Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] LAST DAY Aug 26!! Freedom $55 for 20GB LTE and iPhone XR/Galaxy S10e + 100k PCO Points (Rogers/Fido Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 6:06 pm
Oct 27, 2014
21 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So far so excellent in Vancouver. I didn't have a single drop of service. Have signal in the elevator and the garage in my building. Went for a trip to Penticton and Osoyoos, had google maps and connection the whole time (no 5 hwy). Switched to roaming of course, but with 2 GB of data I had internet the for the whole 5 day trip. Made calls as well, excellent sound quality. Text messages are sent / arrive right away. Not a single complaint. (Samsung s10e - best phone there is for money - or should I say no money ;).

Now, I do believe that phones matter a lot in regards to experience with Freedom. 2 family members are on the same plan with Freedom, on LG G5 and LG G6. I send them both a text message while all 3 of us were in the same room in Burnaby.. one phone received it after few seconds (G6), while the other took 10+ minutes. Tested it few times with the same results. Went to Freedom store but someone clueless was working, so we will see again some other time. That LG 5 phone has issues with late messages, frequent dropping of connection where the signal is not strong (elevators / garages), and extremely long re-connection to service times @ 5-10 min.

I am however really happy with a free Samsung s10e, amazing phone.. and the Freedom service has been exceptional for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1241 upvotes
Got my first bill and of course discount is not there

Was charged 1.5 months (one month plus prorated from when I ported in) @ regular price $75/mth

Those clowns now say need to pay 1+ month of regular price and discount will be applied next billing cycle

Well, they did it, worse billing practice and methodology than Rogers/bell
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
Did you call in? Were they able to confirm that you would for sure get the deal next month or did they still have someone confirm it in their "backend"?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1241 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 9:35 pm
Did you call in? Were they able to confirm that you would for sure get the deal next month or did they still have someone confirm it in their "backend"?
I called in again and this rep said it's not there and nothing csr can do. Asked me to go back to the store or email back office. I emailed back office and auto response says 3-5 business day for reply. I'm going to return it on weekend before my 15 day is up

The service was iffy already but their terrible customer service (makes Rogers/bell seem amazing) and abusive billing (told just pay 1.5 month regular price). They pro rate the usage which is fine but said won't do it for discount or device subsidy (prorate)
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
Yeah, I think I will return it too.

Were you a Freedom customer before and did the Fido prepaid?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1241 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
Sep 5th, 2019 11:33 pm
Yeah, I think I will return it too.

Were you a Freedom customer before and did the Fido prepaid?
Nope, was a Rogers customer and ported over
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
I called in because it wasn't on the bill and was told that I was definitely still going to get it after the first month and was even given a confirmation number for the discount.

So before cancelling, give them a call and ask for them to confirm you've been given the discount.

I know having to pay one month sucks but in the end it's $20 more to save $20/month for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1241 upvotes
Badrush wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 10:43 am
I called in because it wasn't on the bill and was told that I was definitely still going to get it after the first month and was even given a confirmation number for the discount.

So before cancelling, give them a call and ask for them to confirm you've been given the discount.

I know having to pay one month sucks but in the end it's $20 more to save $20/month for 2 years.
The first csr also said it's definitely on there and "guarantee" will be on next bill despite terms and conditions saying it'll be added within 2 weeks

Then the next two csr said it's not there and that I need to go back to the store and email back office respectively as this promo is done at signup and applied by back office so no phone or chat csr has access to it

The csr are full of crap and have no idea what they're talking about .
Dec 16, 2017
104 posts
153 upvotes
I just got my first bill which includes the first prorated month of service and the 2nd full month of service on the same bill, and they did not apply the monthly plan credit to the first prorated month. So annoying.
Jan 11, 2002
976 posts
334 upvotes
Midland
Sashabernadr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 7:26 am
I just got my first bill which includes the first prorated month of service and the 2nd full month of service on the same bill, and they did not apply the monthly plan credit to the first prorated month. So annoying.
Did you get a F&F code? Your profile should show the discount type.
Dec 16, 2017
104 posts
153 upvotes
No I’m on the $55 port in plan. It’s a $20 credit on the 2nd month and no credit for the 1st month. There’s also a $5 digital credit that appeared on both months.
Aug 23, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Also got a plan with this promo and got my bill today which had only 5$ off from both months. Called in, was told that the discount will appear on my next bill IF I HAVE IT. The clerk could not confirm that I had any discount or whatsoever. That is really frustrating.

UPD: Called in for a second time and was put on hold a couple of time and was told that I will get a call back in a couple of hours. Got a call back. The assistant said that the promo will be activated in a week and she did it manually (Why? If it should be already activated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). She also gave me an activation code so If I won't get a discount, I can call back and refer to this number.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1637 posts
1241 upvotes
Sashabernadr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:12 am
No I’m on the $55 port in plan. It’s a $20 credit on the 2nd month and no credit for the 1st month. There’s also a $5 digital credit that appeared on both months.
The $20 credit is supposed to show up within 14 days as per their terms and conditions

Don't let the absolute useless and incompetent CSR tell you otherwise. They just want to get rid of you and end your call/chat

Freedom has terrible customer service
Aug 17, 2008
555 posts
198 upvotes
SASKATOON
StatsGuy wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 6:28 pm
The $20 credit is supposed to show up within 14 days as per their terms and conditions

Don't let the absolute useless and incompetent CSR tell you otherwise. They just want to get rid of you and end your call/chat

Freedom has terrible customer service

That’s putting it lightly. I don’t understand why there wasn’t more feedback on the internets about their terrible customer service.
I originally signed up with a F&F discount and a day later the port promotion came out. I asked to switch to the new promotion during my 14 days and they said they would apply it. Now that I am outside of that 14 days, they are saying they won’t apply it. These guys are worst than Rogers for customer service. Anybody else in my situation actually about to switch to the porting promotion during their 14 day period? It’s only a 5$ difference but if I was told I wasn’t eligible I would have just canceled and signed up again. What a terrible start for a new customer.
Feb 8, 2009
15 posts
6 upvotes
I got my second bill and I never got the $20 discount so I'm still being charged $75 for the plan.

I had called during the 2 week (after I got my first bill) and the CSR explicitly confirmed I was already approved for the discount and that it would show up on my second bill and even gave me a reference number. So I wonder if they just flat out lied to me. Otherwise I was going to return the phone during the 15 day return period.

Now I'm going to have to call them and make them listen to the original call I think. This is going to be a battle because I know they'll give me every excuse in the book.