Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Moto z2 play $360 + free projector add-on ($350)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 6:49 pm
Banned
Mar 4, 2011
14 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

[Freedom Mobile] Moto z2 play $360 + free projector add-on ($350)

$0 down. $15/month for 2 years. So an amazing deal for a $700 phone with respectable specs and ergonomic features. The projectors gucci AF
14 replies
Apr 14, 2006
415 posts
277 upvotes
Network is still pretty weak and plans prices are high compared to the big 3 flanker brands. No point rewarding Shaw for this.
Last edited by cal653 on Nov 12th, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2011
662 posts
196 upvotes
PSA; you only get this discount if you stay for 2 years. If you buy and cancel, you're liable for the buyout MSRP.
Feb 24, 2002
214 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
mcfart wrote: PSA; you only get this discount if you stay for 2 years. If you buy and cancel, you're liable for the buyout MSRP.
Where did you see this? I can only find the generic messaging about having to pay off your mytab balance if you want to cancel.
Banned
Aug 27, 2017
142 posts
60 upvotes
ugh paid $500 on kijiji and a lot for projector
Last edited by titaniumtux on Nov 14th, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You should mention that this is only for $40/month plans.
Feb 25, 2007
84 posts
18 upvotes
Just saw this promo earlier today. Wasn't sure if I needed to upgrade to the current plans as I have the $50 Everywhere 8gb available before current plans. Passed by kiosk and to check if current plan was okay to get the Moto Z2. All good! Great deal IMHO. My Moto X 2014 had reached its end of life, so no brainer to get this phone with bigger screen, better battery life average to good camera with the bonus of the projector. Would of preferred the JBL speaker mod, will see I have any use for it otherwise off to Kijiji.
Apr 17, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
cavprint wrote: Just saw this promo earlier today. Wasn't sure if I needed to upgrade to the current plans as I have the $50 Everywhere 8gb available before current plans. Passed by kiosk and to check if current plan was okay to get the Moto Z2. All good! Great deal IMHO. My Moto X 2014 had reached its end of life, so no brainer to get this phone with bigger screen, better battery life average to good camera with the bonus of the projector. Would of preferred the JBL speaker mod, will see I have any use for it otherwise off to Kijiji.
I'm on an older plan as well. Do you still have to pay the extra $15/month extra on top of your monthly plan?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
where does it say its only for $40+ plans?
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Cold deal, because as mentioned by @mcfart there's no hit and run here. The only carrier who gives you a device "tab" that's reflected in the buy-out is Koodo. You pay BYOD rate plus $15 per month, and $15*24=$360.

Aside the Moto mod throw-in, you can get the same phone for $0 upfront on a gold plan on Virgin Mobile. Less data for the same money, but a better network.

It's about time Freewind offers this phone on a mytab $15.

Also, this phone as a carrier variant is crippled. International variant has same LTE compatibility as the Canadian carrier variant, but dual-sim and double the storage (less warranty o though).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Feb 24, 2002
214 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Cold deal, because as mentioned by @mcfart there's no hit and run here. The only carrier who gives you a device "tab" that's reflected in the buy-out is Koodo. You pay BYOD rate plus $15 per month, and $15*24=$360.
I'm still not seeing this anywhere. In their terms:
Your MyTab balance decreases by an equal amount each month. The reduction is calculated by dividing your MyTab balance by the number of months left in your 24 month term from the date of purchase.

If you need to leave Freedom Mobile before you've paid off your MyTab it’s no problem as you’re not locked in. Just pay whatever balance is owing on your MyTab when you leave.

And another spot:
As a Freedom Mobile customer, you always have the right to terminate the provision of Services at any time and you can repay your MyTab balance at any time. When we hear from you (or your new wireless service provider) that you want to leave us, you are obligated to pay us for the outstanding portion of your MyTab. You can keep the device. If you want to terminate the provision of Services for some but not all lines on your account, you may do so, but will be required to repay the MyTab balance for the terminated line(s). We will continue to reduce your MyTab balance for the remaining line(s) until you terminate the provision of Services for the last line for which you have a MyTab balance, at which point, you must pay us for the outstanding balance of your MyTab. If you return a device to us in accordance with our returns policy and do not take a replacement device, we will reset your MyTab balance for that device to zero. Our returns policy is posted at www.Freedommobile.ca and is summarized on your invoice.

Is there something else I'm missing? It seems like I could pick this up for $0 up front, then cancel the next day after paying $360 to pay off the tab with no further obligations?
Apr 16, 2013
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Surrey (Metro Van)+1…
Legacy wrote: I'm still not seeing this anywhere. In their terms:

And another spot:

Is there something else I'm missing? It seems like I could pick this up for $0 up front, then cancel the next day after paying $360 to pay off the tab with no further obligations?
Like the other poster mentioned you will be paying the full price if you did that. Which is $680 + Tax.
RFD for life
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
jattdesi wrote: Like the other poster mentioned you will be paying the full price if you did that. Which is $680 + Tax.
+1. The MyTab balance is the device balance on a 2 yr. MyTab is just their lingo.

I have first hand experience where I took a MyTab $15 and bought out a phone at $400. I anticipated this.

Virgin has the same deal, gold plan is BYOD + $15.

You can't defend yourself and cry to the CCTS if you sign an agreement that explicitly states you start with a device balance of $X and each billing cycle, your buy-out decreases by $X/24.

It's good for a ride-out, but you'll get a similar price (or cheaper) with a QC number on Virgin. Heck, many ppl in GTA have MTL cell #'s now. $64 for that 6GB plan on Gold with your MZ2P $0 upfront. Heck, Virgin's even throwing in the Moto mod projector at the time of writing, retails for $400.

Neither are hot deals, carrier variant of this phone is lame, and hold you to the King's ransom. International variant is double the storage and dual-sim.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]