• Mar 13th, 2024 12:01 pm
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks Dahlya for the quick reply.

Ok so i am not at home now but according to my fpl account on fpl.ca
Ata is registered.
Calls seem logged and its listed as normal call clearing.
Inbound/Outbound Proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca i should change that ?

I filled out a ticket and found out work is on the bell network.

Thanks !
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: Ok so i am not at home now but according to my fpl account on fpl.ca
Ata is registered.
The registration interval with FPL is 3600s or 1 hour. The registration status on FPL's website only updates every hour. In between, the ATA may still lose registration,
but FPL's site will still indicate the ATA is registered until the next registration attempt (1 hour). Unfortunately, the registration status isn't always accurate.
Calls seem logged and its listed as normal call clearing.
Call may have reached FPL, but I believe it never reached your ATA. You can check your ATA's call logs when you get home to confirm.
Inbound/Outbound Proxy: voip.freephoneline.ca i should change that ?
Yes, change to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 to help rule out potential SIP ALG problems.
I filled out a ticket and found out work is on the bell network.
The problem may be carrier related or just with that specific number.
Most people who call me are either with Rogers or Telus, so I can't check easily.
Sadly, technical support isn't free for FPL users, and they now take forever to respond to tickets and sometimes never do.
Someone should read the ticket though.
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks Dahlya,

I will try to change proxy when i get home.

But i tryed calling another bell residential number from work and it works fine.
I also have an Asus router and i believe when i set fpl i disabled the sip/alg

Also rebooted modem and router and obi200 before going to work , starting to think its a bell issue.

Afteropening up the ticket, I got an email ticket back from fpl support saying they offer no free support and to visit support community or pay-per-incedent support.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote:
But i tryed calling another bell residential number from work and it works fine.
I mean outgoing Bell call to FPL number. If only outgoing Bell calls to FPL (Fibernetics) numbers are affected, then the problem is carrier related. I haven’t had a problem receiving calls from Telus numbers today.
I also have an Asus router and i believe when i set fpl i disabled the sip/alg
Put the modem/router combo, gateway, or hub from your ISP in bridge mode. Contact your ISP for assistance.

It would also be worth trying voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 to see if the problem disappears.
Afteropening up the ticket, I got an email ticket back from fpl support saying they offer no free support and to visit support community or pay-per-incedent support.
That’s an automated email message. It does not mean they won’t read your ticket. They will close your ticket without a response if the reader believes the problem is on your end.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
Dahlya wrote: It may be useful for @sylvestor2002 and @phantomvs to determine the carrier of the numbers that can't call them and include that information in their tickets when contacting support.

My friend was using his cell phone. It's on the Freedom Mobile network. So far, he's the only one who can't seem to get to my FPL. Anyone else can get through to me on FPL.

@Phamtonvs: is your Bell work line a newly acquired phone number ?
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
sylvestor2002 wrote: It's on the Freedom Mobile network. So far, he's the only one who can't seem to get to my FPL.
Including other people on Freedom? Is your friend in a good signal area?

If the answers are yes, then both of you are stuck trying to get this fixed through Freedom and FPL support.
It could be an interconnect carrier issue.

I asked someone using Freedom to call me, and it worked.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1248 posts
1871 upvotes
@home
@Dahlya

Are you just Webslinger secretly and couldn't stay away?!

Your replies are much appreciated I hope from all the users you help.
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Dahlya wrote: A) Check your FPL call logs. Do you see the incoming call listed for the work number?
Is there an abnormal disconnect reason?

Also I checked my router settings and sip alg is disabled

OK so i checked and nothing abnormal. It says ringing, call connected, call ended.

B) Dial ***1
i) enter the IP address you're told into your web browser. Login to your ATA.
ii)Navigate to Status-->Call History
iii) Locate the call. Is the incoming call listed? If not, it never reached your ATA.

Yes, calls are listed.

C) Navigate to Status-->System Status-->SP(FPL) Service Status
Your ATA must be registered in order for it to receive calls at the time when the problem happens, and only one device registration is permitted at any time per FPL account.
You can't have two devices registered simultaneously with the same FPL account, and only the one that is registered will ring.

Yes, its listed as registered

D) Change proxyserver in your ATA to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060
Refer to step 9 on page 41 from the guide.

Going to try changing it.
But why when i log into the obi it says voip2.freephoneline.ca proxy server port 5060 and on the fpl account i have voip.freephoneline.ca
Checked router and my sip alg is disabled, check pic
I will check if it works when back at work on Thursday.

No change?
Then submit a ticket and include your work phone number in the ticket.

It may be useful for @sylvestor2002 and @phantomvs to determine the carrier of the numbers that can't call them and include that information in their tickets when contacting support.

For general troubleshooting information, follow the steps listed on pages 40 to 42 under the section, "Are you getting one way audio issues with an OBi200/202 and Freephoneline? Are incoming calls not ringing?".
Images
  • 20210518_183733.jpg
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
Eckz wrote: @Dahlya

Are you just Webslinger secretly and couldn't stay away?!
No, but I know him quite well.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: Also I checked my router settings and sip alg is disabled
SIP ALG didn't used to matter with Asus routers when using Freephoneline. I have an Asus router, SIP Passthrough is enabled, and FPL works.

Instead, SIP ALG in the gateway, hub, or modem/router combo your ISP provided you with matters, and it should be in bridge mode.
Yes, calls are listed.
In your ATA? From your Bell work number? Are you positive those are the calls that went to FPL's voicemail system? Make sure to check the time of the incoming calls in the ATA's call history.

Are you sure you haven't blocked your work number somehow?

The only ways I know for a call to reach your ATA and still go to FPL's voicemail system is for the call to go unanswered, for the user to have blocked that number in phone handset, or for the user to have blocked the number manually in the ATA.
But why when i log into the obi it says voip2.freephoneline.ca proxy server port 5060 and on the fpl account i have voip.freephoneline.ca
Everything under "Your SIP Settings" are recommended or suggested settings only. They do not reflect what you're using in your ATA.
Only SIP status and SIP User Agent do.
Last edited by Dahlya on May 23rd, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: No old number
If calls from your Bell work number are reaching your ATA, then I doubt sylverstor2002's issue is related to yours.
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
I dont have a router modem combo from ISP
Just a modem and use my own asus router running merlin. So no need for bridge mode.

As for the call log, I think your right....my mistake.
I am getting confused from sp1 to Ph1
Your right I dont see my calls from work calling home.
I see the reverse which works fine, home calling work A1.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: Your right I dont see my calls from work calling home.
I see the reverse which works fine, home calling work A1.
Then submitting a ticket is the only thing I can think of to do if all other incoming calls work.

It may be worth testing with voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 just to see if something is wrong, which I doubt, with voip2.freephoneline.ca.
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for your help, advice and patience Dahlya

Much appreciated.

I have submitted ticket and waiting for reply.

Thank you!
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: I have submitted ticket and waiting for reply.
You are welcome. I don't have much hope for a response or fix, but it's worth trying to reach them anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
Dahlya wrote: Including other people on Freedom? Is your friend in a good signal area?

If the answers are yes, then both of you are stuck trying to get this fixed through Freedom and FPL support.
It could be an interconnect carrier issue.

I asked someone using Freedom to call me, and it worked.
Yes, my friend is in a good signal area. He calls me on my Rogers cell without any problems, so I know he's in a good area. He doesn't have problems calling other people on his Freedom phone.

He's the only person I know with Freedom service so I don't know if others on Freedom will have problems calling me.

This is a mystery.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
sylvestor2002 wrote: This is a mystery.
I suspect it’s an issue with an interconnect carrier. I suggest submitting a ticket since there’s nothing else you can do.
May 6, 2009
135 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
Dahlya wrote: Then submitting a ticket is the only thing I can think of to do if all other incoming calls work.

It may be worth testing with voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 just to see if something is wrong, which I doubt, with voip2.freephoneline.ca.
UPDATE.....Hi Dahlya,

Ok so i got a response from the ticket i sent.
"Your support ticket has been closed.Check out our Fongo Home Phone...."
So basically no support, but we knew that already i guess.

Also i changed from voip2 to voip4 and it works. I tryed now and i can dial home from work now.
Wierd, so could problem be on my side ??
Anyway, happy camper !

Thank You DAHLYA !!
We appreciate your help on this forum !
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
phantomvs wrote: Thank You DAHLYA !!
You're welcome!
Also i changed from voip2 to voip4 and it works. I tryed now and i can dial home from work now.
Wierd, so could problem be on my side ??
On the surface, this seems like a SIP ALG related issue.
SIP ALG listens to or monitors traffic on UDP port 5060. voip.freephoneline and voip2.freephoneline.ca use UDP 5060 for SIP signalling.
SIP ALG is so buggy in some routers that the feature changes or alters SIP headers to such an extent that SIP signalling is, basically, wrecked.

Normally, voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 is intended to get around buggy SIP ALG features in routers. voip4.freephonline.ca uses UDP port 6060. But you said you just have a regular modem with no router built into it. So, that's not a gateway or hub. It's just a modem only. You also stated you have an Asus router and that SIP Passthrough, which is SIP ALG, is disabled in it. Even so, SIP Passthrough being enabled in Asus routers shouldn't cause this problem. I forgot that I use Asuswrt-Merlin, which isn't official Asus firmware. In Merlin, SIP Passthrough turned on works with Freephoneline.

Plus you said that "cellphone to home is fine". That seems as though all other incoming calls work, except incoming calls from your Bell work phone. Are you sure all other incoming calls worked?

If all other incoming calls work on voip2.freephoneline.ca, then a buggy SIP ALG doesn't seem to be a good explanation. I'll ask Webslinger what he thinks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)