirs to match Koodo. Fido did the one way that'll guarantee price increase in two years by using a $5 bill credit for 24 months instead. So it'll still be $5 more than previous and guarantee increase in 2 years.
Yup. Fido pays more attention on its internet service.
How quiet is the spruce!
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1325 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
Im bringing my preordered S8+ and for $59 you get 8 gb per month and 1GB roaming.
Graphic Designer
Aug 27, 2011
156 posts
33 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Would I be able to get Fido to match this deal from freedom mobile if I called in?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3157 posts
3303 upvotes
$40 for 4gb is only OK since the signal is not great compared to the other options.

They already did a jerk move on initial release by offering bonus data for only 12 months. Looks like they got smarter this time around by making the promotion period a "lifetime" one.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1765 posts
1663 upvotes
Vancouver
f3riedrice wrote: Would I be able to get Fido to match this deal from freedom mobile if I called in?
They're only offering $50 for 3gb when I chatted with them last week. I ended up porting out to zoomer for their $36 2gb plan and with the $50 referral credit. Still get the same Rogers coverage and reception at a much better price.
Apr 7, 2006
494 posts
622 upvotes
um that $59 8gb/1gb away is actually a pretty decent plan
Nov 26, 2012
349 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
The only "freedom" you get from Freedom Mobile is freedom from your phone, because you never have signal lol.

The Zoomer promo is better IMO. You don't get as much data, but at least you get reception!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)