Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

$40 for 4GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 2:10 pm
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote: The first stage is 256kbps download&128kbps upload then the last stage is 32kbps download and 16kbps upload and me and other customers have asked freedom to change the throttled speeds to usable speeds or make the throttling happen only during congestion after u pass your full speed allotment like the USA Carriers do.
wearysky wrote: Well, in theory email and messenger services (Whatsapp, Viber, etc) should still work at that super crippled speed. But yes, to call it "unlimited" is exceedingly disingenuous.
32/16 kbps is hardly usable in my experience..... PITASS :/
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Tichi wrote: 32/16 kbps is hardly usable in my experience..... PITASS :/
I know I've told them this many times and so have other people.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere50 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Jan 2, 2017
10 posts
How is Freedom Mobile? Looking to switch from Virgin Mobile, right now have it down to either Freedom or Public Mobile. Pretty enticing to get the LTE plan with an S8 or a V20 but the idea of not being tied down to a full 2 year contract with Public is also very attractive since I also have a fully working phone to go with it. Either one I'll be paying significantly less compared to Virgin.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
johnbenedictga wrote: How is Freedom Mobile? Looking to switch from Virgin Mobile, right now have it down to either Freedom or Public Mobile. Pretty enticing to get the LTE plan with an S8 or a V20 but the idea of not being tied down to a full 2 year contract with Public is also very attractive since I also have a fully working phone to go with it. Either one I'll be paying significantly less compared to Virgin.
Freedom mobile is great for me I'm on the LTE ready everywhere 59 plan with free Canada and USA roaming and I have the Samsung Galaxy A5 as my phone. I'm in Edmonton Alberta and I travel to one of the 6 surrounding cities with home coverage sometimes. They just launched LTE here and it's really fast.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere50 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Nov 10, 2013
259 posts
228 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote: Freedom mobile is great for me I'm on the LTE ready everywhere 59 plan with free Canada and USA roaming and I have the Samsung Galaxy A5 as my phone. I'm in Edmonton Alberta and I travel to one of the 6 surrounding cities with home coverage sometimes. They just launched LTE here and it's really fast.
BrandonA586, You remind me of djino, he used to be Wind Mobile loyal customer.
I hope they don't disappoint you like they did to djino and most of us.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
Rakkaus wrote: BrandonA586, You remind me of djino, he used to be Wind Mobile loyal customer.
Agreed he was a diehard for sure. I got offered the Alberta LTE plan via email and as I have just bought two dtek 50 and now the blackberry KEYONE which don't use band 66 my current legacy plan was now boosted by double data promo and 6 months each line 10 bucks (180). So I get 10gb data which the xtra 5gb is already paid for by the recurring 10 bucks per month so it's basically free if I don't go over 10gb ( I wont) This makes up for the fact I can't use LTE for at least a year or two. Their customer service well at least the supervisor I talk too has much improved. My plan is the cross Canada 44 plan (Alberta only). Now LTE is in YEG and YYC it could be a game changer. BTW the suprvisor I spoke to said there are three more towers going up around my area so those niggly spots should vanish
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote: BrandonA586, You remind me of djino, he used to be Wind Mobile loyal customer.
I have been with them since August 15,2014 and havent been disappointed yet or had any problems with them, in fact im cancelling my 12 year old Rogers phone service on or after june26th when my contract ends to carry on with Freedom as my only carrier, i was just giving them 2 more years to do their upgrades so thats why i signed another contract back in june2015
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
keefrto1 wrote: Agreed he was a diehard for sure. I got offered the Alberta LTE plan via email and as I have just bought two dtek 50 and now the blackberry KEYONE which don't use band 66 my current legacy plan was now boosted by double data promo and 6 months each line 10 bucks (180). So I get 10gb data which the xtra 5gb is already paid for by the recurring 10 bucks per month so it's basically free if I don't go over 10gb ( I wont) This makes up for the fact I can't use LTE for at least a year or two. Their customer service well at least the supervisor I talk too has much improved. My plan is the cross Canada 44 plan (Alberta only). Now LTE is in YEG and YYC it could be a game changer. BTW the suprvisor I spoke to said there are three more towers going up around my area so those niggly spots should vanish
im not a diehard customer i just enjoy the services they provide because its fair and affordable and if i was you i would go to the $59 plan that has LTE access and free roaming in canada and the USA, the only reason im staying with freedom is because ive had free roaming in my service since may2015 thanks to the Cross Canada49 plan that was for alberta customers only. If i didnt have free roaming i woldnt be staying with freedom and its a good thing i use my phone a lot because in order to keep the $59 everywhere plan 50% of your usage needs to be on the home network before u go to roam and they monitor u over 90 day periods for this. All i do is use a little over 2GB of data on the first day of my bill cycle and i pay $10 extra for their 3GB data add on so i have 11GB of high speed data on the home network. as far as my texting usage goes thats covered because i like recieving twitter updates by text message and i also get my entire emails sent to me by text message, the talk use will be covered once i cancel rogers and use my Galaxy A5 as my main phone for phone calls.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1564 posts
146 upvotes
I am on Zoomer getting close to six month mark. My understanding was that for $36 they would switch me to unlimited minutes on 2GB. So $45 get you from 2gb to 4gb, or is that any other difference?
max011 wrote: In spite of you being unnecessarily sarcastic, and being here long enuf to find a” Zoomer Loyalty” forum discussion on your own, in this no Blah Blah land, I’ll tell you this much: Zoomer is also offering "loyalty" plans to people after 6 months. For example $45 /4GB plan. Comes with unlimited Canada-wide calling, international text as well etc. So you cannot get it if you are not with Zoomer for 6 months. Unadvertised Zoomer Promo as well.
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
Can't go to 59 plan as it's LTE. Yes it will work with three g as well but the point being it's an LTE plan. Am good with paying 39 per month for what I have
Telus Unlimited 30 5G - Unlimited nationwide talk, text, and 30GB data at 5G speed up to 250Mbps x3 lines at $38 per line and 2 lines with Unltd 150g CAN-US for $38 (yes i have rolling credits!) and 1 home phone lite $20pm.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
keefrto1 wrote: Can't go to 59 plan as it's LTE. Yes it will work with three g as well but the point being it's an LTE plan. Am good with paying 39 per month for what I have
So your not even gonna switch to it for the free roaming which would save money when you go out of the coverage areas
May 24, 2008
759 posts
304 upvotes
Edmonton ish
To be honest with the amount of times I am out in away zone and I would be paying 55 instead of 39 I can deal with the payg. :)
Nov 10, 2013
259 posts
228 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote: I have been with them since August 15,2014 and havent been disappointed yet or had any problems with them, in fact im cancelling my 12 year old Rogers phone service on or after june26th when my contract ends to carry on with Freedom as my only carrier, i was just giving them 2 more years to do their upgrades so thats why i signed another contract back in june2015
most of us were with Wind way longer than you're, I had 7 lines with them for 5 years. I moved all to Public Mobile when they forced me to switch to their $45 LTE plan and I tell you it's a lot better than Wind.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote: most of us were with Wind way longer than you're, I had 7 lines with them for 5 years. I moved all to Public Mobile when they forced me to switch to their $45 LTE plan and I tell you it's a lot better than Wind.
I care about having unlimited data and i get that whether im roaming off the big 3 or on freedoms network and FYI they dont force u to change plans they say on their website that you dont have to change plans, i dont know where your getting the idea that your being forced when that isnt true.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote: I care about having unlimited data and i get that whether im roaming off the big 3 or on freedoms network and FYI they dont force u to change plans they say on their website that you dont have to change plans, i dont know where your getting the idea that your being forced when that isnt true.
Force is not quite the right word. In a way it was a force situation because in order to get the better data performance, a plan change was required.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
will888 wrote: Force is not quite the right word. In a way it was a force situation because in order to get the better data performance, a plan change was required.
yes but you were free to keep your current plan if you wanted to.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
johnbenedictga wrote: How is Freedom Mobile? Looking to switch from Virgin Mobile, right now have it down to either Freedom or Public Mobile. Pretty enticing to get the LTE plan with an S8 or a V20 but the idea of not being tied down to a full 2 year contract with Public is also very attractive since I also have a fully working phone to go with it. Either one I'll be paying significantly less compared to Virgin.
It depends where you're located. If you're in the GTA, just save yourself the heartache and get Public. Outside the GTA Freedom seems to be better.
Nov 10, 2013
259 posts
228 upvotes
BrandonA586 wrote: I care about having unlimited data and i get that whether im roaming off the big 3 or on freedoms network and FYI they dont force u to change plans they say on their website that you dont have to change plans, i dont know where your getting the idea that your being forced when that isnt true.
they didn't force me but i'm sure most of us thought, when they roll out LTE, we wouldn't need to switch our plan.
I think people really need to see their usage and decide if unlimited data/roaming/Canada wide calling is for them and not get services that they don't need.
I don't really travel outside of Ontario even if I do there're apps for that. I'm on WIFI at home and work, the only time I ever need data is when i'm outside and most places offer free WIFI.
I used 2.5 GB in 3 months with PM, so I don't need unlimited data, Canada wide and roaming. I'm here to save money and get the most out of it, if Wind or whoever offers a good deal, I will switch to them.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote: they didn't force me but i'm sure most of us thought, when they roll out LTE, we wouldn't need to switch our plan.
I think people really need to see their usage and decide if unlimited data/roaming/Canada wide calling is for them and not get services that they don't need.
I don't really travel outside of Ontario even if I do there're apps for that. I'm on WIFI at home and work, the only time I ever need data is when i'm outside and most places offer free WIFI.
I used 2.5 GB in 3 months with PM, so I don't need unlimited data, Canada wide and roaming. I'm here to save money and get the most out of it, if Wind or whoever offers a good deal, I will switch to them.
Suit yourself but most people don't like paying high prices for the limited data the big3 offer and the $59 everywhere plan is the best deal freedom has because the data is unlimited with a full speed allotment for roaming and one for the home network and after that you don't get charged and u can use data still where as the big3 scare people by charging expensive overage charges to make it so customers stay within their low data limit. Public mobile might be cheaper for telus but there's no customer service which is a bad thing for most people like me.
Oct 17, 2016
330 posts
82 upvotes
Rakkaus wrote: they didn't force me but i'm sure most of us thought, when they roll out LTE, we wouldn't need to switch our plan.
Your coverage on the $59 everywhere plan is pretty much canada and USA wide because you have roaming included off the bigger networks for free and as long as 50% of your use is on the home network over 3 month periods your able to keep the plan. Its not hard to meet that requirement.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)