• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2017 11:03 am
[OP]
Aug 29, 2017
322 posts
730 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Everywhere Canada 50 (10GB for $50) [ON, AB, BC]

Freedom Playing Catch-up! Expires December 19
Combine with the FREE Sony Xperia XA1 freedom-mobile-hot-free-sony-xperia-xa1 ... s-2154678/

Big Gig Data + Talk, Everywhere Canada 50
10GB LTE (unlimited, throttled after that)
Unlimited calls to Canada and US
Unlimited Global Text

Away Network:
500MB Away LTE
2400mins to Canada and US
Unlimited Text

Fine Print:
When is the offer available?

The Promo Big Gig Everywhere 50 Canada plan is a promotional plan, available from December 16-19, 2017, with a recurring rate plan charge of $50 per month. This promotional plan is subject to change or cancellation without notice, but if we do so, we will honour the promotion for any customer who qualified prior to the change or cancellation.
Who is Eligible?

The Promo Big Gig Everywhere 50 Canada plan is available for both new and existing customers on either a Pay Before or Pay After line as long as you sign up on, or migrate to this plan during the promotion period.

If you activate your account on the Promo Big Gig Everywhere Canada 50 plan, and then switch plans, you will not be able to return to the Promo Big Gig Everywhere Canada 50 plan.
What restrictions apply to this plan?

a) Plan is available for Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia customers only. Please see our coverage map – and
b) The majority of your usage (data, talk or text) on the Promo Everywhere 50 8GB plan is intended to be used on the Freedom Mobile network. If the majority of your monthly usage of each, or all of, data, talk and text (over 50% within consecutive 90 day periods) occurs on our partner networks in Canada or the U.S., Freedom Mobile reserves the right to terminate your use of the plan and migrate you to a similar plan for use on the Freedom Mobile network, where use on our partner networks in Canada or the U.S. will incur applicable pay-per-use charges.

EDIT: Added Fine Print, [ON, AB, BC]
EDIT: Added link to Sony Xperia XA1 deal
Last edited by BuciMaci on Dec 15th, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Share:
216 replies
Nov 22, 2015
287 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
Didnt Wind have unlimited data?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2724 posts
1065 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Vasilyke wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:11 pm
Didnt Wind have unlimited data?
Still is its throttled though a lot slower.
---
Koodo Long Term Customer!
Self Employed: Youtube, Sites, Server Administrator, and more. I enjoy just getting my hands on anything if I can do it from home.
Enjoyments: ATVing, Northern Living, Online Shopping, Being Social Active.
Aug 4, 2007
404 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
BuciMaci wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:08 pm
Freedom Playing Catch-up! Expires December 19

Big Gig Data + Talk, Everywhere Canada 50
10GB LTE (unlimited, throttled after that)
Unlimited calls to Canada and US
Unlimited Global Text

Away Network:
500MB Away LTE
2400mins to Canada and US
Unlimited Text
What catch up are you talking about!? They've had this plan since October! Big 3 and their budget brands are the ones who's catching up! And for an extra $15/month ×24 you can get iPhone 8.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1956 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
The quoted plan is $60/month regular price. The wife got the $50 everywhere which is $50 with 5GB. Will definitely try to switch to this tomorrow.
--------------------------------------
slavka012 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2014 4:52 pm
.Net development is not IT. IT relates to maintenance of infrastructure, not development.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2017
322 posts
730 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:26 pm
What catch up are you talking about!? They've had this plan since October! Big 3 and their budget brands are the ones who's catching up! And for an extra $15/month ×24 you can get iPhone 8.
It wouldn't be offered only from Dec 16 to 19 if it were the same plan.
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do."― John Ruskin
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
4578 posts
2093 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:26 pm
It is $10 cheaper now since nobody is going to sign up with Freedom Mobile at the same price.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1820 posts
898 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe time to return my iPhone X (within 15 days) then get a new iPhone X from Apple store and decide which network to go on...
Jan 8, 2009
137 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond
Only if they have $450 off like Koodo and Fido on large tabs for the Pixel 2 XL. That would be flaming hot and I would camp out to make the switch.
Aug 22, 2011
121 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this plan offered for only 2 years like the Rogers/Fido deal?
Jun 1, 2008
679 posts
203 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I rather get the Promo 50 8 GB with the 1 GB Canada US Roaming. Not a bad plan though. I wonder if the $200 BYOP service credit is stackable on this plan if so it would be $40 for 20 months.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2078 posts
1495 upvotes
Calgary
"Everywhere Canada" is a bad joke when I can't get any signal in an established 40 year old Calgary neighbourhood.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1820 posts
898 upvotes
Vancouver
Assuming this stacks with $200 bring your own device, anyone like me who got an iPhone X might end up returning their iPhone cause I know I’m considering it.

Save $240 over 24 months for phone plan
Save $200 over 20 months for bring you own device

That’s $440 vs $359 on top of not being locked in at fm for 2 years. Think I’ll leverage this fact tomorrow or just return my iPhone X.

Edit - ironic thing is I wouldn’t consider return it if they didn’t offer this promo so they might end up with a used iPhone X due to their own promo and maybe lose a customer (cause I will take a look at Telus if I return and see what else they might offer)
Last edited by Paigne on Dec 15th, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2017
27 posts
7 upvotes
what network does this use?

Also....i live in Regina. And coverage show's "AWAY - partner networks" . What does that actually mean?
Aug 4, 2007
404 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
plummer6699 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:08 pm
what network does this use?
Their own. For roaming n Canada - Robbers, USA - AT&T.