Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2021 1:35 pm
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
When you place your order you immediately receive two emails ...

1. Your FreedomPop Order Confirmation
2. Welcome to FreedomPop!

If you did not receive these two emails you probably signed up using an incorrect email address and the emails were sent to that incorrect email address.

Your FP account password is shown in the "Welcome to FreedomPop!" email.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
nutN2Lewz wrote: When you place your order you immediately receive two emails ...

1. Your FreedomPop Order Confirmation
2. Welcome to FreedomPop!

If you did not receive these two emails you probably signed up using an incorrect email address and the emails were sent to that incorrect email address.

Your FP account password is shown in the "Welcome to FreedomPop!" email.
then how come my email is correct when logged in (automaticly)
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
1773 posts
267 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I don't see a PayPal option when checking out, and I don't have a USA billing address. Can someone please help me? Thanks.
FS: Superman Vintage: Issue Price + Shipping
FS: 39mm, 41mm and 44mm Royal Canadian Mint Maroon Coin Clamshells
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
whatchamacallit wrote: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I don't see a PayPal option when checking out, and I don't have a USA billing address. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

The last time I checked there was a PayPal option for the LTE sim but NOT for the Global sim. See this post for an image of the PayPal option on the LTE order page ...
freedompop-us-global-sim-free-talk-text ... #p27397510
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
whatchamacallit wrote: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I don't see a PayPal option when checking out, and I don't have a USA billing address. Can someone please help me? Thanks.
Sometimes they don't offer PP on sales, you can try to use your US shipping address as billing. My Amazon.ca, Tangerine cards are going through just fine, you might have to tick and untick the box on shipping/billing is different.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
L4cky wrote: then how come my email is correct when logged in (automaticly)

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are saying. If you are logged into your FP account then you are already logged in with your correct password. Maybe you are referring to the 'Sign in' page?

If you are already logged in to your FP account and you want to change your password you can do that on the 'My account | Account Settings' page.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
Toronto899 wrote: What happen when we use their Global SIM card outside US, we should still use this APP "FreedomPop app " to make call or SMS? So I need keep the data roaming on always? What happen to that global 100 plan? Please advise.
Global SIM is a roaming SIM, you have to turn on Data Roaming on your phone, you also need to setup "freedompop.foggmobile.com" APN.

If you want to make calls or text, you still have to use the FreedomPop app.

The Global 100 plan is available in your account page under My Account -> International.

I am always able to downgrade right away and my SIMs are shipped.
Banned
Dec 12, 2016
48 posts
Hi, Philip, thanks for the reply. Following question: when Global SIM outside US, any free roaming data with that free basic plan as well? And how much data?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
I bought the original global SIM deal at .25 - works fine, but for $2 I figured I'd be a sport and go for LTE speeds - and they offered a second SIM for a penny - I guess the second one is good to be one of my 50 meg friends - if not, then it isn't an issue.

They now have a 10 mg per month referral bonus - that's new.

And, most interesting, I was able to select Montreal phone numbers for both SIMs, so when I head south I can forward my Rogers number to my FreedomPop (then again I was previously forwarding to my Fongo or TextNow numbers . . . . . .).
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
darrenmak wrote: Do you downgrade after having received your sim?

I've downgraded 10 times as soon as I received my new account info by email. I did not wait for my sims to arrive. No problems.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
fredsmith wrote: and they offered a second SIM for a penny - I guess the second one is good to be one of my 50 meg friends

Nope.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
fredsmith wrote: They now have a 10 mg per month referral bonus - that's new.

I didn't see that. Is that monthly? No big deal if we already get 700mb per month.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
10mb referral
50mb friend?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
L4cky wrote: 10mb referral
50mb friend?
That's the implication . . . . .
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2564 posts
992 upvotes
Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times already...

I have my SIM, in my phone (Android), with no service in Canada of course. Should I be able to make calls over Wifi, if it's VOIP? I can't - it doesn't ring or anything.

Text messages are working just fine, with the FP messaging app.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Dash wrote: I'm not planning on going to the US anytime soon. does the 1 free month start right away? any way we can postpone it until I actually do go down to the states?
It starts right away, no way to postpone that I know of.
Mar 28, 2012
183 posts
60 upvotes
VANCOUVER
L4cky wrote: how can u downgrade immediately?

i am still waiting for my email, how long does it take to receive it?
I've never received any emails either. What I did was call in. 888-743-8107. They mentioned that default password was "freedompop". I tried it and it didn't work so they manually reset the password for me. Now I have access to my account and downgraded to basic plan. Hope this works for you.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)