Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

LG G6 $710 off - $0 upfront + $10/month for 24 months

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2018 7:02 pm
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
regnard wrote: Freedom Mobile has the LG G6 for $0 upfront and $10/month Tab Boost for 24 months. You'll be paying $240 (before taxes) for a 2017 flagship phone-- not bad.
Is there any other fees if you cancel. or just the $240?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
juggie wrote: Is there any other fees if you cancel. or just the $240?
You have to pay $710 for the phone if you cancel. This deal is extremely deceptive. You are essentially signing a 2 year contract with Freedom mobile.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
semi hot if u combine ff35 code! this phone beats the sony ultra a1? aside from the bootloops lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
MrGroot wrote: I keep seeing hot deals from FM, but I also keep hearing that their reception is "best to avoid" with very limited coverage and slow internet speed. Considering this, wouldn't the deal(s) be less hot (or even cold) when it comes to signing a 2-year contract? Since you will be stuck with poor reception for 24 months!
It depends on price vs performance ultimately

The coverage still sucks
Period
No way to argue against it

But even I switched over since plans are just too cheap at this point
I'm willing to live with a few dropped calls

(Also note data is FAR superior to voice on Freedom network; so if you don't talk much or don't care about missed calls going to voice mail and not getting delivered for 3 hours later it can be useable)

Anyone who says things like "test the network" do not travel much though since dead zones are literally everywhere in GTA
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
The price is good for G6 that comes LTE, WiFi calling. iPhone may support wifi calling later this year.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Broke my screen yesterday on my G6, never busted one before. Still have a year left in my contract so I am just starting to look at options of repair/replace or look elsewhere.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
MrGroot wrote: I keep seeing hot deals from FM, but I also keep hearing that their reception is "best to avoid" with very limited coverage and slow internet speed. Considering this, wouldn't the deal(s) be less hot (or even cold) when it comes to signing a 2-year contract? Since you will be stuck with poor reception for 24 months!
If you are inside a meta city, you should be fine. Basically the city people are ok with the reception and love the deal/prices. The country people hates it.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Dec 29, 2013
238 posts
68 upvotes
Markham
Do I have to get a plan or can I just sign a contract and just pay off the tab?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
SickBeast wrote: If you guys are happy with Freedom Mobile I guess this is a good deal. Otherwise I don't like the thought of being trapped into their network for two years just to get this deal as a new customer. I would be quite wary of this, personally. $710 is an outrageous price to pay for this phone if you had to cancel for any reason.
As I said FM is working well for us, as we don't move around Canada that much, and for a 35% off with premium phone tough to beat.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
DarkReaper wrote: I have the LG G6 since day 1, and for $240, that's not a bad price. It's certainly not a high end phone, when compared to the rest, but it easily beats all the midrange phones in this price range.

Has a great camera when used with the Google Camera HDR APK.
Is it better than the stock camera and is it something you can just download from Play Store? Didn't see it. I like the camera, but find it frustratingly slow, want a sport mode and if I can upgrade the images produced all the better.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2287 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: Is it better than the stock camera and is it something you can just download from Play Store? Didn't see it. I like the camera, but find it frustratingly slow, want a sport mode and if I can upgrade the images produced all the better.
It is better than the stock camera, as it does not apply a harsh sharpening filter. Not an official Play Store app. Can be gotten here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg6/comments/ ... lable_and/

I find the camera really fast. It's only slow when HDR is enabled.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Broke my screen yesterday on my G6, never busted one before. Still have a year left in my contract so I am just starting to look at options of repair/replace or look elsewhere.
Were you using a case? How did it happen? The G6 is supposed to be quite durable.
Dec 22, 2001
456 posts
225 upvotes
regnard wrote: Freedom Mobile has the LG G6 for $0 upfront and $10/month Tab Boost for 24 months. You'll be paying $240 (before taxes) for a 2017 flagship phone-- not bad.
Technically you'll be paying $240 for the phone. But you'll be missing out on the BYOD plans that freedom offer. Right now you can get $10 off per month for 20 months. Since you'll be missing out on saving $200 over 20 months by getting a phone through freedom, the phone would 'really' cost about $440.

Just my $0.02
Jul 12, 2017
52 posts
24 upvotes
Am I wrong in reading that this only applies if you have a $50+ monthly plan? If not, it's be great to have that added to the original post by OP.
Jan 10, 2016
46 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I keep my current plan (30$/month) with this deal?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1997 posts
1190 upvotes
Regina
DarkReaper wrote: I have the LG G6 since day 1, and for $240, that's not a bad price. It's certainly not a high end phone, when compared to the rest, but it easily beats all the midrange phones in this price range.

I also own tne LG G6 thephone is a high end phone. What makes it not?
Has a great camera when used with the Google Camera HDR APK.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2287 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto
waloshin wrote:
CPU was already outdated at launch and camera is great, but still inferior to its competitors such as the Pixel.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote: CPU was already outdated at launch and camera is great, but still inferior to its competitors such as the Pixel.
The Pixel costs three times as much and doesn't include the dual cameras. The design of the G6 is nicer also. There have been comparisons done that show there is no real world difference in terms of performance between the 835 and the 821 processors. They both have the same single threaded performance which is what matters most.
Jun 22, 2003
378 posts
180 upvotes
Oakville
Got one for my wife (she is on PM). I have promo 50$ plan (one with 1GB roaming) + 35% f&f..

I travel to US often, so $32.50 plan that works great for me and not planning on leaving anytime soon. I've been with freedom (wind) since 2010.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
SickBeast wrote: Were you using a case? How did it happen? The G6 is supposed to be quite durable.
I did have a case on it and still do. It is a hybrid case, rigid frame with rubber fit mold on the inside. It fell 2 feet from my pocket last week, fairly unassuming, but was enough to totally shatter the whole screen. Never damaged a phone and this one is expensive. Up to 300 to fix it. Looking at buying something else used instead.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)