Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2021 1:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
yuprules wrote: AT&T in store most likely, they have $2 per day talk/text plans.
oh i mean in Canada. not for travel
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10228 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
L4cky wrote: oh i mean in Canada. not for travel
LOL this is a U.S. sim which is why I said AT&T. :)

Try Lucky mobile prepaid, you can pick up a sim at Dollarama. They have cheap talk/text plans for one month, then cancel.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
Got this email today
Action Required for Changes to Your Account
We hope you are enjoying your FreedomPop service and want to inform you of some upcoming changes to our free plan.

In order for us to continue passing on the best value to all of our subscribers, we need to make changes that will have an impact on those enjoying our current free tier.

Don’t worry, FreedomPop will keep a free tier! But recent rate changes on our data network provider, together with our superior buying power on our largest underlying carrier, make a free offering only viable on our Premium network going forward.

For those who wish to continue receiving 100% free talk, text, and data, you must upgrade to a Premium SIM by May 1, 2021. With FreedomPop Premium, you get true cellular voice, text, and data - no app required! This means you can experience FreedomPop's amazing value while using your phone as it was meant to be used. Upgrade today at FreedomPop.com.

If you do not migrate by May 1, 2021, your account will be automatically enrolled into the Essential Plan which offers 350MB and 200 minutes / 200 texts each month for only $3.99/mo.

We hope this notice gives you ample time to make the decision that’s right for you. Please take action by either upgrading your account to a Premium SIM, changing your current subscription to any other plan, or cancelling altogether by May 1, 2021.

If you have any questions, please view our helpful guide on completing your premium voice upgrade.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10228 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
YOU MUST CANCEL your account or PAY $4 a month. There is no other choice, pay attention folks or you'll be charged in April!

The new free account SUCKS: 25 megs of data and you have to pay $10 for a new sim...you are going to get an overage charge within 10 seconds of turning on your phone, better to get a local U.S. sim when we can travel again.

To cancel your account:

Go to the OLD SITE: https://my.freedompop.com/login
Click the Gear Icon
Account Status (botton left)
Cancel Account

Go back to the front page and ensure you have no minutes/data left.
Cancel Account
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Got the email too. I still had the Global SIM in my account so deleted that and came here to say delete your plan if you're not using it!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Darn, won't let me cancel online.... currently on the "Online Chat" . Lets see how helpful they are....

Update: The online chat person say she has cancelled my accounts thats associated with the email i provided. Hopefully it really is ? Well this global sim thing was good while it lasted, it was unfortunate I was never able to test out the " global" nature of the sim, was just able to use it a few times in the US.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
I went to the my freedompop website, and both my emails say I haven't signed up for a plan, and I haven't received any emails from them. I assume they canceled me for long long long inactivity. ??
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
bluenote wrote: I went to the my freedompop website, and both my emails say I haven't signed up for a plan, and I haven't received any emails from them. I assume they canceled me for long long long inactivity. ??
That would just make your account dormant.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10228 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
bluenote wrote: I went to the my freedompop website, and both my emails say I haven't signed up for a plan, and I haven't received any emails from them. I assume they canceled me for long long long inactivity. ??
Did you go to the OLD WEBSITE to cancel? If you just go to www freedom pop dot com it's the NEW SITE.

THIS is where you cancel the legacy plans: https://my.freedompop.com/login

Again people even if you haven't used it EVER, you MUST CANCEL BEFORE the end of April!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26388 upvotes
Toronto
yuprules wrote: Did you go to the OLD WEBSITE to cancel? If you just go to www freedom pop dot com it's the NEW SITE.

THIS is where you cancel the legacy plans: https://my.freedompop.com/login

Again people even if you haven't used it EVER, you MUST CANCEL BEFORE the end of April!
I got the email about this but I can't login to the old website and a password reset is not working. I'm not receiving the password reset to my gmail account.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I don't even remember the log ins for my other plans (the ones whose SIM cards wouldn't work years ago) haha. I guess the expired credit cards and removing/unauthorizing FP on paypal should so part of the trick.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
I went to billing > update billing information > Account status and then clicked cancel account.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26388 upvotes
Toronto
spooky wrote: I got the email about this but I can't login to the old website and a password reset is not working. I'm not receiving the password reset to my gmail account.
I was able to chat with support and get the account password reset. After that I could login and cancel the account using the instructions provided by @alanbrenton :

I went to billing > update billing information > Account status and then clicked cancel account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)