Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Freedom $10 1GB add a line deal

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2020 4:26 pm
Sep 13, 2013
42 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
casperr wrote: Your main line is postpaid or prepaid?
Main line is post paid. The billing cycle date is not the same as the Autopay date it seems.
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: You don't seem to have digital discount on your Prepaid line, you will be seeing $15+tax as your monthly bill.
Checking my account it seems that it will be charged $10+tax each month.
For March it says $0 and my current balance says $10. Last night it showed $0 balance after activation.
IMG_1523.jpg
buhfellow wrote: If we go over the 1GB data allowance, is data still accessible but throttled?
Comparing this to my previous Prepaid line, the details listed for the plans are the same wording.
For my previous plan, I was able to access unlimited throttled data after my 250mb was used up and my balance was $0.
IMG_1524.PNG
IMG_1414.PNG
Apr 27, 2011
430 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote: According to others in the thread, data is throttled if it's post-paid but stopped if it's pre-paid.
Not exactly. all prepaid plan listed here: https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/prepaid-plans, which have nationwide data, the data will stopped after limit.

For other prepaid plans, which can choose postpaid for the same plan, the data will be throttled after limit.

Check their fair usage policy here: https://www.freedommobile.ca/docs/defau ... policy.pdf

"For prepaid plans that are only accessible with the prepaid payment type, to have access to data or to continue to have access to
data beyond your selected plan’s full speed data allotment, you must purchase a data add-on and/or data package.".
Feb 7, 2019
30 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the feedback.
Is the $10 supplementary line plan for postpaid for prepaid?
I thought the plan is for someone with a new/existing postpaid line to add on?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7344 posts
848 upvotes
TO
Great deal for freedom customers, and if you're in GTA and vicity/burbs core area - we were around collingwood/orangeville/blue mountains and had virtually NO signal/connection whatsoever with freedom, off-course they don't have zones/coverage I suppose in that area.
Just putting it out there -
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Feb 7, 2019
30 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
TorontoEh wrote: Great deal for freedom customers, and if you're in GTA and vicity/burbs core area - we were around collingwood/orangeville/blue mountains and had virtually NO signal/connection whatsoever with freedom, off-course they don't have zones/coverage I suppose in that area.
Freedom prepaid = nationwide data
If the add-on deal works for prepaid plans it is even better than postpaid IMO
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5944 posts
2407 upvotes
Aurora
TorontoEh wrote: Great deal for freedom customers, and if you're in GTA and vicity/burbs core area - we were around collingwood/orangeville/blue mountains and had virtually NO signal/connection whatsoever with freedom, off-course they don't have zones/coverage I suppose in that area.
Yeah, , I was at Horseshoe Valley this weekend and had zero service on my Freedom phone. It was an inconvenience but I figure I'm within the Freedom coverage area over 95% of the time so it's something I'm willing to deal with.
Apr 2, 2018
436 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton
mikka2017 wrote: Ot... How do cancel a PM account without porting out. Tia
You don’t have to cancel PM account it’ll be deactivated in 3 months without top up
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3788 posts
4326 upvotes
Vancouver
GSD wrote: Was told that today is the last day for this offer
Very sad if true.... no other provider will have to compete...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Mar 15, 2011
82 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
GSD wrote: Was told that today is the last day for this offer
That would suck!
Some people just got the text today informing them about the deal, seems like a crappy way of promoting something.

I wonder how many people got the text today only or never even got a text.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9632 posts
2409 upvotes
Scarberia
User772911 wrote: You don’t have to cancel PM account it’ll be deactivated in 3 months without top up
So just remove my auto pay and cc info and let it run out huh... I got too many phone accounts.. Trying to purge save $
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3788 posts
4326 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote: So just remove my auto pay and cc info and let it run out huh... I got too many phone accounts.. Trying to purge save $
Any good little plan you have?? Might take it off of you.. :-)
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Dec 25, 2015
521 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
al.sajoo wrote: That would suck!
Some people just got the text today informing them about the deal, seems like a crappy way of promoting something.

I wonder how many people got the text today only or never even got a text.
i just got the text yesterday and signed up at end of december.
Dec 3, 2009
211 posts
48 upvotes
Burlington
If anyone gets this deal today please update thread. Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1571 posts
548 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
azmazm wrote: i just got the text yesterday and signed up at end of december.
The last promotional text I've received from Freedom Mobile was November 30th. I'm opt-in for promotions, but I find most promotions they wait to the last minute or never send a notification at all. For example, when it is a promotion on phones, they will only send out the announcement after every phone I could want is out of stock.
Mar 15, 2011
82 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Hello, I used the online chat and asked if it was still valid today.

the answer was

Kiana at 10:53, Feb 19:
Yes it is still available today