Hot Deals

Locked: [Freedom Mobile] iPhone 8/8+/X starting at $0 Plus $15+/mo MyTab Boost for 24 months on current $50+ plans*, sales start Dec 8th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 9:20 pm
Nov 11, 2006
347 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fluidmax wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:39 pm
Or you could simply talk to a supervisor after you sign up and get it as well. Like my friend did the other day. The code is in the system .. At their own discretion.
Calling in after signing up is a huge YMMV. And I didn't want to leave my Koodo $48 6GB plan not knowing if I can get this plan at all after signing up. So to avoid all that, I rather get the plan right in the beginning at the store level even if it means i have to drive far to get it.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1308 posts
611 upvotes
Alberta
GZero604 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:47 pm
Calling in after signing up is a huge YMMV. And I didn't want to leave my Koodo $48 6GB plan not knowing if I can get this plan at all after signing up. So to avoid all that, I rather get the plan right in the beginning at the store level even if it means i have to drive far to get it.
Good point.... I was talking about existing customers who wish to jump on the old every where 50 plan.
May 11, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
fortune88 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:20 pm
Thanks for sharing. That's awesome if I can get that plan.
Gzero I'm in vancouver. would you mind sharing which store? wonder the one close to point roberts would do it?
Sep 22, 2007
61 posts
17 upvotes
I agree with everything you said. Just wanted to add that each line on an account requires its own code.
fluidmax wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:50 am
The F&F code is good for life of the account(as long as you switch between in market plans at the time of the switch). Whoever told you otherwise is incorrect.

When in doubt....talk to a English speaking supervisor

Everywhere 50 8GB is still in the billing system and if you are lucky you can talk to a supervisor and have it applied to your account but it is extremely YMMV.

In market plan is any plan that they are currently offering.

The code is not locked to the plan. It is saved in a desperate area on your account which is why you will not see it on your bill online nor will you be able to verify if it is on your account without FM employee verifying it for you over the phone. The code will stay...trust me
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1308 posts
611 upvotes
Alberta
drceo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:01 am
I agree with everything you said. Just wanted to add that each line on an account requires its own code.
Ya for sure...each code is only good for one line. F&F code with mutiline discount is like a wet dream to a deal Hunter.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
3863 posts
204 upvotes
Calgary
fluidmax wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:35 am
Ya for sure...each code is only good for one line. F&F code with mutiline discount is like a wet dream to a deal Hunter.
I have two lines, both with F&F discount, along with the better together savings discount too, isn't what I have standard fare or did I get lucky?
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Dec 25, 2013
118 posts
68 upvotes
Brampton
Can someone please help me out. I really want to upgrade my phone but confused as to what I have to do to. I've been a customer with Wind since 2014. My plan is posted below. Is there anything you guys recommend I do or can do to get a phone out of this?

https://imgur.com/a/NSScy
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Aug 11, 2007
62 posts
16 upvotes
GVR
GZero604 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:18 pm
Actually it is a current in market plan in SELECT markets but it's not a publicly advertised plan. The select markets are cities near the USA border. And only a couple stores that are located near the USA border are able to sign you up for it and ONLY if you ask for it. I probably called every Freedom Mobile stores that are located near the border and found one that was able to do it. Some stores did mention that the corporate stores are able to give you the plan on a new activation. But when I called them to ask about it, they said they are not able to do it. So today I finally had some time to go to the one of the border store and get the plan. Definitely worth the 2 hour round trip drive to go get it hahaha Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I'd be interested to know which store as well. Was it pretty easy to get the 8gb or did you have to go back and forth with them?
Dec 4, 2007
639 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry if it's asked before.. but is it possible to combine F&F, BYOP (-$10/month for 20 months) and multi line discount?

So a $50 plan with 2 lines would be theoretically $32.50 - $10 - $2 = $20.50/month/line?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3808 posts
660 upvotes
Brampton ON
silverferrari wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:06 am
Sorry if it's asked before.. but is it possible to combine F&F, BYOP (-$10/month for 20 months) and multi line discount?

So a $50 plan with 2 lines would be theoretically $32.50 - $10 - $2 = $20.50/month/line?
When I activate new line with F&F in the store I ask the CSR if they can add byop credit they told me only one cannot combine with any promo. Then next day called 611 ask for byop credit csr put me on hold to confirm if it can be added came back Yes can be added, still waiting for the billing for confirmation.
Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

Feb 25, 2014
639 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
aurasphere wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:48 am
Can someone please help me out. I really want to upgrade my phone but confused as to what I have to do to. I've been a customer with Wind since 2014. My plan is posted below. Is there anything you guys recommend I do or can do to get a phone out of this?

Just go to a store and talk to someone.
Oct 20, 2006
63 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
d1ulove3 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:17 am
When I activate new line with F&F in the store I ask the CSR if they can add byop credit they told me only one cannot combine with any promo. Then next day called 611 ask for byop credit csr put me on hold to confirm if it can be added came back Yes can be added, still waiting for the billing for confirmation.
Just got my bill, can confirm that both F&F and BYOD were on there
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1308 posts
611 upvotes
Alberta
plucky duck wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:46 am
I have two lines, both with F&F discount, along with the better together savings discount too, isn't what I have standard fare or did I get lucky?
In the T&C ... Better together discount is allowed to be used together with the F&F discount. Might not be applied to the first bill but will eventually.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1308 posts
611 upvotes
Alberta
aurasphere wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:48 am

You are on a legacy plan ... Upgrade to a new plan and get a new phone and you are good to go. Or you can wait until January with all these new sign ups ... You will get lots of "lightly used" iPhones soon enough to pop up in the hardware upgrade store.
Nov 3, 2012
159 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
C-Bacon wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:24 am
Just got my bill, can confirm that both F&F and BYOD were on there
Can we get an IPhone and still get the BYOD discount?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)