freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
SleepyEyez wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 8:48 am
Guys,
I disconnected my Obihai 200 for a few months because I was getting a lot of spam calls... I recently reconnect my Obiha back and still getting tons of random number and private calls...
Can you direct me where to get this fix?

You should follow the PDF guide step by step:
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 805#p73839.
It would be better for you to go through that guide step by step.

Or . . .

Having problems with SIP Scanners? Is your phone ringing constantly with caller ids that appear as 1001, 999, etc. Bots/crackers/scammers are looking (scanning ports) for ways to break into your services and devices.

1. Are you port forwarding from the router to the ATA or using DMZ? Let's not do that unless you have no other choice. Disable any port forwarding in the router to the ATA, especially UDP port 5060. If you find disabling port forwarding creates 1-way audio issues (or other weird problems), try disabling SIP ALG in your router.

2. If you used the OBitalk web portal to configure your ATA, you need to continue using www.obitalk.com for now. Enter the expert menu (advanced configuration; it's an "E" icon). Otherwise, dial ***1, and enter the IP you're told into your web browser.

If you used the Obitalk web portal (www.obitalk.com) to configure your ATA, keep in mind that you must continue using it to configure your ATA. Otherwise whatever settings you change will eventually be overwritten by what you previously entered at obitalk.com anyway. If you wish to disable this behaviour, dial ***1. Enter that IP address into a web browser. Navigate to System Management-->OBiTalk Provisioning-->select Disabled for the method. Save. Reboot ATA. Now obitalk.com won't overwrite whatever changes you make via the device's interface (via IP address).

Pick one method (obitalk.com) or the other (IP address of device) for changing device settings. But do not use both methods. Keep in mind that activating Google Voice requires using the Obitalk.com web portal.

3. Navigate to Voice Services-->SP(service you're using) Service-->X_UserAgentPort
Change this to something between 30000 and 60000

(In the Obitalk.com Portal, uncheck both device default and obitalk settings boxes to enter in your own settings).

(Submit/save and reboot ATA)

For OBi100 and OBi110

4. Create a white list of authorized IP addresses of the SIP servers you're using (and want to connect with your OBi ATA):
Service Providers>ITSP Profile (service you're using) >SIP>X_AccessList (enter valid SIP server IP addresses).

voip.freephoneline.ca is 208.65.240.44, for example.
voip2.freephoneline.ca is 162.213.111.22
voip4.freephoneline.ca is 162.213.111.21

toronto.voip.ms is 184.75.215.106.

Separate SIP server IP addresses that you use with this ITSP Service profile with commas in X_AccessList. Basically, you need to know what the IP addresses are of the SIP servers you're using for this particular VoIP service (and not for every single VoIP provider you use in general) on this particular ITSP Profile.

(submit/save and reboot ATA)

5. Stick/Add {>('yourauthusernamegoeshere'):ph} in your inbound call route. Voice Services-->SP(service you're using)-->X_InboundCallRoute
Use Oleg's method: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0 (step 4 from that link)

If you don't know what yourauthusername is, navigate to Voice Services-->SP(service you're using) -->SIP Credentials-->AuthUserName

Here's an example of what an X_InboundCallRoute might look like with that part added:

{(MTelemarketers):},{>('yourauthusernamegoeshere'):ph}

The first section can be whatever you currently have in X_InboundCallRoute. The bolded part is what you need to add.

For OBi200 and OBi202 steps 4 and 5 are a lot simpler:

4. Enable X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly to accept inbound SIP requests only if they came from the same IP address of the current Registered proxy (found under Voice Services > SP(service you're using) Service-->SP Service)
If you're using Callcentric (ITSP service provider) with a secondary registration, don't do step 4 with an OBi200/202.

Note that unless your ATA is registered with voip.freephoneline.ca, Fongo Mobile calls to your Freephoneline phone number will be dropped straight to voicemail if X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly is enabled. Fongo Mobile calls to Freephoneline phone numbers are SIP URI calls.

5. Remember: if you used the OBitalk web portal to configure your ATA, you need to continue using www.obitalk.com for now. Enable X_EnforceRequestUserID to accept SIP invite requests only if the request userid matches AuthUserName or X_ContactUserID (found under Voice Services > SP(service you're using) Service-->SIP Credentials)

The combination of steps 4 and 5 will stop sip scanner calls completely. But nothing beats a good firewall.

Having problems with Telemarketers?

For Freephoneline, Follow Me in your Freephoneline web portal must be disabled (unless you route MTelemarketers somewhere where the call is picked up immediately) for call blocking via your Obihai ATA to work. Login at https://www.freephoneline.ca/followMeSettings and check your Follow Me settings.

To learn about MTelemarketers (above) and blocking Telemarketers, visit http://www.toao.net/503-blocking-telema ... an-obi-ata
(this part is unrelated to stopping sip scanners). Good guide. Note that user defined digitmaps are limited to 511 characters.

If you have an OBi200 or OBi202, you can also navigate to Voice Services-->SP (service you're using)-->Calling Features-->X_BlockedCallers
You can enter 10 phone numbers, separated by commas, that you want to block per SP.

A. If you used the Obitalk web portal (www.obitalk.com) to configure your ATA, keep in mind that you must continue using it to configure your ATA. Otherwise whatever settings you change will eventually be overwritten by what you previously entered at obitalk.com anyway. If you wish to disable this behaviour, dial ***1. Enter that IP address into a web browser. Navigate to System Management-->OBiTalk Provisioning-->select Disabled for the method. Save. Reboot ATA. Now obitalk.com won't overwrite whatever changes you make via the device's interface (via IP address).

Pick one method (obitalk.com) or the other (IP address of device) for changing device settings. But do not use both methods. Keep in mind that activating Google Voice requires using the Obitalk.com web portal.

B. Navigate to Voice Services-->SP(voipservice) Service-->X_InboundCallRoute

add {(MTelemarketers):}

Here's an example of what an X_InboundCallRoute might look like

Code: Select all

{(MTelemarketers):},{>('yourauthusernamegoeshere'):ph}
For an OBi202, this would look like

{(MTelemarketers):},{>('yourauthusernamegoeshere'):ph,ph2}
M, by the way, stands for Digit Map.

If you don't know what yourauthusername is, navigate to Voice Services-->SP(voipservice) -->SIP Credentials-->AuthUserName

C. submit/save/reboot

D. Navigate to User Settings-->User Defined Digit Maps

i. Pick an unused User Defined Digit Map

ii. For the Label, enter Telemarketers

iii. For the DigitMap, enter phone numbers you want to block.
For example, (1234567890|4168888888|5193333333)

Some people ask about blocking anonymous or unknown calls
(?|un@@.|Un@@.|anon@.|Anon@.)

? = no Caller ID
@ = any single alphanumeric (number or letter) except #
@ . = zero or more occurrences of any length alphanumeric (number or letter) sequence except # (note that there should be no space after the @ symbol; I had to put it there on this forum)
@@ . = any single alphanumeric (number or letter) except # followed by zero or more occurrences of any length alphanumeric sequence except # (note that there should be no space after the @ symbol; I had to put it there on this forum)

un@@ . will catch unknown or anything starting with un followed by at least one more character (except #)
(note that there should be no space after the @ symbol; I had to put it there on this forum)
anon@. will catch anonymous or anything starting with anon (except #)

I do not generally recommend blocking anonymous calls since doctors and hospitals can call from them.

E. Submit/save/reboot

Note that you must enter phone numbers as they appear in your VoIP service's call log. For FPL users login at https://www.freephoneline.ca/callLogs

Note that this method for Freephoneline drops all Telemarketer calls to FPL's voicemail (FPL basically wants all incoming calls picked up no matter what because FPL makes money off of incoming termination fees to its network), but at least your phones won't ring.

I probably do not have time to troubleshoot the following FPL workaround for that voicemail issue (especially not via PM, thank you), but here's a potential solution for that:

Because of not wanting these telemarketer calls to drop to FPL's voicemail, boon1 came up with a cool idea for sending these calls to the auto attendant:
freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... #p21660123
However, for me, that's a bit of a problem because people in my household use the Auto Attendant to dial into and receive calls back from (and I don't want them to hear voice prompts that are intended for telemarketers). Because I have an OBi202, I have access to OBiPlus Basic, which gives me access to two additional auto attendants for free. I used one of them: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/freepho ... #p21807239 Edit: It appears that OBiPlus has been completely killed by Obihai now.

Alternatively, if you have another ITSP, configured on SP2 for example, you could use

{(MTelemarketers):sp2(phonenumbertosendtelemarketers)}
in FPL's X_InboundCallRoute in place of {(MTelemarketers):} to send those telemarketing calls to another phone number.

If FPL is SP1, you can also use

{(MTelemarketers):sp1(phonenumbertosendtelemarketers)}

or (for sip calls)

{(MTelemarketers):sp1(sipnumber@sipdomain.com)}
It doesn't really matter. But if you don't want telemarketing calls to drop straight to FPL's voicemail, it is possible with an Obihai ATA, to route these calls elsewhere. Maybe you want to send them to Lenny: http://toao.net/595-lenny (keep in mind that sending telemarketers to Lenny will let telemarketers know your phone number is active).

Update

I think this might be a better solution for Telemarketers for FPL users than what I posted previously.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Went to www.tropo.com
2. Created a free developer account
3. Verified account and logged in
4. Found an audio file that plays SIT tones followed by a "We're sorry, you have reached a number that has been disconnected..."
5. Clicked on "My Files" in Tropo and stuck the file in the www folder
6. Selected "My Apps" and clicked "create application"
7. Entered nogood for Basic information (you can put whatever you want here)
8. Clicked on "new script"

Entered the following:

<?php
say("http://hosting.tropo.com/mytropoaccount#/www/disconnectedmessageaudiofilethatIadded.mp3");
say("http://hosting.tropo.com/mytropoaccount#/www/disconnectedmessageaudiofilethatIadded.mp3");
?>
9. Saved the script as nogood.php (just has to end with .php)

10. Clicked "create app"

11. Scrolled down and picked a free Tropo phone number for Canada

12. Stuck {(MTelemarketers):sp1(mytropophone#)} in X_InboundCallRoute for FPL in my OBi

(where SP1 = FPL), but it doesn't matter what SP you use, as long as you call your Tropo phone number for free using it.

Rebooted

You can also create a White list: newegg-obihai-obi200-59-99-a-1825095/4/#post23792781

How do I setup Nomorobo with Freephoneline (or any service provider that doesn't support Nomorobo) with an Obihai ATA?

So, I got Nomorobo working with Freephoneline, and really, with an Obihai ATA and a toll free number from access number from Nomorobo, you can use Nomorobo with any service provider.

Keep in mind, if you have Follow Me enabled in your Freephoneline web portal, that in order for Nomorobo to work properly, your Nomorobo access number has to ring simultaneously (or first if you're using sequential forwarding). Freephoneline doesn't allow toll free phone numbers to be used with Follow Me at the time of this writing. If you're having problems getting Nomorobo working with Follow Me enabled, disable Follow Me in your Freephoneline web portal account.

1. Sign up at https://www.nomorobo.com/

2. Select "Landline/VoIP" for your phone type.

3. Select Vonage as your carrier (or choose one that gives you a toll free nomorobo number). The bolded part is the important step.
I don't know if choosing other carriers will provide you with a toll free Nomorobo phone number, but maybe some will.

4. For phone number, enter your VoIP phone number that you want to protect with Nomorobo

5. Click next (and keep this webpage open)

6. Open another tab in your browser. If you used the Obitalk web portal (www.obitalk.com) to configure your ATA, keep in mind that you must continue using it to configure your ATA. Otherwise whatever settings you change will eventually be overwritten by what you previously entered at obitalk.com anyway. If you wish to disable this behaviour, dial ***1. Enter that IP address into a web browser. Navigate to System Management-->OBiTalk Provisioning-->select Disabled for the method. Save. Reboot ATA. Now obitalk.com won't overwrite whatever changes you make via the device's interface (via IP address).

7. Navigate to Voice Services-->SP(voip service you want to protect with nomorobo) Service-->X_InboundCallRoute

Yours might look like {(yourcellphonenumber1|yourcellphonenumber2:aa($1)},{(MTelemarketers):},{(MLenny):spx(13475147296@in.callcentric.com)},{ph,spx(1866732xxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1)}

You just need to add the bolded part.
For OBi202s, you would use {ph,ph2,spx(1866732xxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1)}

The x in SPx needs to be a number between 1 and 4, where you've setup a SIP service provider. For example, if Freephoneline is setup on SP1, then use sp1.

1866732xxxx is your Nomorobo access phone number. You need to replace the xxxx.

Google Voice is not SIP. GV is XMPP with Obihai ATAs.
So, if you don't have a SIP service, you would need to setup a dummy SIP trunk as shown over here by azrobert:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php? ... 3#msg68413

You can also use sip.tollfreeproxy.com instead of tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com. I'm not sure, out of all the free SIP tollfree termination services available that don't require registration, which is the most reliable.

8. Save settings/reboot ATA

9. Test your nomorobo number. Go back to the other web browser tab with nomorobo. Select "I'm ready. Call me now." Or choose the test call option.

10. When your phone rings, answer it.

That's it.

If you don’t receive the Nomorobo verification call, you may not have to worry.

For example, I’ve received the following question from another Freephoneline user before:

“I tried following your guide to get Nomorobo working with Freephoneline, but for some reason when I dial number I got from website it rings once and then I get a busy signal (okay, that’s what should happen). But when I click on `I'm ready. Call me now’, my home phone never rings.

I've tried alcazar... Have Follow me - Disabled on FPL

Here is my Inbound route for an OBi202:

{(MTelemarketers):},{ph,ph2,sp1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1)}

Any ideas what could be my issue?”

A few thoughts occur to me.

A) Possibly Nomorobo is blocking the outbound call due your phone number not being owned by Vonage (or the provider you selected to obtain the toll free Nomorobo access number). If you don't see the test call in https://www.freephoneline.ca/doGetCallLogs, that might be one explanation. However, that's not a perfectly reliable method for determining what's happening because incoming phone numbers only appear in FPL's call log if the incoming call has been answered by you or FPL's answering machine.

B) If the test call to your FPL number is a SIP URI call from Nomoboro, the test call will never reach you because FPL blocks incoming SIP URI calls unless they're from Fongo Mobile.

C) Possibly FPL doesn't allow incoming Nomorobo verification calls anymore.

D) This is the most important point: it doesn't seem to really matter if you can't receive the Nomorobo verification call. If you don't verify the test call, Nomorobo still picks up the call with "please try your call again" when a telemarketer calls. If the test call is verified, the telemarketer hears this: https://soundcloud.com/nomorobo/nomorob ... er-captcha. I might actually prefer if the test call isn't verified.

Regardless, I suspect if you are seeing "busy" in your Obihai ATA’s call history, then your Nomorobo toll free number is working as intended.

Here's a quick way to test:

a) In your X_InboundCallRoute for Freephoneline, use {ph,ph2,sp1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=3194327596)}

For OBi200 users, use{ph,sp1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=3194327596)}

1866xxxxxxx is your toll free Nomorobo access number. The xxxxxxx needs to be replaced.

b) Using your cellphone, dial your Freephoneline phone number.

The call should be answered within 3 seconds of ringing by Nomorobo ("please try your call again" message is played or something similar), and then call is disconnected by Nomorobo.

c) now, in your X_InboundCallRoute for Freephoneline,
try {ph,ph2,sp1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=yourcellnumber)}

For OBi200 users, try{ph,sp1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=yourcellnumber)}

1866xxxxxxx is your toll free Nomorobo access number. The xxxxxxx needs to be replaced.
Similarly, youcellnumber needs to be replaced with your actual cell phone number.

d) Call your FPL number using your cell phone (or by using another provider other than FPL).

You should see the following in your ATA’s call history (found by logging into ATA with a web browser and navigating to Status–>Call History):
Call Failed (486 Busy Here; SP1(1866xxxxxxx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=yourcellnumber)

That's what's supposed to happen. If there's a busy response from Nomorobo, then the call will continue to ring your phone ports (beyond 3 seconds).

If Nomorobo picks up the call, then your phone ports won't ring.

3194327596 is a known marketer.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php? ... 6#msg58226
(thanks to azrobert)
There's a related thread here: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10368.20.
Should you have further questions concerning Nomorobo, you may want to try asking there. You do not, at this time of this writing, need to setup a dummy SIP trunk as described in the first page of that thread.

What happens with Nomorobo is that when the incoming caller ID isn't considered a telemarketer, Nomorobo responds with a busy signal, and your phone ports will still ring. If Nomorobo determines the caller is a telemarketer or robodialer, Nomorobo answers the call, and your phone ports stop ringing: https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... ks-a-Call-
Nomorobo may take a ring or two before answering the call (your phone will likely ring once per telemarketing call).

Keep in mind that, like Lenny, if Nomorobo answers the call, telemarketers will know your phone number is active and possibly add your phone number to other calling lists. So, in my opinion, using Tropo with SIT tones in combination with Nomorobo is the best solution. When Nomorobo answers the call, make note of the incoming phone number and add it to your MTelemarkers Digit Map.
--

AND

Since you have a Netgear R7000, I recommend you do the following:

a)Ensure that if you have a modem/router combo issued by your ISP that it is in bridge mode. Contact your ISP if need be.

b) Do NOT port forward or use DMZ using your R7000. Port forwarding is a security risk and should only be done as a last resort.
If you're dealing with SIP Scanners, then port forwarding is especially bad.

c. Switch router firmware to Xwrt-Vortex: http://xvtx.ru/xwrt/index.htm
http://xvtx.ru/xwrt/download.htm (you need to download the zip file starting with "R7000").
For instructions, visit http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?th ... 000.71108/.
I do not accept responsibility for failed firmware updates.

d. After step c, ensure that in your router, SIP Passthrough (navigate to Advanced Settings-->WAN-->NAT Passthrough) is set to "Enabled + NAT helper".
If you need to change the SIP Passthrough setting to "Enabled + NAT helper", ensure you click "apply" afterwards.

e. Thanks to Mango, many of us now understand that in order for ATAs to remain registered and
working properly with a VoIP SIP provider like Freephoneline, in particular after power failures,
the following conditions must be met:

UDP Unreplied Timeout (in your router) < NAT Keep-alive Interval (in your ATA; for Obihai
ATAs this is X_KeepAliveExpires) < UDP Assured Timeout (in your router) < SIP Registration
Failure Retry Wait Time (or RegisterRetryInterval in Obihai ATAs)

“<“ means less than.

When a modem leases a new IP address, a problem can arise where prior associations using the old
IP address are maintained in the router. When the ATA attempts to communicate using the old IP
address, the response is unreplied, and then if the UDP Unreplied timeout is greater than the Keep
Alive Interval (and UDP Unreplied timeout is often set to 30 by default in consumer routers) a
problem arises where the corrupted connection persists. If UDP Unreplied timeout is, for example,
10, and the NAT Keep Alive Interval is 20, then the corrupted connection will timeout or close. A
new connection will be created, and everything will work fine.

Another problem can occur when the Keep-Alive interval is greater than UDP Assured Timeout
(often 180 by default in consumer routers): the NAT hole will close due to the ATA not
communicating frequently enough with the SIP server. In turn, incoming calls may, intermittently,
not reach the ATA. Again, X_Keepalives expires is supposed to be 20 with FPL.

Getting access to both UDP Unreplied Timeout and UDP Assured Timeout settings in consumer
routers may be difficult, if not impossible. Asuswrt-Merlin, third party firmware for Asus routers,
does offer easy access to these two settings
, which are found under Tools-->Other settings. In part,
for this reason, I tend to use Asus routers. However, my understanding is that third party Tomato
firmware has these two settings as well. So if your router supports Tomato firmware, that may be
another option.

The keep alive interval for FPL is 20. The SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time is 120. I use
10 for UDP Unreplied Timeout and 117 for UDP Assured Timeout.

Xwrt-Vortex is basically Asuswrt-Merlin.

i) So, in your router, navigate to General-->Tools-->Other Settings-->TCP/IP settings

ii) change UDP Timeout: Assured to 117
iii) change UDP Timeout: Unreplied to 10

iv) Click "apply"

f. Click https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1008717.
Assign your Obihai ATA highest priority, and give everything else on your Local Area Network a lower priority than your ATA.

In order for Bandwith Monitor (found under Adaptive QoS in your router) to work properly, first, you must turn all devices in your household that connect to the internet (smartphones, computers, smart thermostats, hubs, console gaming systems, roku/apple tv, etc.) so that they are listed.

Drag and drop "Highest" onto your ATA. Do not assign "highest" to anything else. Assign a lower priority to everything else (it's your choice for what priority to use for each device--but don't use "highest" on anything other than your VoIP device). Click "apply".

Use QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor (and not the QoS tab) in router.
Login to your router. Navigate to Adaptive QoS-->Bandwidth Monitor. Assign your Obihai ATA highest priority, and assign a lower priority to every other device listed (turn on all devices on your Local Area Network first so that they all populate in the device list). You just drag and drop priorities onto the devices. Then you click the "apply" button.

g. reboot router

Good luck!
Last edited by Webslinger on Sep 18th, 2017 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.51x). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
SleepyEyez wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 9:42 am
Thank You,

Since you're using an R7000, I would switch router firmware to Xwrt-Vortex, as an initial step, and disable all port forwarding in your router.

http://xvtx.ru/xwrt/index.htm
http://xvtx.ru/xwrt/download.htm (you need to download the zip file starting with "R7000").
For instructions, visit http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?th ... 000.71108/.
I do not accept responsibility for failed firmware updates.

Basically ,

1) follow the section (at the bottom) in my reply to you starting with "Since you have a Netgear R7000, I recommend you do the following"
(steps a through g)

and then

2) follow the guide, starting on page 9, step by step, until the end of the guide
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 805#p73839
Last edited by Webslinger on Sep 18th, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.51x). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7417 posts
389 upvotes
I think this spam calls are evolving. After blocking those 1111, 0000 caller IDs, I got numerous callers mid night at 3 am with caller ID "test" and I had to unplug the phone !!!

My phone does not allow me to input non number caller ID to block !!!

These spam calls are so annoying
Jan 16, 2016
63 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Webslinger wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 8:38 am
I'm not sure if you're planning to use all 3 accounts with the same IP address. If you are (and don't have SIP ALG issues), I suggest not using the same ProxyServer for each account to help avoid temporary IP ban issues. That is, if you attempt for than 5 registrations within 5 minutes, you may be temporarily IP banned. If you have 3 accounts and are rebooting devices when configuring them (or for anything else), those registration limitations may be used up rather quickly:

https://community.freepbx.org/t/trunk-s ... ca/22479/8
"As May 2013, our servers will rate limit REGISTER requests to a maximum of 10 requests per 5 minutes. Each authentication round usually consumes 2 requests (digest auth), so it is a fair number given our guidelines. Also, it does not affect INVITES (which are also authenticated)...

This rate limit is applied per IP address as our service is tailored to residential Canadian users (ADSL/Cable). "

So, if you're using all 3 accounts from the same IP address, I suggest using voip.freephoneline.ca for one account, voip2.freephoneline.ca for the second account, and voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 for the third account. If you have no other choice but to use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 due to SIP ALG issues, then you may run into the temporary IP ban issue described above.

Lastly, and I have no clue if this applies to you, but strictly speaking, using Freephoneline for business purposes breaks its Terms of Service (just thought you might want to know).
Thanks so much for the information. I do not have any SIP ALG issues so I will be sure to register each account on separate ProxyServers. And thanks for the warning. These are just old phone numbers that we do not want to lose so I am bringing them over to FPL so we can maintain ownership
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 7:42 pm
I think this spam calls are evolving. After blocking those 1111, 0000 caller IDs, I got numerous callers mid night at 3 am with caller ID "test" and I had to unplug the phone !!!

They aren't calls. And they're not evolving. They're SIP scanners.
If you answered the ringing, and don't see related entries in your FPL call log, they're most likely SIP scanners: login at https://www.freephoneline.ca/doGetCallLogs.

Stop port forwarding or using DMZ.
Follow this slowly, step by step:
freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... #p28241617

I never have that problem because I'm not port forwarding, and also the guide I'm using/wrote eliminates that problem: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 805#p73839.

If you have an R7000, this is what you should be doing: freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... #p28241714.

Edit: Updated guide PDF link
Last edited by Webslinger on Sep 19th, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 7:42 pm

Also,
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31624365-

Again, these aren't actual calls.

There’s far too many modem/router combos issued by ISPs (and consumer routers in general) that are either horrible for SIP or incredibly misconfigured for basic security.
Mar 9, 2016
66 posts
35 upvotes
Seems like I missed out on the Newegg deal for the Obi200. Any ongoing deals on an Obihai or should we keep our eyes peeled for black Friday?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
ssaketh wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 4:46 am
Seems like I missed out on the Newegg deal for the Obi200. Any ongoing deals on an Obihai or should we keep our eyes peeled for black Friday?
Newegg.ca used to have sales at least once every quarter on those ATAs, but they don't appear to do so anymore, possibly because they no longer have any competition in Canada. Acrovoice.ca used to sell the OBi200 and 202 ATAs, but Newegg kept undercutting them; so Acrovoice stopped carrying those ATAs. And now Newegg.ca has no incentive to lower pricing. There may be a sale during the December holidays or boxing week. But I honestly have no clue.
Sep 22, 2007
247 posts
10 upvotes
Hi, so I've ran into a random issue. I'm using SPA-2102 with FPL and Rogers CGN3ACSMR (SIP ALG disabled) for a while now and everything was fine. Last night, had a 1 sec power outage and now I don't have dial tone. Can't make or receive calls. There have been no changes to any settings. My FPL account says connected, spa-2102 has IP address. Can anyone help?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
compactdisc wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 2:46 pm
Hi, so I've ran into a random issue. I'm using SPA-2102 with FPL and Rogers CGN3ACSMR (SIP ALG disabled) for a while now and everything was fine. Last night, had a 1 sec power outage and now I don't have dial tone. Can't make or receive calls. There have been no changes to any settings. My FPL account says connected, spa-2102 has IP address. Can anyone help?
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19132#p75016
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
4299 posts
1439 upvotes
ssaketh wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 4:46 am
Webslinger wrote: Newegg.ca used to have sales at least once every quarter on those ATAs, but they don't appear to do so anymore, possibly because they no longer have any competition in Canada. Acrovoice.ca used to sell the OBi200 and 202 ATAs, but Newegg kept undercutting them; so Acrovoice stopped carrying those ATAs. And now Newegg.ca has no incentive to lower pricing. There may be a sale during the December holidays or boxing week. But I honestly have no clue.

I'm selling my OBI200 new in a box, unopened. $75.00 (still in shipping box, unopened!)
I bought from Newegg and decided not to use it.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6833617008

Sells for $85.86 with tax and shipping, and yes it doesn't seem to go on sale too often anymore.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/obihai- ... a-2134772/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8017 posts
2354 upvotes
nightwalker wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 8:38 am
Is there any way to do Call Forwarding with just your phone?
You can with Obihai ATAs, but the call is bridged in order for it to work with FPL. You need to disable X_Use302ToCallForward in Obihai ATAs.

Here are some related posts:

newegg-obihai-obi200-ata-49-99-1-50-ehf ... #p27255747
newegg-obihai-obi200-ata-49-99-1-50-ehf ... #p27255847
having-two-landlines-temporarily-two-pr ... #p27308803
freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... #p27131121