Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

$40 for 4GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 2:10 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4734 posts
147 upvotes
Markham/GTA
d1ulove3 wrote: I will stay for this plan right now, Thanks for the heads up.
I see the $14 off is from the 35% F&F promo, but how did you get an additional $5 off?

Also are you able to add Better Together Savings discount on top? (extra $2 to $5 off per line)
Tangerine, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
yoshim wrote: I see the $14 off is from the 35% F&F promo, but how did you get an additional $5 off?

Also are you able to add Better Together Savings discount on top? (extra $2 to $5 off per line)
$5 is from loyalty department, because of having an issue on my wifi calling. I only have one line my two other line is with VirginMobile.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Jul 4, 2015
39 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've been with Wind before, right after they upgraded their Vancouver 3G network, pre-LTE. For the areas of the city I frequented it was quite usable, even at the office (small concrete building). On their $39/5GB plan it was pretty good value. I wouldn't have left if it wasn't for the PM/Fido madness with the $40/4GB subscriber steal-fest.

With their post-LTE network all of the research I've done seems to suggest even coverage and building penetration is better. Shaw seems to be investing in more spectrum, so it'll just get better (we'll see how they do when they get close to capacity of course). The $50 promo seems pretty decent, especially the US data roaming. I think I might switch back!

An F&F code would be amazing... anyone care to PM? Also I remember they used to have a BYOP $5 credit, did they get rid of that? I don't see that anywhere on the site anymore.
Jul 5, 2017
74 posts
23 upvotes
Hi,

Is this a good option to get my mom who drives in and around Mississauga? since she got a new car that has navigation through android or apple play only. Any advise will help. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2574 posts
2827 upvotes
DheerajA585 wrote: Hi,

Is this a good option to get my mom who drives in and around Mississauga? since she got a new car that has navigation through android or apple play only. Any advise will help. Thanks
$40 just for GPS seems pricy, however if she is using it as a phone & gps its not bad. If she only needs the data Fido often (not always) have a 3GB for $15 data only plan which would work great.
If she needs voice too (or its replacing another cell phone plan) this is one of the cheaper voice & data plans available (esp for 6GB of data).
Note Freedom mobile is not the best in terms of reception/coverage.. for Mississauga you should be fine. Just note there are "dead spots" esp in buildings.
Jul 5, 2017
74 posts
23 upvotes
torontokris wrote: $40 just for GPS seems pricy, however if she is using it as a phone & gps its not bad. If she only needs the data Fido often (not always) have a 3GB for $15 data only plan which would work great.
If she needs voice too (or its replacing another cell phone plan) this is one of the cheaper voice & data plans available (esp for 6GB of data).
Note Freedom mobile is not the best in terms of reception/coverage.. for Mississauga you should be fine. Just note there are "dead spots" esp in buildings.
Sorry I wasn't clear in my earlier question. yes she has a basic phone from rogers 25 text messages and 25 mins voice i think. so i guess by your helpful message above. its much clearer for me to switch her to Freedom. Thanks OP