freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:01 pm
May 9, 2012
867 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
Still having some calls not coming in.
Here’s my setup: ISP->deco m5->Giga switch.
The obi200 is plugged into the #1 Ethernet port of the giga switch.

Internet speed 50mbsdown, 20up.
Qos has been set up with 50max, 20min.

Issues: a. Some calls come in
B. Some calls don’t
C. Some calls go directly to the “follow me” option

Is the deco the problem? The switch?
Voice quality is great, when it works ..it works!
Plz help.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
barginfreak wrote:
Plz help.
You've been asked more than once to provide important information that you have not provided, such as the brand and model of your modem and router.

Have you been able to determine whether the incoming calls that drop to voicemail or are forwarded via Follow Me are VoIP calls? Are they from specific numbers only? Are they from Rogers numbers?
Here’s my setup: ISP-
What are the brand name and model of the device given to you by your ISP?
Did you disable SIP ALG in it? You should, if it's a modem/router combo, and it should be in bridge mode if you have your own router.

Do you have a router before the TP-link deco?
If you do, what is the brand and model of the router?
Qos has been set up with 50max, 20min.
You have to run a speedtest. You need to see what your actual speeds are, and you should specify approximately 90% of what you're receiving.

Is the deco the problem? The switch?
You can figure this out. Attach the OBi200 directly to your ISP's modem. If you no longer have a problem, the issue is with another device.

Make sure you disable Follow Me while testing. Check to see whether Follow Me is producing unexpected behaviour for you while you’re on an existing call with another one incoming.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Sep 15th, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1398 posts
922 upvotes
I got a "Fongo Dormant Account Alert" email.
Your account has been flagged as dormant due to inactivity. Dormant accounts are subject to World Credit expiry at a rate of $1.00/month until the World Credit balance reaches zero or you reactivate your account.

Just log into your app and MAKE A CALL to another number to reactivate your account. Without reactivation, your World Credit balance will soon be debited $1/month.
I can't get their Windows app to work, is there another way to avoid being charged?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
hybrid09 wrote: I can't get their Windows app to work
Why did you purchase World Credits if you can't use FPL at all?

It requires 32 bit Java.
These instructions work for me: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 810#p74810.

is there another way to avoid being charged?
Buy a VoIP unlock key and make outbound calls on an ATA, IP Phone, or SIP App.

You won't be charged if you never purchased world credits. Your free account will just be deactivated.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Sep 16th, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
I couldn't call some VoIP.ms customers and was wondering wth.

Their DNS servers are facing a DoS attack, so most VoIP.ms customers, unless they're registering with IP addresses, are down at the moment.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ArrowFlynn wrote: I couldn't call some VoIP.ms customers and was wondering wth.

Their DNS servers are facing a DoS attack, so most VoIP.ms customers, unless they're registering with IP addresses, are down at the moment.
I can confirm that right now I can't login to my voip.ms account. I can still make calls from my voip.ms number and receive calls to that number. But that's very unreliable. Sometimes it works sometimes nothing, not even dial tone.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
bylo wrote: According to various sources the attack is on the voip.ms domain, not the servers
VoIP.ms confirms it's their DNS hosting provider's servers that's under attack.

ArrowFlynn wrote:DNS servers are facing a DoS attack

voip.ms wrote:our servers provider confirmed they are currently facing a network attack

bylo wrote: So if you update to use hard-coded IP addresses
Arrowflynn wrote:so most VoIP.ms customers, unless they're registering with IP addresses are down at the moment

There's several VoIP.ms customers confirming to me that they can't call or receive calls.

Anyway, for any FPL users in here frantically trying to troubleshoot why they can't reach VoIP.ms customers right now, don't bother.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Sep 16th, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2012
314 posts
177 upvotes
Ontario
ArrowFlynn wrote:
Anyway, for any FPL users in here frantically trying to troubleshoot why they can't reach VoIP.ms customers right now, don't bother.
Yes, my mom can't use voip.ms for international calls right now, which is the only reason she has a voip.ms account, and using an IP address instead of server name seems to work intermittently.
Her FPL number is working. I guess I'll add some World Credits to her FPL account for her so that she can have a backup option.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
Just to update, VoIP.ms' DNS host provider, Swiftvox, must have resolved or is close to fixing the problem.
I am now able to call my VoIP.ms contacts as well as load the website.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ArrowFlynn wrote: Just to update, VoIP.ms' DNS host provider, Swiftvox, must have resolved or is close to fixing the problem.
I am now able to call my VoIP.ms contacts as well as load the website.
Me too. Their twitter feed also explains how to update Windows Hosts file by adding an entry for their domain to access their website:

Code: Select all

173.231.187.61	voip.ms
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
voip.ms is timing out again at 7:30 p.m. EST
Not using IP fails registration

On 2021-09-16 7:04 p.m., no-reply@obitalk.com wrote:

"Service Offline Alert -- OBi Device is Not Registered

Your voice service is not registering. This could be due to a temporary service disruption or an incorrect login credential."

I would follow their twitter page for updates:

FPL users shouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot an issue on their end when trying to reach VoIP.ms customers right now.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33211120-
Steve VoIPms wrote:We’re under attack against the most powerful ransomware group in the world. We’re doing the best we can. No need for name calling our team is working very hard with our providers. These guys have taken down sites like Apple.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Measures will be taken to further strengthen the network in the future but these cyber-terrorists are very stubborn. Some servers are DDoSed in the 10 gigabits range
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1398 posts
922 upvotes
ArrowFlynn wrote: Why did you purchase World Credits if you can't use FPL at all?
That's the thing, I use FPL with my OBI200 at home, calls are made frequently. That's why I'm surprised that I received that notice.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hybrid09 wrote: That's the thing, I use FPL with my OBI200 at home, calls are made frequently. That's why I'm surprised that I received that notice.
So perhaps contact Fongo and ask them why you got that notice?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
hybrid09 wrote: That's the thing, I use FPL with my OBI200 at home, calls are made frequently. That's why I'm surprised that I received that notice.
Fill out a ticket, and get that straightened out:
https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Use Freephoneline VoIP unlock key->my account inquiry for the issue type. Tell them you make outbound calls all the time, and ask why you received that email.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2300 posts
947 upvotes
ArrowFlynn wrote: Why did you purchase World Credits if you can't use FPL at all?

It requires 32 bit Java.
These instructions work for me: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 810#p74810.

Buy a VoIP unlock key and make outbound calls on an ATA, IP Phone, or SIP App.

You won't be charged if you never purchased world credits. Your free account will just be deactivated.
If you buy a voip unlock key you still might be charged a dormant fee?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
Shadow Rider wrote: If you buy a voip unlock key you still might be charged a dormant fee?
No, but your world credits can expire even if you buy a VoIP unlock key in the event you don't make an outbound call every 60 days.
https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... ld-Credits

The exception is Fongo Home Phone. Those customers never have world credits expire.

They don't deactivate VoIP unlock key accounts due to inactivity.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1398 posts
922 upvotes
bylo wrote: So perhaps contact Fongo and ask them why you got that notice?
Yes but asking the very kind people who contribute on this forum never hurts, and this information will be available for future users.

I just wanted to see if anyone could clarify if an outbound long distance call was required. Wording seems to imply any outbound call - so I will contact Fongo and follow up.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
hybrid09 wrote:
I just wanted to see if anyone could clarify if an outbound long distance call was required. Wording seems to imply any outbound call - so I will contact Fongo and follow up.
It’s any outbound call that’s been picked up by the other end. You can prove your case by logging in at https://www.freephoneline.ca/callLogs. They should be able to see that on their end, I would imagine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)