Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Motorola Moto One Action phone $120, with $40 5Gb unlimited talk plan.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 9:31 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1098 posts
875 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] Motorola Moto One Action phone $120, with $40 5Gb unlimited talk plan.

Currently Freedom has a promotion, where if you sign a 2 year "locked in" contract they give you 3Gb bonus data a month on their 2Gb plan. The plan gives you $5 discount if you auto-pay, so you only pay $40 instead of $45. Long story short, $40 for 5Gb of data.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/plans
Freedom 2GB+3GB promotion bonus
Savings of up to $379 with this plan
Data:
2GB of Fast LTE (Freedom Network)
3GB of promotion bonus data
Talk (Freedom Nationwide):
Unlimited calls to Canada
Unlimited incoming calls
Text (Freedom Nationwide):
Unlimited global text, picture, and video messaging

Additional Plan Features (Freedom Nationwide):
Voicemail+ (50 voicemails)
Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
Access to Freedom Wi-Fi Hotspots in Western Canada
Standard long-distance rates apply for calls to the U.S. and other international destinations
$40/mo.
with Digital Discount*
Regular Price: $45/mo.
If you are a new customer you can get this no questions asked. If you are an existing customer, you simply need to sign a 2 year "locked in" contract with them. I just signed such a new contract with them today as an existing customer. I had a $35 plan for 5Gb but without voice mail, which I need now.

Now that you have a $40 plan, you can get a new Motorola One Action phone for $120, $5 of tap a month for 24 months.

https://shop.freedommobile.ca/devices/M ... edom%202GB

This phone is also on sale at Costco for $300, which was rated a good deal here in RFD. If $300 for this phone is a good deal, $120 is a steal. You are saving an additional $180. This phone is also on Amazon for $400, so you can also consider yourself saving $280 from regular price. You are not even paying the $120 upfront, but spreading it over 2 years.

costco-moto-one-action-decent-mid-range ... 0-2327333/

The only downside (if you consider it that) is that the phone is rated at $500 at Freedom. So if you decide to leave Freedom within 2 years, you will have to pay the $500 minus the tab that you paid. But if you are ok to use Freedom for 2 years you will be fine.
Last edited by CCHIPSS on Nov 27th, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
34 replies
Nov 13, 2016
347 posts
374 upvotes
Ottawa
As much as I love freedom and wish them all success, their network is just garbage in Ottawa and NCR in general, and barely usable unfortunately.
Still a Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3519 posts
2054 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Man Freedom was like as horrible as it is using Shaw where I live now. You almost think they were the same company.
---
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12687 posts
3157 upvotes
VANCOUVER
zhadj030 wrote: As much as I love freedom and wish them all success, their network is just garbage in Ottawa and NCR in general, and barely usable unfortunately.
Where I live in GVR, Freedom has been good (not great), and improving. It used to be marginally LTE, now solid 2-4 bars on LTE. Strangely enough, voice hasn't been a problem, but occasionally, texts don't send, or delayed. And of course, can't beat my $6.66/month, 5GB unlimited talk and text plan! hehe. The cherry on top is that even though it "costs" me $6..66 per month ($40/180 days), Freedom doesn't actually take my money!
Last edited by Rogido on Nov 24th, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2016
82 posts
30 upvotes
zhadj030 wrote: As much as I love freedom and wish them all success, their network is just garbage in Ottawa and NCR in general, and barely usable unfortunately.
Gta is good but I’m surprised it sucks in Ottawa area...
Sep 25, 2019
9 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Just to make anyone aware, this is not an android one phone in Canada and is not getting guaranteed updates. I bought it off Costco and jumped through hoops with moto support to get a clear answer (both Costco website and moto product page fine print for Canada state support but it is not the case).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1098 posts
875 upvotes
Yeah it depends on where you live and where you work. In the Vancouver area it exceeds my expectations.
Nov 13, 2016
347 posts
374 upvotes
Ottawa
bookie6ix wrote: Gta is good but I’m surprised it sucks in Ottawa area...
Unfortunately all the spectrum is taken by the big three and what is left is owned by Videotron, so freedom is very much stuck in this situation with no hope
Jun 24, 2016
327 posts
275 upvotes
zhadj030 wrote: Unfortunately all the spectrum is taken by the big three and what is left is owned by Videotron, so freedom is very much stuck in this situation with no hope
Videotron owns the same spectrum as Freedom, just in Quebec (whereas Freedom owns it for the rest of Canada). Ottawa is a bit trash because of the spectrum conflict.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1098 posts
875 upvotes
Btw the phone comes unlocked and works perfectly with Fido. I gave it to my wife, who use Fido, to replace her very old phone. So if you are an existing Freedom customer with no tab, and has friends or family with other carriers, you can pick up this phone for them and they can pay you $120. (I didn't charge my wife. 🤷‍♀️)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3828 posts
4590 upvotes
Vancouver
zhadj030 wrote: Unfortunately all the spectrum is taken by the big three and what is left is owned by Videotron, so freedom is very much stuck in this situation with no hope
That in no way should affect quality of their signal.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3828 posts
4590 upvotes
Vancouver
bookie6ix wrote: Gta is good but I’m surprised it sucks in Ottawa area...
While it as well might be true, many times "info" is based on a few year old experiences and using non-Freedom phones.
Nov 13, 2016
347 posts
374 upvotes
Ottawa
max011 wrote: While it as well might be true, many times "info" is based on a few year old experiences and using non-Freedom phones.
Freedom phones or non freedom phones does not matter if the phone cannot connect to more than one band to give proper speeds.

Going downtown with the newest phones will get you two to 3 bars of "coverage" but unfortunately there would be no calls arriving, sms would take long time to send and your data keeps on timing out especially in rush hour, it is as if you are not connected in the first place.

Running an LG V20 with band 66 support is GTA is different from running it in Ottawa. It works great in GTA, but in Ottawa there is no band 7,13 or 66 to connect to. All you are getting in Ottawa is half of Band 4 because they had to divide the band 4 , half to use for 3G and the other for 4G/LTE.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3828 posts
4590 upvotes
Vancouver
zhadj030 wrote: Freedom phones or non freedom phones does not matter if the phone cannot connect to more than one band to give proper speeds.

Going downtown with the newest phones will get you two to 3 bars of "coverage" but unfortunately there would be no calls arriving, sms would take long time to send and your data keeps on timing out especially in rush hour, it is as if you are not connected in the first place.

Running an LG V20 with band 66 support is GTA is different from running it in Ottawa. It works great in GTA, but in Ottawa there is no band 7,13 or 66 to connect to. All you are getting in Ottawa is half of Band 4 because they had to divide the band 4 , half to use for 3G and the other for 4G/LTE.
Wow, that's BAD!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
3828 posts
4590 upvotes
Vancouver
Actually, at the second glance I do not see any "deal" here, let alone a "hot" deal.... [Mistook it for LG for some reason...]

This phone is regularly $5 TAB on $40 plan. Move on, nothing to see here...
Edit: I mean, I have this $40 plan with 4GB bonus LTE data for over 2 years now; these promos are always on...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)