Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

[HOT] FREE LG G Pad IV 8.0 (with 4GB Tablet $15 Plan) - It's Back!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2018 11:13 pm
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] [HOT] FREE LG G Pad IV 8.0 (with 4GB Tablet $15 Plan) - It's Back!

IT'S BACK!

Get the LG G Pad IV only with MyTab along with the exclusive Promo Tablet 15 plan which includes 4GB of full speed data on our LTE network!
https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-and- ... pad-iv-8-0

Terms and Conditions:

ᚖ Promo Tablet 15 Plan
The Promo Tablet 15 plan is a promotional plan, available for a limited time, with a recurring rate plan charge of $15 per month. This promotional plan is subject to change or cancellation without notice. The Promo Tablet 15 plan is available for new and existing customers only when activating a new Pay After line on a two-year agreement along with a $0 LG G Pad IV on MyTab ($300 MyTab) at a participating Freedom Mobile retail location. You will receive an additional 2 gigabytes of data per month (4 gigabytes total) for 24 months on the Freedom Mobile Home network as long as you remain active and in good standing on the Promo Tablet 15 plan. All services are subject to our Terms of Service, Additional MyTab Terms of Service, Fair Usage Policy and Privacy Policy.

FAQ (Based on latest info):

Q1: Does this apply to new customers only or existing?
A1: Both

Q2: Can I use the tablet plan on the phone?
A2: You will be issued a phone number so that the freedom "account" can be registered. "NOTE: The only device that can be used with the Promo Tablet 15 plan is the LG G Pad IV. If any other device gets used with this plan, Freedom Mobile reserves the right to cancel your MyTab and/or move you to the Home 40 plan." Although this is not in the Terms and Conditions, it will be on your account. Freedom has not been known to lock plans to devices and you should still be able to use the plan independent of the G Pad.

Q3: What happens after 4GB?
A4: You will still have data, but throttled. (probably good enough to check email)

Q4: What about outside freedom zone?
A4: Will work, but you will be charged. Best to turn it off if you don't want to incur costs while roaming.

Q5: Can I call or text?
A5: NO. BUT, you can get VoIP and other accounts that allow you to text (e.g. fongo, magicjack, etc.)

Q6: Can I add text or voice?
A5: Go with another plan. NO.

Q7: What if I break the contract (leave before 2-year) early?
A7: You have to pay the pro-rated balance on the LG. ($300 - number of months on contract @ $300/24)

Q8: Does it count towards better together savings (BTS)?
A8: No. (updated)

Q9: Do I need to have a voice plan to sign-up?
A9: No. Unlike Fido, you can have a standalone Tablet plan. (Yes, some on Fido still manage to get a standalone, but that's a different story)

Q10: Will this work in Freedom's hotspots?
A10: Yes!

EDIT: Added Note from Account (Q2)
Last edited by BuciMaci on Dec 22nd, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
46 replies
Jan 17, 2016
427 posts
445 upvotes
Mississauga
I joined last wave, first bill came, no BTS with my another regular phone line.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
How much can you get for the tab on Kijiji
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
Are there any other interesting offers from their competitors?

Is self refer possible?
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Jan 26, 2005
989 posts
109 upvotes
what's the coverage? Is it using Telus network? is it real LTE?
Jun 8, 2015
104 posts
43 upvotes
BC
Does the F&F 35% off code work on this plan?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
maverikbc wrote: Are there any other interesting offers from their competitors?

Is self refer possible?
Fido had (might still be on or be back soon) 3gb for the same price with the same tablet free (bb had $50gc free for a few days too) or $300 for ipad (wireless wave had it for $150-$200). Catch is huge ymmv trying to get it on fido without a phone plan this year.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
helphelp911 wrote: what's the coverage? Is it using Telus network? is it real LTE?
Real LTE but not telus... its own network so hit or miss depending on where you are. Coverage seems to be better than Wind before.
May 13, 2016
161 posts
192 upvotes
GTA
RFDQ1016 wrote: How much can you get for the tab on Kijiji
Why not post here? Last time I needed to sell I met a nice RFDer.
So easy, even I can do it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
While this plan looks temping, I hear the freedom network is not well suited for iPads and is super slow. I’d get this and flip the tablet but don’t know if it’s worth it to be honest

Can anybody comment on using an iPad 4G tablet on the freedom LTE network?
May 12, 2009
21 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
sks8100 wrote: While this plan looks temping, I hear the freedom network is not well suited for iPads and is super slow. I’d get this and flip the tablet but don’t know if it’s worth it to be honest

Can anybody comment on using an iPad 4G tablet on the freedom LTE network?
Where did you read it was an ipad? LTE network is same, no matter whether you use your phone/hotspot/tablet/ipad. It will come down to the speed your device allows. I get 60mbps on freedommobile lte on S8.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
johnvista wrote: Where did you read it was an ipad? LTE network is same, no matter whether you use your phone/hotspot/tablet/ipad. It will come down to the speed your device allows. I get 60mbps on freedommobile lte on S8.
no i mean i want to use it in my iPad. I'll probably sell the LG tab
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
johnvista wrote: Where did you read it was an ipad? LTE network is same, no matter whether you use your phone/hotspot/tablet/ipad. It will come down to the speed your device allows. I get 60mbps on freedommobile lte on S8.
in what location are you getting that speed?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Also if you exceed the 4GB, anybody know what freedom slows the speed down to?
May 12, 2009
21 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
North york and Markham. They have different throttling thresholds. I think after 4gb, the first 1gb will be 1mbps or so, then it will be miserable at around 256kbps.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
This is a hot deal, no doubt, for somebody who needs a decent tablet and 4gb cell data.

I'm no longer interested, because, compare to churnable phones (links below for threads), this isn't as hot as them. I already have 10gb, and I don't need a new tablet, so I'll pass this time. I know tablet market is a lot smaller than phones, but I believe we get hotter deals eventually. Thanks anyway, OP.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/tms-virg ... n-2154654/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/tms-virg ... #p28701926
tms-lg-q6-bell-2157022/
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
chengfast wrote: Does the F&F 35% off code work on this plan?
Possibly, but you get such a small discount: 35% out of $15. It'll be a much better deal on using it for 10gb/$50, of course, unless you have multiple F&F codes.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: Possibly, but you get such a small discount: 35% out of $15. It'll be a much better deal on using it for 10gb/$50, of course, unless you have multiple F&F codes.
F&F does not work for this deal. I tried today
Nov 20, 2003
138 posts
12 upvotes
So I noticed this in My Account under this plan:
"NOTE: The only device that can be used with the Promo Tablet 15 plan is the LG G Pad IV. If any other device gets used with this plan, Freedom Mobile reserves the right to cancel your MyTab and/or move you to the Home 40 plan."
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
LittleStone wrote: So I noticed this in My Account under this plan:
"NOTE: The only device that can be used with the Promo Tablet 15 plan is the LG G Pad IV. If any other device gets used with this plan, Freedom Mobile reserves the right to cancel your MyTab and/or move you to the Home 40 plan."
Yeah that’s a deal breaker for me. Super annoying they would do that